Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Just cant see the FA falling for that . . . . . . . .

Really?? Because the FA are so well run.

If it's all done within the rules, there's nothing they can do except change the rules down the line like the Belgian authorities did.

Edit - I'm not saying this is happening at Latics BTW, it just looks a bit similar.

16 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Really?? Because the FA are so well run.

If it's all done within the rules, there's nothing they can do except change the rules down the line like the Belgian authorities did.

Edit - I'm not saying this is happening at Latics BTW, it just looks a bit similar.

Its understandable when an Organisation such as the FA falls for a new type of scam but when something such as the 'Zahavi practise' is in the public domain, I really cant see the FA accepting it in the English Game

3 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

No concerns anyway. Corney's categorically said he'll only sell us to someone who's got OAFC's interest at heart. Might look a bit dodgy but definitely won't be.

Hahahaha.

Cut Corney into the deal for a fiver and a lollipop and you'll buy latics for a steal.

Now the stadium/land etc....

4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

U would think we would no a bit more by now who was actually taking control of the club. All we have is this agents name, I'm sure during other takeovers a lot more info is released.....

Who benefits with any info being released? As long as it's quiet, I'm happy that we're moving closer to the day Corney and co leave.

12 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Well it would be nice to know what we are getting, than the deal be done and we find out this  agent doesn't have a pot to p!ss in. I would also like to know what he is buying the lot or just the team.

Why? What difference will it make to you? Would you be throwing in a rival bid if you we're told now the agent doesn't have a pot to piss in? Really don't understand why it would benefit you or anyone else to know any of this information before a deal is done when you can't change anything. I'm not being funny about It, I'm just interested.

59 minutes ago, oafc1000 said:

Why? What difference will it make to you? Would you be throwing in a rival bid if you we're told now the agent doesn't have a pot to piss in? Really don't understand why it would benefit you or anyone else to know any of this information before a deal is done when you can't change anything. I'm not being funny about It, I'm just interested.

Perhaps maybe if you did know who, how and why and it clearly looked like the wrong guy/deal you may want to voice a collective concern. There again you may feel it's the best thing since we left the Prem and again may want to voice a collective approval and move it along at a pace.

The squad size now, and the length of contracts given out to some of these players, probably gives us some clues as to the progress of the takeover/investment deal.

By that I mean that I'm concluding that Abdallah (or whoever is backing him) has already put some money in to the club, because there is no way that Corney would commit himself to funding the expense of such a large squad if he didn't have a guaranteed solution in place to pay for it.

Obviously money has moved else why was the embargo lifted?  No doubt the EFL has been given assurances about our wages budget.

Rather strange however for whoever it is to get involved before whatever the deal they are discussing and have talked about is done.

At this rate we will have a first team squad, a first reserve team squad and a second reserve team squad solving the lack of reserves fixtures by playing with themselves - all very incestuous.

26 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Obviously money has moved else why was the embargo lifted?  No doubt the EFL has been given assurances about our wages budget.

Rather strange however for whoever it is to get involved before whatever the deal they are discussing and have talked about is done.

At this rate we will have a first team squad, a first reserve team squad and a second reserve team squad solving the lack of reserves fixtures by playing with themselves - all very incestuous.

Its all a smokescreen for when the new owner shuffles out Shez unnoticed.

I follow caught up with Athletic boss John Sheridan ahead of the weekends game against the high flying Shrews;

"John. Great win at Bristol last night. Unbeaten in two. Lots of new players. Healthy competion. Something to build on for Saturday?"

"Yeah. Yeah. You know. That little bit of 

Belief and buy in into what me and the lads are trying to do makes all the difference. No reason why we cant build on it and take all three points."

"Thanks for your time. Good luck on Saturday Walter."

"Prego".

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

Really getting cold feet about this whole thing.

Ewww things of the field are slowly going well reserve team coming back full of new players the first team getting better per game everything is positive we been waiting for this for years people just love living in a rut!!!!

11 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Ewww things of the field are slowly going well reserve team coming back full of new players the first team getting better per game everything is positive we been waiting for this for years people just love living in a rut!!!!

You think filling the reserve side with free agent journeyman players is for the good of the club? Really?

With every shite signing I am getting more worried.

Why we have Dickfingers signed up as well as the lad from Cardiff and now Ruddy I don't know. We've more midfielders than some small European countries. 

3 minutes ago, Clifford said:

You think filling the reserve side with free agent journeyman players is for the good of the club? Really?

With every shite signing I am getting more worried.

Why we have Dickfingers signed up as well as the lad from Cardiff and now Ruddy I don't know. We've more midfielders than some small European countries. 

How can they be shite have you seen them play etc and let's face it they are better than our current reserve team!!! the current manager thought Danny Boshell was going to be a god i rest my case

Archived