Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Article today by Henry Winter the Chief Football Writer in The Times doesn't give any comfort in the 'fit and proper' testing by the FA of New Investors in Football Clubs

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjn_M6mtY7WAhXKI8AKHRkgA5QQFggsMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhypervocal.com%2Fitems%2F1190971&usg=AFQjCNGpFxKH6FmOHgHtYeRQtAJ5FQOykw

:unsure:

5 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Article today by Henry Winter the Chief Football Writer in The Times doesn't give any comfort in the 'fit and proper' testing by the FA of New Investors in Football Clubs

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjn_M6mtY7WAhXKI8AKHRkgA5QQFggsMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhypervocal.com%2Fitems%2F1190971&usg=AFQjCNGpFxKH6FmOHgHtYeRQtAJ5FQOykw

:unsure:

The Fit & Proper test can't weed out people who subsequently turn out as they do - Bechetti at Orient probably the best example

30 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The Fit & Proper test can't weed out people who subsequently turn out as they do - Bechetti at Orient probably the best example

We're totally in the hands of our Chairman

18 hours ago, Hands on said:

It is a wonder to behold the lack of understanding on this message board.

It has been confirmed that the Trust has not been informed of any sale.  As the Trust has a director on the board we can assume that the matter has not been discussed at a Board meeting.  The existence of the Trust does not mean that we should get a disclosure but I think the Trust should be kept up to speed but nothing more than we have.

Without doubt there have been references to a sale.  Without doubt someone who has been looking to sell for some time would have made sure he is in a position to sell and what steps are necessary to complete the sale.

My recollection is that Corney only has an interest through his shareholding and employment in the football club he does not have an interest in the property/land/Brass Bank etc.  Said football club only has one real asset and that is membership of the football league.  How the great white elephant North Stand has been funded is rather obscure but there are suggestions that the football club has most of the debt as well as a lease.  If this is the case the football club is not just worth a little it is worthless and only allowed to continue trading because B & G are not going to ask for their £6m back until, it is said, we gain promotion to the Premiership.

I stand by the statement that due diligence is straightforward if there is complete disclosure.  This is only a football club.  The complications are that the stadium and surrounding land are not owned by the football club or Corney even though the football club does have an interest in the stadium.  If there is delay in selling the football club the problem lies with a failure to agree the terms of sale, the buyer thinking again or the seller failing to make a complete disclosure which would have been discovered when undertaking due diligence so back to the negotiations.

My hunch is that there is delay with the EFL because they have realised this is not simply a rich Arab dabbling with a football club toy but rather something a bit more complicated.

If this is he case and I'm sure you are correct, then no-one in their right mind would by it. Nor would they fork out to build a stand on land they don't own. More income could be brought into the club via the OEC, decreasing the FFP restrictions on us. So I am guessing that the whole lot is either being sold or partially sold. Hence the time being taken on due diligence.

Nobody but the chairman knows what is going on. 

Nobody but the chairman knows what is on the table for sale or on offer from a buyer. 

Everyone is guessing.

I'm comfortable that he isn't a total crook or lacking in morals and will therefore do the best that he can in any deal for OAFC, whilst at the same time doing the best he can do for himself.  I'd expect nothing more for the club and wouldn't ask him to do any less for himself. 

What is the point in the trust if they are not even arsed enough to ask the chairman what is going on with this takeover? How is that representing the views or concerns of the fans? The same fans who paid for the 3% shares.

Having a free ticket and a butty at every home game does come with some responsibility. 

51 minutes ago, Clifford said:

What is the point in the trust if they are not even arsed enough to ask the chairman what is going on with this takeover? How is that representing the views or concerns of the fans? The same fans who paid for the 3% shares.

Having a free ticket and a butty at every home game does come with some responsibility. 

Sorry to piss on your chips but Simon is always trying to ask Corney what's going on. Also that we all buy our own tickets and don't get fed. 

That responsibility is dealt with using voluntary time and often at not insignificant costs to the individual directors. 

Just now, jorvik_latic said:

Sorry to piss on your chips but Simon is always trying to ask Corney what's going on. Also that we all buy our own tickets and don't get fed. 

Does Simon the official board member pay in?

So can the trust confirm, no one has despite being asking a few times on here, that they have asked the chairman what is going on and been ignored?

2 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Does Simon the official board member pay in?

So can the trust confirm, no one has despite being asking a few times on here, that they have asked the chairman what is going on and been ignored?

He has a season ticket, yes. 

I've just confirmed that in what you have quoted?? :huh:

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Wonder how many of those who paid for shares actually still go to games?

Just now, jorvik_latic said:

He has a season ticket, yes. 

I've just confirmed that in what you have quoted?? :huh:

So the trust have actually asked the question and been ignored? That is news it's just you've said Simon is always trying to ask Corney what's going on. If I text you, email you or directly ask you a question I have asked you a question I am not trying to ask you. 

I'll presume he has made direct contact with Corney rather than hoping to bump into him.

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Trust directors get a free ticket and a butty at every home game? I'm gonna have fucking murder with Leeslover when I get home.

14 minutes ago, Clifford said:

So the trust have actually asked the question and been ignored? That is news it's just you've said Simon is always trying to ask Corney what's going on. If I text you, email you or directly ask you a question I have asked you a question I am not trying to ask you. 

I'll presume he has made direct contact with Corney rather than hoping to bump into him.

No need to presume... Jorvik has confirmed the case above. Stop being an arse. 

3 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

I need to presume... Jorvik has confirmed the case above. Stop being an arse. 

Who put 10p in you? I am sure 'Jorvik' can look after himself but what a sweet thing to do.

If someone confirms that Simon B has emailed Corney directly or spoken to him directly and been fobbed off fair enough. Otherwise it is fair to question how hard the trusts / fans rep on the board is trying to get us some answers.

Just now, Clifford said:

Who put 10p in you? I am sure 'Jorvik' can look after himself but what a sweet thing to do.

If someone confirms that Simon B has emailed Corney directly or spoken to him directly and been fobbed off fair enough. Otherwise it is fair to question how hard the trusts / fans rep on the board is trying to get us some answers.

Is it not clear to see that Simon has been asking Corney many questions hence why they've not had a particularly easy relationship in comparison to the one beforehand where Barry was Corneys yes man...? 

Just now, MAC0AFC said:

Is it not clear to see that Simon has been asking Corney many questions hence why they've not had a particularly easy relationship in comparison to the one beforehand where Barry was Corneys yes man...? 

I'm not interested in any other issue the Trust have had with Corney or what responses were given. I am talking about the potential take over, nothing else.

58 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Simon Brooke has been actively contacting Corney to get answers on the investment (amongst other things as part of his unpaid directorship of the club). Is that clear enough for you? 

Archived