Ground capacity wasn't 20,000 was it?

No it wasn't, 19k I think. He's gone all rose tinted again. We averaged 15k or so that season with not much deviation from that average. Four years later we averaged 6.6k and five years later again in 2001 we were down to 4.9k.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to a podcast the other night where they talked about Guardiola regulating gym usage - told the players that they were only allowed to use the gym with City staff in attendance because he believed that too much muscle was detrimental to performance.

With that in mind, it seems even more silly to not try to have some sort of control over what players eat.

Sure Robbo said food is back now

For me, another goalless game at Fleetwood and it's hard to justify Robinson continuing on.

I'm still clinging onto the idea a couple of half decent strikers in January will change our fortunes, but 12 goals in 22 is unprecedented - doesn't really deserve the chance with that rate.

For me, another goalless game at Fleetwood and it's hard to justify Robinson continuing on.

I'd prefer to give someone the fleetwood game to look at the squad but it takes us weeks to find managers anyway.

I forsee robinson leaving and then a new manager coming in so late in january we dont sign anybody!

Whoever we play, however well we play, we lose.

I was hopeful when we appointed Robinson because he comes across well and talked a good game, but this isn't working. Time to thank him for his efforts and show him the door, I'm afraid.

If we can't wait for Sheridan to be sacked, get Ronnie Moore in. His much-maligned mid-2000's spell as manager seems like dreamland compared to this.

Robinson is like his fellow compatriate Kelly.... a master of the 3 b's.We are most likely going down and I doubt even a change now will save us.The home games in January are going to be vital to do well.

Glad to see Wilson back in the team with Clarke which is long overdue. I want Shez back but doubt even he can save us but I live in hope we can drag ourselves out of this pit we are now well and truly into.

The lack of real fight is worrying just seems like the players don't want to play for him.

A mate who's a Sheffield united supporter who went today said that's the one thing we had going for us - effort and fight. Just "no obvious outlets".

Just heard his interview . Says we'd have won if Billy Sharp was on our side. It's all about the strikers he said.

Fair enough, ours aren't the best but I think he's overlooking the fact we don't create many chances for our strikers.

Also seemed to suggest 2 of the loanees would be going back and 2 more coming in to replace them.

Robinson is like his fellow compatriate Kelly.... a master of the 3 b's.We are most likely going down and I doubt even a change now will save us.The home games in January are going to be vital to do well.

Glad to see Wilson back in the team with Clarke which is long overdue. I want Shez back but doubt even he can save us but I live in hope we can drag ourselves out of this pit we are now well and truly into.

Watched Kelly's Hyde team win 3-1 at Droylsden today.

Very passionate in his coaching from the bench, living every minute of the game.

Had a word with him before the match and he told me he's building a structure at the club for the future.

Edited by BP1960

Can you do loan deals while under transfer embargo?

How the embargo works.

Any embargo would be applied before the start of January Transfer window. Under the ban, a club could still players however they will only be able to sign a player if it is on a one a one-out, one in basis where both the following conditions apply:

The club has fewer than 24 registered players, and

The incoming player has wages of below 75% of the departing player.

Edited by BP1960

At least he has now found his comfort zone.

Very passionate in his coaching from the bench, living every minute of the game.

Had a word with him before the match and he told me he's building a structure at the club for the future.

As I drove past the butchers arms on my way to Bramall Lane I wondered how that game might turnout.

If he told you he was building a space rocket to go to Mars would you believe him?

I'm surprised he's still in work because they were near the relegation places - way below pre season expectations - before KO. Still Playershare will now likely benefit from our bet.

As I drove past the butchers arms on my way to Bramall Lane I wondered how that game might turnout.

If he told you he was building a space rocket to go to Mars would you believe him?

I'm surprised he's still in work because they were near the relegation places - way below pre season expectations - before KO. Still Playershare will now likely benefit from our bet.

Well they are building a structure, from academy level with links to Rochdale, time will tell, but my impression is his hearts really in this.

http://www.hydeunited.co.uk/news/new-scouting-network-at-hyde-united-fc-1735724.html

Edited by BP1960

Well they are building a structure, from academy level with links to Rochdale, time will tell, but my impression is his hearts really in this.

http://www.hydeunited.co.uk/news/new-scouting-network-at-hyde-united-fc-1735724.html

Sounds like a great initiative to be fair.... and Dale's record at finding, developing and then selling on for big profit, young or disgarded pro's is something you have to admire.

I wonder how TP views this approach in comparison to our youth set up, notwithstanding we've had our fair share of successes in recent seasons: Tarky, Coleman - who played in the championship today - and Renshaw. Sadly, who have all made seemingly less profit for the club than Dale's players have for theirs.

Nonaenever - if you're reading this - there is a question in here somewhere for your meeting with the Chairman.

Well they are building a structure, from academy level upwards, time will tell, but my impression his hearts really in this.http://www.hydeunited.co.uk/

He can get his cv execs to add that to his portfolio.Robinson could team up with him as his assistant at Hyde.

Personally they could not assemble a Lego team between them.If Corney is reading these posts...get someone with some experience in management and rapid and get rid of the likes of Green Banks Burgess Ladapo Rekord Erwin Mackay .Only a few players worth keeping hold off like Ripley,Wilson,Fane ,Clarke.Never seen such rubbish as we play at home but away games seem not too bad overall in effort.

Sounds like a great initiative to be fair.... and Dale's record at finding, developing and then selling on for big profit, young or disgarded pro's is something you have to admire.

I wonder how TP views this approach in comparison to our youth set up, notwithstanding we've had our fair share of successes in recent seasons: Tarky, Coleman - who played in the championship today - and Renshaw. Sadly, who have all made seemingly less profit for the club than Dale's players have for theirs.

Nonaenever - if you're reading this - there is a question in here somewhere for your meeting with the Chairman.

I know someone who used to play for ours & then Dales U16's about 4/5 years ago. He said that our setup at that level was shocking compared to Rochdales...