Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

10 hours ago, Hands on said:

Singe you are reading things into the statement, probably drawn up with the help of a solicitor, which do not exist.  The 'sale' if it goes through is not envisaged to follow due diligence lasting several months.  I'm not encouraged by the FACT that the Trust were not informed of what has been going on.

It beggars belief that SC had not produced a dossier of all the necessary information and supporting documentation given his desire for some time to sell.  It beggars belief that he was not aware of the requirements of the EFL 'fit and proper' test but then it does not say when in the past he met with the EFL.

The "Having said that" start of the penultimate paragraph suggests to me that John Sheridan did not get the three or four players he wanted.  He did get the three youngsters and another 'striker' - lets hope they are what we need.  We will have a better idea come 5 o'clock Saturday.

Drafted by a solicitor? Behave. Nothing like it.

Agree 100% about the Trust not being involved, may have his reasons but poor  EDIT actually I think it's wrong, that it was not informed . Not defending that at all.

Your guessing that he has not had a dossier created, but if someone is serious then they will know a lot of what goes into a dossier anyway. 

Where on earth does it say he is not aware of EFL rules, you are reading stuff into it now. It's basically waiting for them.  The EFL is not known for its expediency, especially in the holiday period, during deadline week and on the back of a Bank Holiday week. 

You're reading things, again, into the having said that comment. 

Agree like 100% about the quality, but basically a freshenup for the injured players,  with some quality. 

Agree we'll see, but how many times have we signed pedigree players and it not work out, there are no guarantees. 

Some of us didn't think Shez was going to be forced to sign players against his will, and the window and statement supports that. It sets it up for the annual freshen up in January 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that it can take time to agree the sale of a business.  What I said and stand by is that it should not, once the terms of a sale are agreed, take time to do the due diligence.  The purpose of due diligence in these circumstances is for the buyer to ensure that the seller is selling what he says he is and is in a position to make the sale no more no less.  If the seller makes a full. complete and correct disclosure backed by appropriate documentation of what he is selling it is a simple matter for solicitors and accountants to undertake the due diligence.  If however that is not the case.....................

Read the statement again and you might see how carefully it has been written.

10 hours ago, mickjagger said:

So a definite sale if it is to happen, reserve side will be the doing of the prospective buyer and my assumption would be they will funding it whilst the sale is concluded. 

That's what I was thinking , a reserve team, packed with foreign free agent trialists , till the sale can be completed.

34 minutes ago, Hands on said:

I agree that it can take time to agree the sale of a business.  What I said and stand by is that it should not, once the terms of a sale are agreed, take time to do the due diligence.  The purpose of due diligence in these circumstances is for the buyer to ensure that the seller is selling what he says he is and is in a position to make the sale no more no less.  If the seller makes a full. complete and correct disclosure backed by appropriate documentation of what he is selling it is a simple matter for solicitors and accountants to undertake the due diligence.  If however that is not the case.....................

A few more hoops to jump through in this scenario though aren't there? This isn't just a matter for a buyer and a seller, there are other parties/bodies to satisfy. 

I can only imagine its a complex agreement that may be flirting with the boundaries of legislation, (given the only name we have is an agent which we know is against EFL rules/permissions).

So just to clarify nobody knew of a potential takeover?  nobody broke the news first? Nobody was told about it by their 'source' except for maybe 2 saying they were told to keep it quiet (mentioned after the event obviously as we know everyone keeps secrets well)

Now some have a source telling them that Shez isn't buying his own players. Nobody been told to keep this a secret? funny that!

For those 'reading between the lines' when it comes to information they think they know about the club. If you look for only bad things that's what you will see.

2 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

So just to clarify nobody knew of a potential takeover?  nobody broke the news first? Nobody was told about it by their 'source' except for maybe 2 saying they were told to keep it quiet (mentioned after the event obviously as we know everyone keeps secrets well)

Now some have a source telling them that Shez isn't buying his own players. Nobody been told to keep this a secret? funny that!

For those 'reading between the lines' when it comes to information they think they know about the club. If you look for only bad things that's what you will see.

Nail on head.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Would like to see the coaches thing sorted, are they staying or going?

I was thinking of starting a thread o this issue after the next game.

IS Shez distracted by his court battle and is SC distracted by investment / takeover and if so can we blame the slow start to the season on those issues and if so are the coaches up to the job?

7 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Yep. Probably the most clearly worded statement the club has released in years and some people are still pretending it might mean different things to what the actual words say. :lol:

9 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

You really can’t handle the thought that people might just know things you don’t, can you?

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

Sorry but thats rubbish.  I have spent enough time in my career locked in data rooms, physical and virtual, to know that due diligence can take a very long time, and that is from a buying and selling perspective. 

There is also the,  believe it if you will, Corney's oft stated insistence that he will only sell to a suitable buyer so that makes it a two way process and therefore more time consuming

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

It's not like buying a house.

39 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Shez isn't responsible for all these French lads that are coming in. Nor is he responsible for Duffus, Placide or Hunt...

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

Yep, happy with yesterday.

Two new keepers that come with potential, a striker that (gasp) scores goals and the introduction of a reserve team, which Shez has always been an advocate of.

Time to crack on - just annoying that we're playing catch-up.  Again.

This sums up my thoughts precisely. We have wasted a month of the season but some are wetting themselves over our (loan) signings 

30 minutes ago, dec666 said:

You really can’t handle the thought that people might just know things you don’t, can you?

To be fair, as I  said elsewhere, you normally get snippets here there and everywhere that someone pieces together, or afterwards become obvious. But in terms of this possible takeover and now the transfer window there as been nothing or it's been well wide of the mark. Unusually so, though.

3 hours ago, JoeP said:

Yep, happy with yesterday.

Two new keepers that come with potential, a striker that (gasp) scores goals and the introduction of a reserve team, which Shez has always been an advocate of.

Time to crack on - just annoying that we're playing catch-up.  Again.

Playing Devils Advocate, but I could flip that and say a keeper that has played one first team game in his whole career, a keeper that Sheridan himself has said he doesn't fancy as a Number One (in Chron last week), a midfielder that started 6 games for Bury last season - they lost them all and a striker that had a hot streak in 2014 and scored 2 in 12 in League Two last season...

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Playing Devils Advocate, but I could flip that and say a keeper that has played one first team game in his whole career, a keeper that Sheridan himself has said he doesn't fancy as a Number One (in Chron last week), a midfielder that started 6 games for Bury last season - they lost them all and a striker that had a hot strike in 2014 and scored 2 in 12 in League Two last season...

Yet someone on Twitter said last night "anyone not happy with todays business needs to give their head a wobble". Which echoed the sentiments of many others.... 

1 hour ago, palmer1 said:

Not sure Richie Wellens would know about the takeover but he would know if Shez wanted some of the signings we have made.

Archived