Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

4 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Yeah they can own 5% maximum but their agency cannot broker incoming or outgoing deals.  However there's ways around this with who's owning the shares and Abdullah may be only representing the purchaser.

5% equates to £450,000 if you take the suggested £9m asking price....lower obviously if that price is lower.  Not a huge amount when then talking funding of development squad, new stand etc.

Will be underwhelmed if not a takeover.  We need a takeover just to inject some excitement and long-term into the club.

Interesting seeing the figures that way. I must admit I have no idea what the club is up for sale for, but like you said, if it's valued for less then the 5% maximum money invested would be less too. Thanks

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a wonder to behold the lack of understanding on this message board.

It has been confirmed that the Trust has not been informed of any sale.  As the Trust has a director on the board we can assume that the matter has not been discussed at a Board meeting.  The existence of the Trust does not mean that we should get a disclosure but I think the Trust should be kept up to speed but nothing more than we have.

Without doubt there have been references to a sale.  Without doubt someone who has been looking to sell for some time would have made sure he is in a position to sell and what steps are necessary to complete the sale.

My recollection is that Corney only has an interest through his shareholding and employment in the football club he does not have an interest in the property/land/Brass Bank etc.  Said football club only has one real asset and that is membership of the football league.  How the great white elephant North Stand has been funded is rather obscure but there are suggestions that the football club has most of the debt as well as a lease.  If this is the case the football club is not just worth a little it is worthless and only allowed to continue trading because B & G are not going to ask for their £6m back until, it is said, we gain promotion to the Premiership.

I stand by the statement that due diligence is straightforward if there is complete disclosure.  This is only a football club.  The complications are that the stadium and surrounding land are not owned by the football club or Corney even though the football club does have an interest in the stadium.  If there is delay in selling the football club the problem lies with a failure to agree the terms of sale, the buyer thinking again or the seller failing to make a complete disclosure which would have been discovered when undertaking due diligence so back to the negotiations.

My hunch is that there is delay with the EFL because they have realised this is not simply a rich Arab dabbling with a football club toy but rather something a bit more complicated.

11 hours ago, underdog said:

Not a daft question at all, but let's just say...there are so many times you can ask nicely for information then you have ask again and this time, confirm what you are legally entitled to know. The asking bit would be Simon Brooke in his role as board director of OAFC.

its those types of " asking for what your legally entitled to know..." That's causing the strained  relationship we have at the moment.

I'm reading that as 'no we've not asked due to being ignored before'. 

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

I'm reading that as 'no we've not asked due to being ignored before'. 

Your trust rep does not need to be asked. He has a legal entitlement to know as his role as board director of OAFC. As of yet as that board member has not been advised.

Until corney tells the OAFC board of what the deal is and yes, I agree it's his deal, then it remains unconfirmed

Is the ownership of the club simply 97% to Corney and 3% to the Trust?  Do any of the other directors own shares?

To be honest I've lost track of who the board members are - is it still Corney, Brooke, Moisley, Gee, Hill and Owen?

I'm just surprised that the details of any potential sale hasn't been discussed at board level.  Moisley appears to know, which makes me think it has but Brooke has to keep certain matter confidential despite being the Trust Rep.

Until the EFL authorise its all rumour but some questions will need clarifying once authorised -

1. Is it only the sale of the club with Brassbank still owning the stadium/land?

2. If only the club, what % of Corney's 97% is being sold?

3. What is the club receiving in return especially on the playing side?

4. If a controlling share, what are the short and long term plans for our new owner?

Roy suggesting a new stand that implies new owners could be buying out Brassbank.  I just don't see any major assets solely in the club so purchasing any of the 97% is just expenditure especially if the new investor is being asked to buy players or pay wages and invest in the development squad.  All speculation without any immediate accumulation.

So why invest?

45 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Is the ownership of the club simply 97% to Corney and 3% to the Trust?  Do any of the other directors own shares?

To be honest I've lost track of who the board members are - is it still Corney, Brooke, Moisley, Gee, Hill and Owen?

I'm just surprised that the details of any potential sale hasn't been discussed at board level.  Moisley appears to know, which makes me think it has but Brooke has to keep certain matter confidential despite being the Trust Rep.

Until the EFL authorise its all rumour but some questions will need clarifying once authorised -

1. Is it only the sale of the club with Brassbank still owning the stadium/land?

4. If a controlling share, what are the short and long term plans for our new owner?

Roy suggesting a new stand that implies new owners could be buying out Brassbank.  I just don't see any major assets solely in the club so purchasing any of the 97% is just expenditure especially if the new investor is being asked to buy players or pay wages and invest in the development squad.  All speculation without any immediate accumulation.

So why invest?

Roy suggesting a new stand that implies new owners could be buying out Brassbank.

Not wanting to scroll through 50 posts...which is the stand in question?

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

So why invest?

Just on the first point, no other directors own shares in the club. Boardroom votes are on the basis of one per member though 

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

So why invest?

Moisley is not listed as a director.

1. This is a key question. Would Blitz and Gazal be prepared to sell only a percentage of the stadium/land?

2. Corney selling a percentage of just the club's shares wouldn't cost that much!

I presume any 'new stand' would be an eventual replacement for the Chaddy. (By the way the new houses have been built very close to the back of the stand. How difficult would it be to re-develop?)

3 hours ago, underdog said:

Your trust rep does not need to be asked. He has a legal entitlement to know as his role as board director of OAFC. As of yet as that board member has not been advised.

Until corney tells the OAFC board of what the deal is and yes, I agree it's his deal, then it remains unconfirmed

So the trust has not asked? Are you both sulking with each other? The trust should be big enough to ask, yes you should be told directly but you haven't so should be big enough to ask. Grown adults.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/ex-rangers-chairman-craig-whyte-disqualified-as-a-director-for-15-years

"Mr Whyte bought a much-loved club, and promised fans that he would provide further cash to bring success. However, he caused the club to use this money to fund the purchase of its own shares, reducing funds for investment. He also failed to consult other directors on important decisions meaning that his behaviour went unchallenged.

Such blatant lack of regard for proper corporate behaviour and control does not have a place in modern society.

Directors have a clear, statutory duty to ensure that their companies are run properly, for the benefit of the creditors, shareholders and, in this case, fans who believed in him."

13 hours ago, Hands on said:

It is a wonder to behold the lack of understanding on this message board.

It's a bit odd that you say that there is a lack of understanding then spend the rest of a sizeable post speculating and having hunches!

1 hour ago, youngen said:

Not reading through all 50 pages, so can I just ask why we have decided on a White Elephant and not a blue one?

Can we go retro and have a Tangerine one?

I thought about a pink elephant but that conjured up an image of Sean Gregan!!!

29 minutes ago, real said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/ex-rangers-chairman-craig-whyte-disqualified-as-a-director-for-15-years

"Mr Whyte bought a much-loved club, and promised fans that he would provide further cash to bring success. However, he caused the club to use this money to fund the purchase of its own shares, reducing funds for investment. He also failed to consult other directors on important decisions meaning that his behaviour went unchallenged.

Such blatant lack of regard for proper corporate behaviour and control does not have a place in modern society.

Directors have a clear, statutory duty to ensure that their companies are run properly, for the benefit of the creditors, shareholders and, in this case, fans who believed in him."

Cheers real, I knew there was a Scottish club who's trust was slated for not being more proactive in pressing their owners on the running of the business before it got to such a financial mess, was unsure if it was rangers or another one.

l

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Cheers real, I knew there was a Scottish club who's trust was slated for not being more proactive in pressing their owners on the running of the business before it got to such a financial mess, was unsure if it was rangers or another one.

l

Apples and oranges. Whyte was in charge for less than a year and behaved appalingly from day one, resulting in administration for Rangers within a very short time frame. 

10 minutes ago, singe said:

Who is going to mention the elephant in the room?

Hold on a minute......

Why has Latics got an elephant?

Is it African or Indian?

Which room is it in?

Has it got an agent?

Has it had a sh*t yet?

Is it a triallist?

Has it got international clearance?

So many questions unanswered!!!

Archived