Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Club statement about using a reserve or 2nd team. Sheridan picks the players nobody else. Sale of club still going through due diligence and EFL have been contacted by S.C. regarding it

But that doesn't fit in with Andy B's matter of fact stance/agenda  that there is no investment? He is so sure and is even saying told you so already....

While I'm a little uncertain as to what it actually signifies (new owner? New investment?) that's a decent statement. Placate fans, allay fears on who picks signings, promote a reserve team. I'm not without wariness - it could be a placeholder for further changes - but it's better quality than much of Latics' PR in recent years.

1 minute ago, Crusoe said:

While I'm a little uncertain as to what it actually signifies (new owner? New investment?) that's a decent statement. Placate fans, allay fears on who picks signings, promote a reserve team. I'm not without wariness - it could be a placeholder for further changes - but it's better quality than much of Latics' PR in recent years.

It clearly states "sale of the club" rather than just investment 

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

It would, yeah. Doesn't have to be announced but the paperwork would need to be completed. Only free agents can be signed between tonight and Jan. 

It does seem to be reported on a few French sites as happening. 

21 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

The investment doesn't need to go through today could be tomorrow but the transfers need to be in today...as mentioned we may back date the loan payments if Corney is confident the deal will happen

I understand the investment doesn't have to be done today, but these loans are until January, and say the investment goes through next month, in January these players will go back, and then this will leave us room in our squad to use the investment to sign new players 

Just now, dannyboy55555 said:

Very honest and positive announcement. I'm sure some will pick it to sh*t mind you.

It is a bit concerning that the manager isn't consenting to transfers.

That said it's positive to hear the club admit to being inactive and putting things in place to be more proactive.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Erm no just asking the question if we might squeeze in another player before the deadline nothingelse.

What did you think I was asking?

Sorry. It just fits nicely into an earlier post/joke. Ignore me. ?

I'm obviously out with the dates, but this deal is as good as done it he's bringing his mates over to make up our development squad.

I still don't expect Sheridan to be here at Christmas and I still don't believe the line about the manager always picking the players...

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It does seem to be reported on a few French sites as happening. 

It could be possible. Paperwork submitted on time and just waiting for confirmations etc. Nothing from the club on it yet though and I would expect them to have said something. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Inevitable.  The negative spin will arrive soon. 

Do you think it's positive that the club haven't disproven the allegation (which seems fairly trustworthy given comments from the manager himself) that Sheridan hasn't consented to all the signings?

It's not black and white...

Just now, NewBlue said:

Do you think it's positive that the club haven't disproven the allegation (which seems fairly trustworthy given comments from the manager himself) that Sheridan hasn't consented to all the signings?

It's not black and white...

Not in the slightest. The future of the club is bigger than any player or manager. 

"Furthermore, Simon has met with the EFL to discuss a possible sale and the league requirements. There are very strict and stringent 'fit and proper' person test that any prospective owner has to pass. Simply put, if the EFL do not give their blessing, no sale can take place."

Sounds like a takeover as opposed to investment to me.  

If we're looking at a development squad too then Abdullah (or whoever he's representing) appears to be here more long-term.  This could have been in discussion prior to his appearance but more than coincidence that it's announced at the same time as the proposed sale whilst Abdullah was at BP today then later London.  

Feel a a lot better than I did earlier today.  Even the influx of foreign triallists could be a way of Abdullah giving Shez access to loads of players for Shez to reject or unearth a gem or too.  

If Queensy is coming and that's the potential then excellent news!

How anyone can say that's not a positive statement after the shite we've had to endure over the past 20 years is beyond me! If it takes a bit longer so what? Do we want to be the next Leyton Orient or Morecambe or even Blackburn?

Archived