• Fane
    • Green
    • Banks
    • Flynn
    • Holloway
    • McLaughlin
    • Mckay
    • Ngoo

Paul Green, back to the player he was in the first few games of the season. Gerrard for his 50% overhead kick compeltion rate?

Fane is far to negative, he broke play down, but refused to go forwards!

If Shez can get performances out of Green that is enormous. The 'like a new signing' cliché would be appropriate having clearly got a brain but just lost all confidence to carry out simple acts recently. Some have written him off entirely, but I'm convinced he can still do it. If he can then he's a class above this level.

Also think that he's quite a positive central mid at times - makes some decent runs beyond the midfield and looks to pass forwards when he can - which would counteract Fane's forwards limitations.

Gave it to Holloway. Think a few but not many underestimate what this guy brings to the party. He makes such a huge difference keeping the ball in oppositions half allowing midfielders to advance. He runs his nuts off and is a smart player. If we had a goal poacher next to him for a full season I think they would love it and be near the top of the goalscorer charts, although I don't see him scoring so many himself he is indispensable to our chances of staying up. One of my favourite forwards fir quite some time. I'm really surprised it has not worked out for him at a high flying fleetwood side. Can anybody enlighten me as to why ?

Gave it to Holloway. Think a few but not many underestimate what this guy brings to the party. He makes such a huge difference keeping the ball in oppositions half allowing midfielders to advance. He runs his nuts off and is a smart player. If we had a goal poacher next to him for a full season I think they would love it and be near the top of the goalscorer charts, although I don't see him scoring so many himself he is indispensable to our chances of staying up. One of my favourite forwards fir quite some time. I'm really surprised it has not worked out for him at a high flying fleetwood side. Can anybody enlighten me as to why ?

I'd have a guess at injuries and change of management.

He wasn't signed by Rosler, who doesn't seem to be playing any hold-ups type strikers at the moment, and then he got injured early in his tenure I think + they've just spent money on some new forwards so maybe they have upgrades.

Although like you say, at this level he's class. Brilliant control, great vision and a proper battler. Enjoy watching him play and he makes a massive difference. I was about to say yesterday in a post that you could make an argument for him as the most creative player we currently have on the books.

Holloway for me, he wasn't perfect by any stretch but some of the lay off's and his upper body strength when he rolls a defender made a massive difference to us retaining the ball higher up the pitch. If he stays injury free and starts scoring as well we could get out of the :censored: we are in.

Paul Green, back to the player he was in the first few games of the season. Gerrard for his 50% overhead kick compeltion rate?

Fane is far to negative, he broke play down, but refused to go forwards!

I thought he was quite forward thinking for most of the game but seemed to spot a Steve Robinson lookalike in the crowd every now & again then turn and pass backwards.....