Ryan McGlaughlin

Showed several times this season he has potential hope we can keep hold of him for a couple of years and he can develop.

Personally I believe his best position is on the right wing where he is given the licence to get the ball and take players on. If he stays fit and focused then potentially we have a very good player on our hands.

Missed his turn, before the run, best individual goal we've scored for quite some time. Now AAH is going to be out we need a catalyst, could he be it? Pace and an ability to run at defenders will always reap rewards at this level and most defenders are either kids or cloggers who want the ball in front of them not in behind.

Edited by oafcprozac

Early days but...... Shades of Vardy? , Pace....scares defenders, direct, good control, didn't waste a touch (seven) with goal. Lovely finish.

Hes a different type of player to Vardy

He's not as quick as Vardy, and Vardy is also an on the shoulder striker whereas Mclaughlin is more of a dribbler.

If it's an option to extend at the end of the season (guessing) what would be the upside in activating it now?

Fair call Dave OG I never really got my thought process across with that post -

Given that we are more than definitely going to activate the clause to resign him for next season maybe we should look at offering a contract for the year after as well. Consider that he was supposed to be a right back but can also play right mid and as a stand in striker surely we can get him signed up at a very good rate, if we wait to the end of the season his wage demands may well increase significantly.

You could see yesterday that McLaughlin wasn't sure where to position himself at times but the finish was a confident one. If if just gets himself within 10 yards of Holloway to Ngoo when they're battling in the air he might get himself a few more chances. Pretty sure Kevin Philips was a converted full back who went on to do well.

Early days but...... Shades of Vardy? , Pace....scares defenders, direct, good control, didn't waste a touch (seven) with goal. Lovely finish.

Hes a different type of player to Vardy

He's not as quick as Vardy, and Vardy is also an on the shoulder striker whereas Mclaughlin is more of a dribbler.

Darren Huckerby

Edited by HarryBosch

If it's an option to extend at the end of the season (guessing) what would be the upside in activating it now?

Man management...

Boosting his confidence even further? A well deserved pat on the back?

Alternatively he could be the type to rest on his laurels if we extended it now.

I trust Shez will know which, if either...

Edited by HarryBosch

Missed his turn, before the run, best individual goal we've scored for quite some time. Now AAH is going to be out we need a catalyst, could he be it? Pace and an ability to run at defenders will always reap rewards at this level and most defenders are either kids or cloggers who want the ball in front of them not in behind.

' Now AAH is going to be out '

Not heard anything definite regarding the injury have you?

Both his goals have been scored when he's been coming from a wide right position. We reverted to 4-1-4-1 yesterday with Taylor and McLaughlin supporting from wide and O'Neil bursting through the middle.

I'm baffled that so many think he could do a job up front. I'm not saying he's a bad player (quite like him at times wide right) and playing him up top is hanging him out to dry. However, how anyone can come away from yesterday suggesting McLaughlin is a central striker is beyond me. His runs are poor and when with AAH he actually runs away from him rather than trying to link up for flick ons. Play him wide right every day of the week.