Sheff Utd Home Game

Those games are generally the best ones, where fans will want to create an atmosphere. Sitting just doesn't have the same effect. Surely you'd agree that if your intention was to sit down it'd be selfish to select seats at the back that would impede those who might want to stand?

Surely you'd agree that those who wish to stand and sing then should go as far to back corner as possible because those who want to sit also want a good view and you ain't getting that down the front behind the goal

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely you'd agree that those who wish to stand and sing then should go as far to back corner as possible because those who want to sit also want a good view and you ain't getting that down the front behind the goal

Doesn't that generally happen anyway?

Those games are generally the best ones, where fans will want to create an atmosphere. Sitting just doesn't have the same effect. Surely you'd agree that if your intention was to sit down it'd be selfish to select seats at the back that would impede those who might want to stand?

And what if they are the only seats left and you are taking kids are you being selfish then, how about those that may have a disability?

I don't have a problem with people standing at games but people do need to apply some common sense. If you're blocking someones view then sit down. If you're at the back or you're around people that stand then by all means stand.

Last time I set in a my seat at any game was Anfield a couple of seasons ago when I had a bloke who must of been in his 80's sat directly behind me, he even asked me to sit when I stood up to applaud the team out, it does depend on the circumstances on the day though but common sense normally prevails.

And what if they are the only seats left and you are taking kids are you being selfish then, how about those that may have a disability?

I don't have a problem with people standing at games but people do need to apply some common sense. If you're blocking someones view then sit down. If you're at the back or you're around people that stand then by all means stand.

That just doesn't happen. The seats at the back always go the fastest. End of the day, I think too much priority is put onto those who want to sit down having 'right of way' of such. Obviously disability is a totally different story.

What I don't understand is how fans of the top two leagues never have an issue. All fans stand at games, all those who want to sit go to the front and it's never an issue. It's always assumed and it's ingrained.

That just doesn't happen. The seats at the back always go the fastest. End of the day, I think too much priority is put onto those who want to sit down having 'right of way' of such. Obviously disability is a totally different story.

What I don't understand is how fans of the top two leagues never have an issue. All fans stand at games, all those who want to sit go to the front and it's never an issue. It's always assumed and it's ingrained.

Those who want to sit down having right of way. In an all seater stadium.

I get the standing up, I prefer it, but then my mum is nearly 60 and she still goes to quite a few away games. She doesn't want to be standing up for 90 minutes. Nor does she want to be right down at the bottom with a :censored:ing :censored:e view.

Those who want to sit down having right of way. In an all seater stadium.

I get the standing up, I prefer it, but then my mum is nearly 60 and she still goes to quite a few away games. She doesn't want to be standing up for 90 minutes. Nor does she want to be right down at the bottom with a :censored:ing :censored:e view.

It's more the idea of someone insisting they sit in 'their' seat when you don't pick your seat to begin with.

It's more the idea of someone insisting they sit in 'their' seat when you don't pick your seat to begin with.

But if you turn up in a group just before kick off, you can't find enough seats together.

In that scenario I'd be telling the people sat in our seats to move.

I agree with the club regarding the switch for those games. We can't afford to turn down extra revenue in our position. Maybe something can be given to ST holders as compensation for the move rather just being forced to move?