Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

2 hours ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

I heard Roy saying new guy putting money into stand and bringing  players over  for a development team just like manchester city have

If I was putting money in I'd want to sit down. 

(Sorry Andy) 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, mickjagger said:

Did anybody listen????/

Yeah. He said very little. He actually seemed uncomfortable answering questions on it. 

The only thing of note I think was on timing. He said it wouldn't take months to go through but it wouldn't be sorted in a few days either. On that basis I assume we're talking about a few weeks.

1 hour ago, bozman said:

Yeah. He said very little. He actually seemed uncomfortable answering questions on it. 

The only thing of note I think was on timing. He said it wouldn't take months to go through but it wouldn't be sorted in a few days either. On that basis I assume we're talking about a few weeks.

Did he say what was for sale? Corneys shares all or some? Or land and buildings?

cheers

He did confirm the name of abdullah L when pressed. He did sound guarded and a little uncomfortable, probably understandable in the circumstances.

Let's hope there can be a much more open conversation in the next couple of months or so ?

14 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Tracey this will end up as a(nother) third party loan and with us having a reserve team outside of any league, nothing more, nothing less.

The way it's going the reserve league will be in France.

28 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Tracey this will end up as a(nother) third party loan and with us having a reserve team outside of any league, nothing more, nothing less.

Tend to agree with you here, can't help but thinking it's all been a fuss about nothing and the only real change may be a new director on the board whose throwing a few quid in hoping for a return.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Tend to agree with you here, can't help but thinking it's all been a fuss about nothing and the only real change may be a new director on the board whose throwing a few quid in hoping for a return.

Why would we need to contact EFL for fit and proper review for this? 

3 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

That's what the Trust believe too, maybe not so much loan but a selling on of the 97% shares Corney has. Just want to see if MM had let anything slip

2 hours ago, Fruitygoo said:

Why would we need to contact EFL for fit and proper review for this? 

It's the money trail in my mind and who is funding the investment/share buying. Legitimate source of cash?

If it is a third party model and Abdullah is an agent only then the EFL /FA  fit an proper testing as well as the clubs own articles of association, and I presume companies house stuff too. But then again people have mention Watford and Port vale I think, have tied or done something similar

theres also the train of thought that any players brought in under the new set up and are sold on...who bags the money? Agent/corney/money men?....I have a feeling not our club.

it's going to take a bit of time to pull all this together and boxes to be ticked off, dare I say due dilligence.

in the meantime, if we can get a reserve team out of it to help our current squad get back to fitness/dropped to prove your self/youth to step up. Then let's take advantage. We are not going to no more until corney tells us.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Be nice when the existing Directors here about it.

Archived