Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Yet someone on Twitter said last night "anyone not happy with todays business needs to give their head a wobble". Which echoed the sentiments of many others.... 

Quite happy with it, but people are making out like we've signed some superstars. We haven't...

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Playing Devils Advocate, but I could flip that and say a keeper that has played one first team game in his whole career, a keeper that Sheridan himself has said he doesn't fancy as a Number One (in Chron last week), a midfielder that started 6 games for Bury last season - they lost them all and a striker that had a hot streak in 2014 and scored 2 in 12 in League Two last season...

Yep, all fair points. I'm taking the glass half full approach, though.

The striker still has a better record than any of our current strikers (apart from Davies, maybe?) and Connor Ripley hadn't played much league football before last season!

(Got nothing in answer to the keeper Shez doesn't fancy or the Bury midfielder, though!).

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Yep, all fair points. I'm taking the glass half full approach, though.

The striker still has a better record than any of our current strikers (apart from Davies, maybe?) and Connor Ripley hadn't played much league football before last season!

(Got nothing in answer to the keeper Shez doesn't fancy or the Bury midfielder, though!).

Playing devils advocate to the original devils advocate let's wait until 5pm tomorrow before making a judgement of any description.

22 hours ago, Andy-latic said:

Anyone else heard the rumour Utah Jazz are pumping abit of money in? They want a platform to promote their club and merchandise in the North of England, apparently it's a joint project along with the English Basketball Association to entice football fans into watching/playing basketball, interesting times.

Surely bollocks.

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Are we giving this thread a break at least until we have lost today?

Shhhhhhh.....the rumour is we might win, yes the sadist in me is ever hopeful but what do I  know. Normal service will probably resume at 4.45pm give or take

I am however concerned in that I may lose my capacity of celebrating a latics goal. Last season when we went through a barren spell it was like a crowd delayed reaction when it did go in.

A Shot on target and stretching their GK a bit might help

well at least it's not raining....yet

Archived