Corney on Investment

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, youngen said:

Half the people on here were believing a Chinese investor was coming in cos a poster made up some garbage rumour. Now Corney (the owner of the club) says theres an investor from Dubai but noone believes him. Muddled

Ha!

But not "no-one".

I think many are silently hopeful, but cautious enough to not get hopes too raised.

News like this certaintly does enable you to sort peopel out into various categories!!

2 hours ago, singe said:

Most amazing thing in all this. That not one :sauce: has revealed any of the details up to the point of SC revelaing it.

1 hour ago, bozman said:

I don't think he has ever come out and volunteered information before. It's only been him responding to rumours/stories that have managed to gain a bit of traction beyond this message board and be reported in the Chron or other news outlets. And the stock line has been 'we're always talking to people and if/when there is anything concrete to tell the fans we'll let them know'.

As others have pointed out, nobody had a source on this one. He could have kept it quiet if he wanted to.

I was made aware on Saturday evening after asking a :sauce:if he knew who he was. I wouldn't put it on here though for a few reasons (like it'd be obvious where it came from to any eyes watching and wouldn't want to upset my :sauce:.) I'll gladly show the messages off my phone at Blackpool though (be in the Wetherspoons pre-game) - I'll be wearing a carnation ;)  

Edited by boundaryblue80

Can't wait. Bring on the madness. Might only last a year or two but a bit of life before the inevitable settling into League 2 / Conference life.

A side half as good as the one under Dowie for 2 seasons will be better than 10 more years of finishing 17th.

1 minute ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I was made aware on Saturday evening after asking a :sauce:if he knew who he was. I wouldn't put it on here though for a few reasons (like it'd be obvious where it came from to any eyes watching and wouldn't want to upset my :sauce:.) I'll gladly show the messages off my phone at Blackpool though (be in the Wetherspoons pre-game) - I'll be wearing a carnation ;)  

Not doubting people knew, or doubting you, but that it wasnot revealed and kept secret.

Everyone knows who you are anyway! (In a positive way!) :D

2 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Can't wait. Bring on the madness. Might only last a year or two but a bit of life before the inevitable settling into League 2 / Conference life.

A side half as good as the one under Dowie for 2 seasons will be better than 10 more years of finishing 17th.

It amazes me that the same fans who moan pre season is boring and too long are wiling to see the club die for a bit of fun for 2 years or so!

its all preseason all the time when we die.

Just now, palmer1 said:

It amazes me that the same fans who moan pre season is boring and too long are wiling to see the club die for a bit of fun for 2 years or so!

When we die? Did we die last time?

When did a club last die?

We are dying now by the way, a slow terminal, homeless death. While the TTAs own the ground OAFC is worth nothing and will die should the situation arise where Corney goes bust.

3 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Just like I can't stand the way we've be run (akin to Administration), I'd be uncomfortable with millions and millions being invested in a boom or bust way. A model like Burton's/Bournemouths should be what we ideally hope for.

Edited by boundaryblue80

1 minute ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Just like I can't stand the way we've be run (akin to Administration), I'd be uncomfortable with millions and millions being invested in a boom or bust way. A model like Burton's/Bournemouths should be what we ideally hope for.

absolutely! it needs to be invested properly! I want to be coming to BP in 10 to  20 years time even if that means financial stability in league 1 for 5 more years.

9 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

erm yes we died! Oldham Athletic fc no longer exists.

we have new name with a nice year on the end of it and just because previously clubs have been saved doesn't mean it will always happen!

dying? not dead!

Funny sure I can see Boundary Park out the window, still looking like a football ground, and I'm sure someone playing there in blue lost in league 1, again, at the weekend. Must be losing my mind.

10 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

absolutely! it needs to be invested properly! I want to be coming to BP in 10 to  20 years time even if that means financial stability in league 1 for 5 more years.

Given the current set up I cannot see us being in league 1 within the next 2 years. 

5 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Funny sure I can see Boundary Park out the window, still looking like a football ground, and I'm sure someone playing there in blue lost in league 1, again, at the weekend. Must be losing my mind.

Well done at ignoring the fact that we formed again under a different name and new company because the original Oldham Athletic died. A fact you are aware of im sure. We are lucky to still be able to watch our club though but that may not be case if we aren't run correctly by the current or future owners.

4 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Given the current set up I cannot see us being in league 1 within the next 2 years. 

Neither can I and neither can Corney but that wasn't the point. New owners have to run us on a sound and financial footing without risking the clubs future. Who know what happens and were we can go  if we are run correctly

Edited by palmer1

Just now, palmer1 said:

Well done at ignoring the fact that we formed again under a different name and new company because the original Oldham Athletic died. A fact you are aware of im sure. We are lucky to still be able to our club though but not if we aren't run correctly by the current or future owners

Neither can I and neither can Corney but that wasn't the point. New owners have to run us on a sound and financial footing without risking the clubs future. Who know what happens and were we can go  if we are run correctly

We didn't die. We aren't MK Dons. We changed official business names.

I'm happy to gamble on a rollercoaster. Get the ground back in the clubs name and see what happens. 

20 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Really hope so.

At least they are football people.  You can only hope.

Edited by singe

Why do people always assume the worst?  why do people think an investor/owner is always a rogue?  why do people think its always going to be reckless?  why does it have to be some rich blokes play thing for a couple of years until they get bored.

Perhaps a wealthy man is sensible and wants to build something.  

All of the sentences at the top were aimed at the Chelsea owner and all have proved to be incorrect.  Yes there are rogue owners but there are more decent ones and I will be viewing any new owner as a decent and sensible man until proven wrong.  Most wealthy people are intelligent individuals who have proved their worth and manage to accumulate wealth through decent business acumen.

Its a particular British problem, especially in the current climate with opposition leaders trying to divide and conquer, that a high percentage of the population wealthy people are somehow all evil shit houses constantly on the make/take.   I think it has a lot to do with entitlement and envy, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by kowenicki