New Signing

I wouldn't discount him on the grounds that some players are late developers. I remember Lee Trundle, who was often on the bench at clubs like Burscough, Chorley,Southport and Stalybridge yet went on to do well in league football.

The same with Matt Smith, who couldn't catch the first team at Droylsden bar the odd game.

It's a case of see how he goes on.

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't discount him on the grounds that some players are late developers. I remember Lee Trundle, who was often on the bench at clubs like Burscough, Chorley,Southport and Stalybridge yet went on to do well in league football.

The same with Matt Smith, who couldn't catch the first team at Droylsden bar the odd game.

It's a case of see how he goes on.

He doesn't seem to represent an improvement in our transfer policy, possibly even the opposite, but you're right - if he does sign let's give him a chance before rushing to judgement......

Our player of the season by a mile, fans favourite, seems to be enjoying his time here and he goes somewhere else in January? Even our dear leaders aren't daft enough to let it happen.

If we haven't been paying the fees Boro are owed, they've already been daft enough to let it happen.

Why would you loan Ripley out to anyone else, when he is getting the experience of making more saves then any other keeper in the league.lol

I agree with this, he's learning far more about his trade being involved making saves for the whole 90 minutes in a :censored: team rather than one that's defensively tight.

Possibly because they'd like to know if he can perform at a higher level against better strikers.

That way they'll have a better idea of whether he's likely to make it for them, and if not he's in a shop window at a higher level.

Experience is great, absolutely, but the higher the position you earn it at the better for player and club.

If the transfer embargo is not lifted and I believe it has to be sorted by the 1st of January too, I don't think we can sign anyone even a fee agent until after the end of the season

Let's face it, if we haven't (allegedly as I don't even know myself), paid any parent clubs for their loanees and they all get recalled, could we actually field a team? How many have we got? I've lost count...

Yikes....

Not sure if I'm right but if it does not get resolved, they all go back, isn't there some sort o exception to the rule with regards to a gk?

I'm saying allegedly to cover my ass so to speak....

Edited by underdog

Bolton were able to sign free agents whilst under a transfer embargo. So shouldn't be an issue for us.

How does that work? If we have proved we can't the bills so to speak and by bills I'm encompassing any outgoings with regards to the club, how can this be approved of by the FA/EFL? Genuine question Edited by underdog