Latics v Oxford game chat 5/8/17

33 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

They did rest several including Payne, Burton will have Ripley and Palmer in tonight. 

Of the 13 players they used on Saturday they used 11 last night including Payne for 59 minutes. 8 of the starters on sat started last night.....

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Magister said:

Of the 13 players they used on Saturday they used 11 last night including Payne for 59 minutes. 8 of the starters on sat started last night.....

Against Cheltenham who will probably get relegated from league 2 next season. 

We we need to score a couple of goals tonight otherwise the pressure will build

29 minutes ago, Magister said:

So?

football doesn't work that way does it. Are you saying this means oxford are terrible and will probably be relegated because they were beaten by lower league opposition and therefore we will too.

After 1 game? It's 1 game in. 

get a grip. 

34 minutes ago, Magister said:

In that case we need to sign the Cheltenham goalscorers and whoever created the goals.

Every game is different....they are probably focusing on the league rather than the EFL cup.

This is getting silly now, we are ONE GAME into the season FFS!!!

I fear for Shez if we go on a losing run......he's going to get hounded out!!

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So?

football doesn't work that way does it. Are you saying this means oxford are terrible and will probably be relegated because they were beaten by lower league opposition and therefore we will too.

After 1 game? It's 1 game in. 

get a grip. 

There's only one of us getting agitated

28 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Every game is different....they are probably focusing on the league rather than the EFL cup.

What's good for the goose and all that...

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Not really. It's only a vocal internet minority. 

2 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

We we need to score a couple of goals tonight otherwise the pressure will build

Against a Championship side?  Nah, anything we get out of tonight is a bonus.

19 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Against a Championship side?  Nah, anything we get out of tonight is a bonus.

Jesus. I hope Shez pitches it differently to the players. 

They're a lesser light of the Championship away to lower league opposition. This is exactly the kind of match where we can cause an "upset" if it would even be an upset. 

We beat Wigan at the same stage last season who were viewed (at that stage of the season) as much stronger opposition than Burton are tonight. 

24 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Jesus. I hope Shez pitches it differently to the players. 

They're a lesser light of the Championship away to lower league opposition. This is exactly the kind of match where we can cause an "upset" if it would even be an upset. 

We beat Wigan at the same stage last season who were viewed (at that stage of the season) as much stronger opposition than Burton are tonight. 

Bloody hell.  Of course he should.  I'm just saying, I'm not going to get too down about it if we're beaten by Burton.  Like it or not, they're better than us.

4 hours ago, Magister said:

There's only one of us getting agitated

Not agitated at all flower.  Just tired of the amount of negativity after one game. (and all the time from you)

It would be nice if you gave an opinion and your post had a point rather than just saying they lost to Cheltenham... the immediate and obvious response is "so what"

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Not agitated at all flower.  Just tired of the amount of negativity after one game. (and all the time from you)

It would be nice if you gave an opinion and your post had a point rather than just saying they lost to Cheltenham... the immediate and obvious response is "so what"

Interesting.....you want me to give an opinion whilst simultaneously objecting  to my opinion which you say I have not given.    

45 minutes ago, Magister said:

Interesting.....you want me to give an opinion whilst simultaneously objecting  to my opinion which you say I have not given.    

I originally said "what is your point" because you had none.   You just put "Oxford conceded 4 last night", that was it.

You still haven't made a point or given an opinion.   You have stated two facts: 

1. they conceded 4 and

2. they rested a few but brought them on later.

So... what is your point?

16 hours ago, Magister said:

i see Oxford conceded 4 at home tonight

6 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Is anybody else seeing the OBVIOUS reason for this or is it just me & Leeslover? 

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I originally said "what is your point" because you had none.   You just put "Oxford conceded 4 last night", that was it.

You still haven't made a point or given an opinion.   You have stated two facts: 

1. they conceded 4 and

2. they rested a few but brought them on later.

So... what is your point?

The fact that you have now replied to 5 times to a post you say has no point , expresses no opinion and makes not one iota of difference suggests that my point has well and truly been made

3 minutes ago, Magister said:

The fact that you have now replied to 5 times to a post you say has no point , expresses no opinion and makes not one iota of difference suggests that my point has well and truly been made

No, it really doesn't.  If someone refuses to answer then I could ask 30 times and they still wont have answered and they still wont have made their point.

If you don't want to make your point that's fine, we're done.