The new goalkeeper is....

1 minute ago, Blue_Guru said:

At least 3...

in all seriousness there are a lot of 'floating fans' that keep in touch, read and post on here, listen on Iplayer etc that know how big a factor Ripley was in keeping us up lat year. I just feel with the best close season and preseason we have had in years it could have been the final thing to shout about and create a final wave of optimism. 

There's a reason why a good run of performances bring fans back in their hundreds it's because they are just sitting there waiting to be convinced that turning up on Saturday will be worth their time and money. 

Whilst I admit Ripley isn't the same as a 10 game winning streak, but fans know that replicating the form since Sheridan came here over a season could put us near the play offs and Ripley would be a big factor towards achieving that. 

But let's be honest it's not even gonna happen is it...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What seems to have happened here is that Shez heard murmurs a couple of weeks ago that Ripley might be available again, and shelved all plans for a new keeper - seemed happy with the German as a Number 2 and sent BPF back to Leeds. Now, it all looks dead in the water and we've gone back with our tail between our legs to Leeds and BPF, and signed this lad from Cardiff to be understudy. There's only one person to blame for this and that is Shez but, to be fair to him, it would have looked an inspired decision if we had managed to lure Ripley back. Regardless of what other posters have put on here, it was a very strong possibility, if not probability that it would happen a couple of weeks ago.

Fuck um - I'm taking my two boys tomorrow to the game and couldn't be more excited than I already am...

20 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If he's not number 1 the other one must be decent. Gave a good account of himself. One superb save in 2nd half and handling looked good too

I mentioned his handling was good after the last game. Wonderful save in the 2nd half and not to blame for the goals 

12 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Thought his distribution was very good but still too early to tell how good he is - but this game will hopefully give him more confidence because with all the Ripley chat he could have easily become a target for the boo boys.

No need to worry about him becoming a boo boy target. Banks has got that sewn up already.

Ain't that bad... Maybe a tad small in height might struggle with ariel threat especially if strikers get in his way. Although he did go through Clarke to get the ball so he's not a softie. Just a shame our defence in front let him down today

i like the way he released the ball early to set up attacks, just a shame the attackers weren't that switched on.

not a bad start from him

Edited by underdog

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Is not being given the number 1 jersey an answer to that tho ?

Maybe he didn't want the number 1 jersey.  My lad plays in goal and always asks for the number 13 on his team kits