Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, leeslover said:

The Trust rep is a full, legal board member 

who finds himself currently excluded whenever it suits.

How any poster can believe that this is in order completely baffles me.

No he shouldnt know the shoe size of Abdallah and his mates etc but he should at least know what the deal constitutes or could constitute.

Whether he tells me is not relevant but at least he should know what could be on the table.

The trust gave a lot of money for basically a non voting 3% share in good faith. That shouldnt ever be forgotten

2 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Oh It's almost guaranteed the EFL will say no BUT as ROY said  while doing his commentary the new guy is putting money into the stand now i doubt that be the new stand especially with the workings going on also setting up a development team why put all this money in now if its not gone through  

It will be the new stand obviously. The money could be translated into a loan quite easily, if they have to do it that way.

It will simply be a matter of sorting out different paperwork

1 minute ago, ChaddySmoker said:

It will be the new stand obviously. The money could be translated into a loan quite easily, if they have to do it that way.

It will simply be a matter of sorting out different paperwork

he said this stand implying the one they were commentating in which is shit also didn't someone mention scaffolding up some work being done?

17 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

he said this stand implying the one they were commentating in which is shit also didn't someone mention scaffolding up some work being done?

Needs a new main stand, the current one is falling apart. 

25 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Well I hope not.

We cant be playing in a ground owned by someone else in front of a stand owned by someone else opposite another stand owned by somebody else again. I am going dizzy just describing it

45 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Scaffold up on chaddy room assuming its getting repainted

Just listening to the snippet of the Mark Moisley interview that Radio Manchester have tweeted, and when asked to confirm the name of the investor he doesn't exactly. He just confirms that the money is coming from Dubai. The more I look at what Abdallah Lemsagam's company does I'm getting more convinced he's just brokering the deal.

If this is the case it makes the fact he's an agent buying a football club irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, ghostofcecere said:

Just listening to the snippet of the Mark Moisley interview that Radio Manchester have tweeted, and when asked to confirm the name of the investor he doesn't exactly. He just confirms that the money is coming from Dubai. The more I look at what Abdallah Lemsagam's company does I'm getting more convinced he's just brokering the deal.

If this is the case it makes the fact he's an agent buying a football club irrelevant. 

That does sound like the sensible assumption. 

Article on the BBC website based largely on Moisley's Radio Manchester interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41147622

This paragraph stands out:

" Football Association regulations state an authorised agent can't have a stake larger than 5% in a football club but are allowed to as long as they do not act in contract negotiations that involve the club while holding their stake. "

Doesn't read particularly well but sounds like they are saying he can own a stake in the club as long as his agency deals don't involve the club.

4 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

He wouldn't say who the new owner/investor was, but when the interviewer said it's Abdallah Lemsagam isn't it. Moisley says "well pronounced yes it is"

42 minutes ago, bozman said:

Article on the BBC website based largely on Moisley's Radio Manchester interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41147622

This paragraph stands out:

" Football Association regulations state an authorised agent can't have a stake larger than 5% in a football club but are allowed to as long as they do not act in contract negotiations that involve the club while holding their stake. "

Doesn't read particularly well but sounds like they are saying he can own a stake in the club as long as his agency deals don't involve the club.

Yeah they can own 5% maximum but their agency cannot broker incoming or outgoing deals.  However there's ways around this with who's owning the shares and Abdullah may be only representing the purchaser.

5% equates to £450,000 if you take the suggested £9m asking price....lower obviously if that price is lower.  Not a huge amount when then talking funding of development squad, new stand etc.

Will be underwhelmed if not a takeover.  We need a takeover just to inject some excitement and long-term into the club.

4 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Yeah they can own 5% maximum but their agency cannot broker incoming or outgoing deals.  However there's ways around this with who's owning the shares and Abdullah may be only representing the purchaser.

5% equates to £450,000 if you take the suggested £9m asking price....lower obviously if that price is lower.  Not a huge amount when then talking funding of development squad, new stand etc.

Will be underwhelmed if not a takeover.  We need a takeover just to inject some excitement and long-term into the club.

That explains it better - thanks.

I'd misunderstood what the article was  saying. I thought it was suggesting that they could own any percentage as long as the agency is not involved in brokering deals.

36 minutes ago, bozman said:

That explains it better - thanks.

I'd misunderstood what the article was  saying. I thought it was suggesting that they could own any percentage as long as the agency is not involved in brokering deals.

They cant broker any deal if they own or partially own the club.  

However there's ways around this as we all know although we cannot prove it 

6 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

who finds himself currently excluded whenever it suits.

How any poster can believe that this is in order completely baffles me.

No he shouldnt know the shoe size of Abdallah and his mates etc but he should at least know what the deal constitutes or could constitute.

Whether he tells me is not relevant but at least he should know what could be on the table.

The trust gave a lot of money for basically a non voting 3% share in good faith. That shouldnt ever be forgotten

Might have imagined this, but when Barry Owen stopped being the Trust rep on the board (and started just being on the board..), wasn't there some complication whereby legally the club didn't have to honour the Trust's place on the board?

Obviously they did, like...

8 hours ago, Clifford said:

Daft question alert: Has the trust asked Mr Corney or whoever what is happening or are they just sat looking at the phone like a lonely widow?

Not a daft question at all, but let's just say...there are so many times you can ask nicely for information then you have ask again and this time, confirm what you are legally entitled to know. The asking bit would be Simon Brooke in his role as board director of OAFC.

its those types of " asking for what your legally entitled to know..." That's causing the strained  relationship we have at the moment.

6 hours ago, Clifford said:

From within the club I believe the chaddy end is the next stand earmarked for development. I would imagine we are a whole world away from that actually happening.

Although if they reduce the footprint of the Chaddy End sufficiently then they may be able to build a dozen more houses

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Might have imagined this, but when Barry Owen stopped being the Trust rep on the board (and started just being on the board..), wasn't there some complication whereby legally the club didn't have to honour the Trust's place on the board?

Obviously they did, like...

I know Leeslover and Jorvik will explain this better...but here goes.

Barry resigned as Trust represented on the board due to a conflict of interest with another position offered to him as a director in his own right. This meant the position onthe board was open. Simon Brooke who served on the Trust board at time submitted his interested in stepping up/in so to speak, and the trust board voted on this and he was accepted, we then followed protocol and advised corney/club of the official change and then the board of OAFC had to approve/accept/recognised Simon Brooke as the Trust representative on the board of OAFC.  So yes you are right, the board of OAFC had to approve Simon Brooke. They accepted and The change was then noted at companies house.

The resignation does not mean the shares was lost.

hope this makes sense I tend to waffle

On 2 September 2017 at 3:10 PM, Andy Perimeter West said:

I heard Roy saying new guy putting money into the stand and bringing  players over  for a development team just like manchester city have

Could you have mis-heard? The stands, land, buildings don't belong to Corney but our landlords

Archived