Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Exactly my point. If they fail it's no deal. If they pass it's a deal and the trust can't do a thing to stop it even if they hate the buyers and everything they stand for. 

So... in an era of fit and proper... why is it important for you to be aware of the detail of the deal?

Im only assuming you can't stop a deal because you haven't actually confirmed that yet.  It's frustrating keep asking questions and getting no answer isn't it.  ?

Come on kowenicki you very much know how it works . . .

The Trust with a 3% share can vote in which anyway they choose but the majority shareholder/s get what they want as in any business

As previously stated (by many) the Trust 3% share 'should' offer the courtesy of information prior to it being announced publicly but certainly not the active involvement in any Club sensitive dealings

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Is it only me that doesn't even get it ? Or is it just one of them that is so unfunny there's nothing to get really ? Or thirdly am I just being thick ? 

I imagine it's in refernce to Phoenix Nights / Max & Paddy - Tommy Dickfingers

that was pretty funny, this one however...

19 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I can only assume some certain folk felt that those fans who boarded the mini-bus to Torex wish they hadn't done (after all, what was the point eh as they can't affect anything?) and Chris Moore had just bumped the club completely :rolleyes:

Great point

Maybe the TTA were aware of this, and it helped them to understand the depth of interest and love for the club that exists.

it may have in some form gone towards influencing their decision to rescue Latics in 2004.

7 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Are the adverts too bright and do they distract you from the football? 

That's a bit irrelevant, especially with no football being played on this site. 

FWIW, I keep getting adverts about dating Arabs on this site and I certainly haven't been Googling it. I bloody hate um...

36 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Oh thanks for letting me know... I hadn't realised...

It was actually a reference to bp1960 post around our perimeter advertising 

51 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

FWIW, I keep getting adverts about dating Arabs on this site and I certainly haven't been Googling it. I bloody hate um...

46 minutes ago, PhilStarbucksSilkySkills said:

You hate ALL arabs?

He's clearly black so please save the racist card

21 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Oh thanks for letting me know... I hadn't realised...

It was actually a reference to bp1960 post around our perimeter advertising 

No probs, the adverts are now for BMWs, yachts and Ray-Ban sunglasses.

I also get the adverts for dating Arabs makes a change from dating matures adverts that I keep getting :blink:

FYI I also get adverts with 50% of garden shutters I never google that and credit cards I hardly ever use my credit card so I'm not sure it's truely reflective of your Internet history.

2 minutes ago, PhilStarbucksSilkySkills said:

I once dated an ex-muslim and then used to get muslim dating adverts. Could easily have been coincidence though.

I once dated an air conditioning engineer who supported Ipswich, then got adverts for ex-tractor fans.

Sorry.

12 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

The weirdest things about this takeover so far have been that our new North African owner is Asian and our Dutch, Haitian & Curacaon signings are all French....

Not to mention any players we already have from further south than Nottingham, i.e. France.

10 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

The weirdest things about this takeover so far have been that our new North African owner is Asian and our Dutch, Haitian & Curacaon signings are all French....

I'd never previously heard of Curacao.  Is it not an imaginary place inhabited by mythical creatures like Brigadoon, Atlantis and Mossley?

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

and what have Dundee utd done to you ?

Archived