Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Not in the slightest. The future of the club is bigger than any player or manager. 

This.  

Love Shez.  However if the new owner (if sale goes through) is funding a development squad playing competitive football to provide a continuous, long-term pipeline of players into the first team then I know who I'm backing.

With regard to our club; This is the best and most positive news I've heard for over 10 years 

Edit - I can't see how Shez can't see this as a positive either.  These signings in this window were his.  The suggestions of unrest by the media are just rumours.  Granted Shez might be disillusioned of the quality of triallists to date but who says Abdullah doesn't feel the same?  They could have been great on continent but struggle in L1 football 

Can but wish the club success in what is  now happening and feel we are on the right tracks for once in a long time .Actually looking forwards to what Shez can do with the deck of cards he now has to hand.

Well I think I can say I told you so.  We are going to get a lorry load of footballers from the 27 to play in our development squad.  They will be trialled in the games against who knows it could be one squad against another and anything worth while either moved up or moved on.  Might work out for us.  Got to be positive.

Not over whelmed by the signing of a 19 year old number 1 goal keeper plus more youngsters and another striker whose scoring has dried up but I hope their youth and our aged will gel and get us out of the hole dug in August.

I think you will find that due diligence takes as long as you want it to.  EFL would not hold up a deal if presented with the information and documentation they need.  Smoke and mirrors I fear.  Nothing but the truth but not the whole truth.

What some are forgetting is we have an entire full team signed up for next season as well.

We have around 8 players injured and Shez has been allowed to sign 3 loanees as replacements.

Shez got his picks, the other players are clearly for the Reserves. Look back, everyone was expected a flood of none Shez singings.

We did not get Connor Ripley, can you imagine the uproar if we'd given up earlier. Placide has a decent pedigree and been around for several weeks now, we know Shez is happy enough with him.

We have a full squad (albeit gaps in quality but who performed well at the end of last season)

So even now, our squad contains only 5 loanees, the lowest for some time.

We'll have plenty of players to come back, and have competition in most positions.

Clearly a sale is close (though it could obviously  falter) but for the second time SC has announced that the sale is imminent, and he always previously made forced rather tan voluntary announcements.

In many clubs, with a sale potentially close, they would not have sanctioned signings.

So for me, it was a much better window than expected.

Singe you are reading things into the statement, probably drawn up with the help of a solicitor, which do not exist.  The 'sale' if it goes through is not envisaged to follow due diligence lasting several months.  I'm not encouraged by the FACT that the Trust were not informed of what has been going on.

It beggars belief that SC had not produced a dossier of all the necessary information and supporting documentation given his desire for some time to sell.  It beggars belief that he was not aware of the requirements of the EFL 'fit and proper' test but then it does not say when in the past he met with the EFL.

The "Having said that" start of the penultimate paragraph suggests to me that John Sheridan did not get the three or four players he wanted.  He did get the three youngsters and another 'striker' - lets hope they are what we need.  We will have a better idea come 5 o'clock Saturday.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I understand the investment doesn't have to be done today, but these loans are until January, and say the investment goes through next month, in January these players will go back, and then this will leave us room in our squad to use the investment to sign new players 

Won't it leave us room in the squad to use the development squad players? 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

It clearly states "sale of the club" rather than just investment 

Is there a dreamworld in which, "investment," means a bloke giving the club money to buy players for a laugh?  He's surely giving Corney money for some reason in order to make more money for himself.

Is it possible that sheridan has been told to crack on till janury by the 'possible' new owner and his brief is simply to turn things around? 

At least Sheridan will feel he has got a fair chance to right the shocker of a month...if he does enough maybe he will be kept on. If we continue to struggle understandably the new owner will get a new face in.

7 hours ago, Hands on said:

Well I think I can say I told you so.  We are going to get a lorry load of footballers from the 27 to play in our development squad.  They will be trialled in the games against who knows it could be one squad against another and anything worth while either moved up or moved on.  Might work out for us.  Got to be positive.

Not over whelmed by the signing of a 19 year old number 1 goal keeper plus more youngsters and another striker whose scoring has dried up but I hope their youth and our aged will gel and get us out of the hole dug in August.

I think you will find that due diligence takes as long as you want it to.  EFL would not hold up a deal if presented with the information and documentation they need.  Smoke and mirrors I fear.  Nothing but the truth but not the whole truth.

You really like a conspiracy don't you? 

I work for a global FMCG (so a pretty sophisticated business vs OAFC) and things that conceivably should take no time to draw up/contract/agree drag on for weeks and months. Not everyone has the foresight to see every hurdle in front of them and every club will be unique in its sale/operations/set up/assets etc to the EFL. 

Im all for calling out the club when things seem wrong, but for once can we not all try and support what is clearly positive news?! 

Corney would not want to deal with the shit storm that would come from fans if this deal would now fall through so the fact he has referenced it twice is enough for me to believe it's almost over the line. 

P.s The Earth isn't flat

On reflection all seemed a bit 'meh' yesterday. 

Doyle on paper is just what we need, a lively striker with genuine movement, that movement generally towards the item with the net hanging off it, but knowing Latics (putting my pessimistic hat on) we might kill his career and he could join the endless number of strikers in the graveyard that must be eating into Brassbanks land around BP.

Young lad from City happy to see what he brings, youthful exuberance, maybe add a bit of pace, lad from Wigan seems to be a good player from most accounts so happy to see what he does. The keepers never heard of either but i had also never heard of Ripley, can't be worse that this Wilson fella so will do for me.

Looks like we could be in a scrappy, try and keep up with the shit teams situation till January if being honest, still think we are missing a bit, and if the takeover happens we can start a new thread for January and everyone can get their 'contacts' at the ready again. 

8 hours ago, kowenicki said:

It does seem to be reported on a few French sites as happening. 

His wiki page looks a little weird now, but if you link through to FC Nantes it shows this, make of it what we will, also interesting that their manager is Claudio Ranieri

IMG_2223.PNG

The way I see it, talks of a takeover have slightly skewed some people’s opinions on this transfer window.

If this was the end of January for example, and Shez had signed these players to help push us up the league I think there would be a unanimous agreement that these players might just do well.

Byrne, Bryan and Doyle are similar to the signings Shez has made in the last couple of years, we trusted his judgment then and they turned out very well.

Most importantly for me though, these are clearly Shez signings, where yesterday morning it looked like our only incomings would be French third division players with it completely out of the managers hands.

Obviously the takeover talks are still going on in the background, but hopefully there has been an end to the madness for now, the new players can come in and make a difference and we can start winning games.

Yep, happy with yesterday.

Two new keepers that come with potential, a striker that (gasp) scores goals and the introduction of a reserve team, which Shez has always been an advocate of.

Time to crack on - just annoying that we're playing catch-up.  Again.

I doth my cap to a tactian of some skill......he planted the seed last week and watched it all explode on all fronts. He now has a better idea of the following.

how the trust reacted

how the fans react to the news of investment/take over

his level of support 

level of support for the manager

level of support for the club/players

where some sources come from

there are still hoops to get through, is this chap an agent only so who owns the purse strings? Will they pass all the true and proper tests? The players that come through any gems then who gets the money back corney/the money people/club.

however in the meantime, let's get what we can....a reserve team is a start 

7 minutes ago, underdog said:

I doth my cap to a tactian of some skill......he planted the seed last week and watched it all explode on all fronts. He now has a better idea of the following.

how the trust reacted

how the fans react to the news of investment/take over

his level of support 

level of support for the manager

level of support for the club/players

where some sources come from

there are still hoops to get through, is this chap an agent only so who owns the purse strings? Will they pass all the true and proper tests? The players that come through any gems then who gets the money back corney/the money people/club.

however in the meantime, let's get what we can....a reserve team is a start 

Is this necessarily a bad thing?

If it means we re-group and start moving forward, I don't have a problem with it.

Would like to see the coaches thing sorted, are they staying or going? 

Who will this reserve side play against?

Players need to knuckle down now, been a distinct lack of effort and harmony for the most part, understandable to a degree but the excuses seem to have been cleared for the time being.

Archived