Oldham v Wigan

1 hour ago, paw4 said:

My whipping boy so far this season as got to be Gerrard, his clearance for the first goal, when he had all the time in the world to put it out for a throw in but sliced it out for corner.

Then they scored from that  corner. We go on to gift them the comedic second goal. Wigan looked a very good side but it is so frustrating that their best opportunities came from schoolboy errors in our defence.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shez has to shoulder a large chunk of the blame with some baffling tactical decisions so far this season.

How you can line up in any game of football without a ball winner is crazy but to do against a very good side like Wigan even more so. His failure to sign a left back is a big problem too.

Fane and Gardner would of given us a glimmer of hope and prevented their midfield runners coasting in without being tracked in the first half.

10 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Just in case it needed reaffirming, we're not just terrible on the eye, we're also statistically garbage. 

IMG_20170820_125223.jpg

Is this after 3 league games?  If so, how utterly pointless.  A 0-0 in the next game would cause a massive swing. 

A bit odd too considering Bury have conceded more than us against statistically worse opposition.

statistics and lies....

Edited by kowenicki

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Is this after 3 league games?  If so, how utterly pointless.  A 0-0 in the next game would cause a massive swing. 

A bit odd too considering Bury have conceded more than us against statistically worse opposition.

statistics and lies....

It says we're shit.  And we are.

14 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

It says we're shit.  And we are.

Helpful. Yes, we have been poor so far against mostly good opposition. Wigan will win this league easily and Oxford will be top 5 minimum. Some of you snowflakes need to calm down and be a bit more resilient. We will improve. 

Edited by kowenicki

37 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

statistics and lies....

Not necessarily. It's expected goals, so if Blackpool create a bunch of good chances and miss them all, and we create nothing (very possible), the stats get worse. 

Small sample size though, yes. 

23 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Helpful. Yes, we have been poor so far against mostly good opposition. Wigan will win this league easily and Oxford will be top 5 minimum. Some of you snowflakes need to calm down and be a bit more resilient. We will improve. 

Stuff your snowflake comment where the sun doesn't shine.

15 hours ago, Magister said:

just  questioning the infallibility mantra of the cult of Sheridan.....the pre-season preparation was poor, recruitment obviously hit a problem, we don't appear to have a preferred system, the players look flat, there have been some iill advised press briefings, we have lost 6 on the trot......I think the question is definitely on the table

Is it fuck.

You and a few others need to give your heads a wobble. :lol:

Kelly, Dunn, & Robinson were all first time managers and weren't given time because it was very clear very early that bollocks had been dropped. 

Sheridan on the other hand has managed for over 500 games, won a promotion, won a cup (albeit a shit one), brought us back from the abyss 2 seasons running and, along with Dowie, is one of only two managers who's had us anywhere near success since Royle. 

That alone buys him more time than others (can't believe I'm even having to say this :lol:) before you even get into his service as a coach & a player and his risking his health for the club post Chris Moore....

Most importantly though he knows what to do and will turn it round once his brinkmanship with Corney comes to an end. 

I've been reading the post-match comments and some points I can agree with wholeheartedly and some are laughable.

Watching two cr*p perfomances against Walsall and Wigan, I'm coming round to thoughts that some have put on here.

1) Unless something drastic happens re: goalkeeper, we are stuck with Wilson.

2) Go back to 4 at the back.....Drop Gerrard and play Clarke & Wilson with Dummigan and Hunt.

3) I'm in the Fane camp until someone (Hopefully) better comes in. Banks should be nowhere near the team......he is a liability and please don't bring up the 1 pass in 10 games. If Fane breaks up play (and he does regularly), then he's doing his job. Gardiner showed up Banks's lack of quality and effort and, In my opinion, would have preferred not to have to cover for two players. He showed more in that one game than Banks in the season to date

4) Belgian Sid looked lively and tried......would have liked him to switch wings on occasion.

5) And then the forwards........bluddy hell. We need to get two of them to gel and quickly.

Finally, Sheridan has to shoulder some of the blame along with his coaching staff ......because something ain't right.

Some of the blame !!!!

Shez has really disappointed me this season.

He was fully aware from day one where our main problem is - midfield.

Yet he has failed to bring anybody in to cover that position, ok maybe the players he wanted aren't available or affordable but to play Banks against Wigan and leave Fane on the bench is inexcusable. He must have known how strong Wigan are and to fill the midfield with powderpuff gets what it deserves.

Even more disappointing his the comments after the Walsall match , it's almost as if he's saying , there Mr Corney that's what i have got and this is what happens when you play them !!

How can he send players out with confidence when his own body language is so downbeat.

Your the manager Shez, you said you have learnt a lot since you first managed Latics so please grow up , get on with the job or move aside.

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

I've been reading the post-match comments and some points I can agree with wholeheartedly and some are laughable.

Watching two cr*p perfomances against Walsall and Wigan, I'm coming round to thoughts that some have put on here.

2) Go back to 4 at the back.....Drop Gerrard and play Clarke & Wilson with Dummigan and Hunt.

3) I'm in the Fane camp until someone (Hopefully) better comes in. Banks should be nowhere near the team......he is a liability and please don't bring up the 1 pass in 10 games. If Fane breaks up play (and he does regularly), then he's doing his job. Gardiner showed up Banks's lack of quality and effort and, In my opinion, would have preferred not to have to cover for two players. He showed more in that one game than Banks in the season to date

4) Belgian Sid looked lively and tried......would have liked him to switch wings on occasion.

5) And then the forwards........bluddy hell. We need to get two of them to gel and quickly.

Finally, Sheridan has to shoulder some of the blame along with his coaching staff ......because something ain't right.

Something defo isn't right and playing  one up front at home won't have the fans pouring back.Lots left way before the end and many won't come  back  until we start winning and show some fight.I agree with most of what you say .I counted only two shots on goal.We are not causing any problems to opponents and both Oxford and Wigan seemed to coast through the games for fun..What do they do all week in training to produce such a weak 90 minutes end result on Saturday.

I know it's only early days but there seems to be a lethargic attitude in the players which Shez has to sort out quickly.

5 hours ago, welshgaz said:

Shez has to shoulder a large chunk of the blame with some baffling tactical decisions so far this season.

How you can line up in any game of football without a ball winner is crazy but to do against a very good side like Wigan even more so. His failure to sign a left back is a big problem too.

Fane and Gardner would of given us a glimmer of hope and prevented their midfield runners coasting in without being tracked in the first half.

You'd have thought Shez hadn't got a clue about the game with that midfield. As soon as I saw Banks and Gardner's names together I knew it was gonna be a shitshow. Baffling decision to play with two midfielders who can't tackle.

On the plus side, surely now Gardner's performances has finally ridded us of Banks. Absolutely painful watching him play. On the other hand, glad two players who are decent to watch have just made their debuts. Belgian lad needs to cut the diving out, though, especially when he looks like he's in a promising position.

Edited by NewBlue

2 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Agree with a lot of this. Back 4, I'd play Stott ahead of Wilson in the middle but no problem with with either. Fane and Gardner solid in midfield and McLaughlin and Seventeen will carry us forward out wide. Osei looked like he wanted to get on the end of something and for that alone I'd give him a start.

Brian Wilson is a decent right back, isn't he?  I'd have him at the back, along with Hunt, Clarke and Stott.

Fane and Gardner (based on his reviews on here..) at centre-mid, with McLaughlin and Tope on the wings.  Davies and Osei/Duffus up front.

For what it's worth...