Pre-season Training

The players return on Thursday for testing, and start the proper training next Monday.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/104204/-search-for-a-striker

It looks like Gerrard started today.

Anthony Gerrard‏Verified account @antgerrard86 20h20 hours ago

It officially starts tomorrow for me, had itchy feet all off season... and I can't f&£kin wait!! ⚽️????‍♀️??????????

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

Hope he has had a conservative off season in terms of Calorie intake...he was carrying at the end of last season. Need him and Clarke in tip top shape (I have no doubts Clarke will be). 

Keep hearing this about Gerarrds weigh and  I don't disagree he should be in better shape. (He will be btw ) but can anyone actually give examples where he's looked a liability because of it ? 

21 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Keep hearing this about Gerarrds weigh and  I don't disagree he should be in better shape. (He will be btw ) but can anyone actually give examples where he's looked a liability because of it ? 

It can only be a good thing though him being in better shape... he might lose a touch of strength if he trimmed down but I'm sure it would be outweighed with other positives. Saying that Gregan was a class above carrying timber and knew how to use it, not sure Gerrard is in the same class though. 

Edited by Blue_Guru

22 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

But could he be an even better player if he was properly fit? I wouldn't mind betting clubs higher up the leagues would have a look at him if he looked a bit more like a pro footballer.

31 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

But could he be an even better player if he was properly fit? I wouldn't mind betting clubs higher up the leagues would have a look at him if he looked a bit more like a pro footballer.

So your saying it's s good thing then ? Coz we wouldn't have him if he was slimline ! Nah I know what you mean but some people just carry extra timber (I'm looking in the mirror) and are still fit ( I've stopped looking in mirror ). Anyway let's see how he looks with a pre season under his 40 inch belt 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

As with Andy Murray, we all need to rub Holloway's leg in a picture to make it better....

Take a look at @macemf99's Tweet: https://twitter.com/macemf99/status/882274344147316736?s=09

Which leg..cough cough......now if it was Connor Ripley's leg I'd certainly risk a ban....gonna miss that man.

they best crack on and get me something to ogle at on a cold winters night at BP.....brrrrr

Edited by underdog