Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

31 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Ewww things of the field are slowly going well reserve team coming back full of new players the first team getting better per game everything is positive we been waiting for this for years people just love living in a rut!!!!

Yeah that's right. I've expressed mild concern at signing a load of unheard of 'french' players, and the seemingly high chance of sacking the manager.

This means I love living in a rut. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

How can they be shite have you seen them play etc and let's face it they are better than our current reserve team!!! the current manager thought Danny Boshell was going to be a god i rest my case

I will suggest that the lad released by Tours we have just signed is shite for a start. Dickfingers was on the bench behind Cardiffs 4th choice keeper who lets in 2 a game so Shez clearly doesn't rate him.

Have any other league 1 sides got a reserve side made up mainly of lower / mid 20 year old overseas journeymen? 

1 minute ago, Clifford said:

I will suggest that the lad released by Tours we have just signed is shite for a start. Dickfingers was on the bench behind Cardiffs 4th choice keeper who lets in 2 a game so Shez clearly doesn't rate him.

Have any other league 1 sides got a reserve side made up mainly of lower / mid 20 year old overseas journeymen? 

Sheridan, unfortunately, suffers from pride and sometimes that lets him down when picking the right players to play!! we can't have this not seen a player play so they are instantly shit everyone has a team they click with that's right for them id rather see them play then rip them a new arsehole if shite!!!

32 minutes ago, rosa said:

I still can't work out whether 'Johny Dickfingers' is supposed to be an insult or a compliment. After all you're essentially calling him 'Johny Eleven Dicks'.

His nickname apparently.

30 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Sheridan, unfortunately, suffers from pride and sometimes that lets him down when picking the right players to play!! we can't have this not seen a player play so they are instantly shit everyone has a team they click with that's right for them id rather see them play then rip them a new arsehole if shite!!!

He signed Byrne, Bryan and Gardner. He didn't want Mr 11 willys or the other lads brought in above his head. I'd back Mr Sheridan's view over yours if you don't mind.

1 minute ago, Clifford said:

His nickname apparently.

He signed Byrne, Bryan and Gardner. He didn't want Mr 11 willys or the other lads brought in above his head. I'd back Mr Sheridan's view over yours if you don't mind.

That's your opinion and I'm cool with that sir but i'd still like to see the new lads play before judging I mean we all thought Sheridan was a god as he saved us and the team he put together before the season started  his words "READY TO GO" are doing great @D

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

Really? I don't see how he's any different from Kyeremeh, Placide, Nepomuceno, Omrami or Maouche currently......!?!?

We know very little about any of them.....!?!?

Shez will know them all though, so would pick them on merit.

8 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Really? I don't see how he's any different from Kyeremeh, Placide, Nepomuceno, Omrami or Maouche currently......!?!?

We know very little about any of them.....!?!?

Yes, really. If you can't see the difference between signing one player I've heard of on loan from Ajax/Nantes and signing 6 players nobody has ever heard of from no club because nobody wants them, then this conversation is moot.

In the words of that legendary football pundit Don "Caster" Rumsfeld, we appear to now have known knowns, known unknowns, and maybe the odd unknown unknown in the squad. We'll just have to wait and see.

I can't though shake off a crazy feeling that we're going to get 3 points tonight.

1 hour ago, rosa said:

I still can't work out whether 'Johny Dickfingers' is supposed to be an insult or a compliment. After all you're essentially calling him 'Johny Eleven Dicks'.

It's a weak attempt at humour that he trots out whenever he gets the chance. And, of course, having never seen these signings play, he naturally assumes that they're all crap. There's nothing like a bit of informed debate. 

Archived