Further transfer business before the deadline....

I reckon if we can get a good keeper in - a Ripley or a Lonergan - a leftback, a Welsh or a Douglas type in midfield and Baxter or a Baxter type attacking midfielder/forward we'll have a really, really good chance of doing something this season.

I can't see anyone other than McLaughlin, Fane or Flynn leaving, possibly Banks. Maybe Osei out on loan. 

Fane's the one we need to hang onto in my opinion. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson yesterday was our first loan signing this window. Think we will see it used again between now and 31st of August.

I know some aren't a fan of the loan market but if you play it properly it can yeild good players at minimal if any cost. I would like to think their is a couple of players in either premier league or top end championship clubs who will be of great use to us who's clubs will want to send on loan to us.

Edited by GlossopLatic

29 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Wilson yesterday was our first loan signing this window. Think we will see it used again between now and 31st of August.

I know some aren't a fan of the loan matket but if you play it properly it can yield good players at minimal if any cost. I would like to think their is a couple of players in either premier league or top end championship clubs who will be of great use to us who's clubs will want to send on loan to us.

If it's only used for a couple it's good

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

If it's only used for a couple it's good

Indeed. We don't want the team mainly being made up of loans. 

We have the numbers in now interms of a squad we have several options so it should be about quality now rather than quantity interms of anyone brought in between now and the 31st.

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Banks and Green very poor, Did Holloway have one attempt at goal? 

The subs made no difference at all which is concerning. Having said that Duffus must start against Burton.

Should we have played a game last Tuesday? the playes looked drained rather than the expected super fit.

Oxford were far sharper.

I see what you are saying BP, but this two games in a week nonsense really anoys me.  Look at tennis player regular 3, 4 5 hours (both mental and physical and no where to hide; with only a day off between matches).  Those guys are super fit.  Footballers should cope easily.

7 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

I see what you are saying BP, but this two games in a week nonsense really anoys me.  Look at tennis player regular 3, 4 5 hours (both mental and physical and no where to hide; with only a day off between matches).  Those guys are super fit.  Footballers should cope easily.

I don't get the impression our players are super fit, I thought Oxford's were far sharper.

Edited by BP1960

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I don't get the impression our players are super fit, I thought Oxford's were far sharper.

Might not necessarily be a fitness thing. I don't see one player in our midfield capable of quick thinking or quick passing. 

No one can cross a ball with any pace or accuracy. Just catching practice for their keeper all day long. 

Money needs spending on creative midfield players desperately. Either winger or central or both. 

Just now, mickjagger said:

Rome was not built in a day & also budget constraints will be a factor we are significantly better of than the start of last season for sure KTF.  

You are right about budgets, you can more or less predict which teams will be in the top 6 of any division on that basis alone.

2 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Rome was not built in a day & also budget constraints will be a factor we are significantly better of than the start of last season for sure KTF.  

I agree. And I'm confident Shez could keep this squad up. But if we want to move forward we need to start scoring regularly. 

Just now, nzlatic said:

I agree. And I'm confident Shez could keep this squad up. But if we want to move forward we need to start scoring regularly. 

A player said in an interview they had been working a lot with the ball. 

Not on the ground though on today's  showing 

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

A player said in an interview they had been working a lot with the ball. 

Not on the ground though on today's  showing 

Training ground & match day under pressure are totally different it will take a little time , Shez knows he needs more creativity in midfield i am sure that is what he is looking for hopefully he can unearth a gem from somewhere,