Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OldHallam said:

75p worth of last weeks news plus delivery and pensioners holidays to Blackpool? Chron died a long time ago. 2001 ish.

6400 circulation say 20000 readers says circa 200,000 Oldham folk couldnt give a toss. 

Not sure Latics fans can take the moral high ground on that one

7 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

In the words of that legendary football pundit Don "Caster" Rumsfeld, we appear to now have known knowns, known unknowns, and maybe the odd unknown unknown in the squad. We'll just have to wait and see.

I can't though shake off a crazy feeling that we're going to get 3 points tonight.

Wow...result spot on...so wht s Saturdays results going to be...I may need to put a bet on...

9 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

And don't it always seem to go like that 

9 hours ago, mickjagger said:

Dont know what you got till it's gone

Late last night I heard the screen door slam
And a big yellow taxi took away my OLDHAM 

:D

14 hours ago, mickjagger said:

If the Chron will still in existence we would know factually what was going on. 

Half the reason the Chron isn't still in existence is that they rarely knew what was going on with anything anywhere. Chambers blocked me on Twitter for calling him a lazy journo for writing most of his story's based on things said on OWTB about 3 days after they had been said. I don't really understand how a paper that cost 75p and had more adverts than news in it could go bust. Oh yeah I do, people don't want to pay 75p for a paper full of 3 day old news and adverts.

15 minutes ago, oafc1000 said:

Half the reason the Chron isn't still in existence is that they rarely knew what was going on with anything anywhere. Chambers blocked me on Twitter for calling him a lazy journo for writing most of his story's based on things said on OWTB about 3 days after they had been said. I don't really understand how a paper that cost 75p and had more adverts than news in it could go bust. Oh yeah I do, people don't want to pay 75p for a paper full of 3 day old news and adverts.

It went bust because they employed 49 and sold £4500 worth of papers a day.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It went bust because they employed 49 and sold £4500 worth of papers a day.

Vicious circle. Lower circulation leads to lower advertising income because of lower circulation. That and the fact that an employer of 49 people still had a final salary pension scheme. Madness.

15 hours ago, underdog said:

Wow...result spot on...so wht s Saturdays results going to be...I may need to put a bet on...

Ha ha, I've been asking myself why I didn't put money on last night!!!

Great result and hopefully we've turned a corner. You know what, I reckon we'll beat Shrewsbury as well. We're bound to concede, so I'll go for 2-1. COYB!

6 minutes ago, robboman said:

That would seem to be the case, his name has been taken off th sport2jlt.com website

I hadn't spotted there was another Lemsagam on there until now..... brothers maybe....?

Omar Lemsagam

Player Manager

Omar is an intelligent and driven young man, with a passion for football. He is multilingual, fluent in English, French and Arabic, and has a mind for Physics, having studied it at the University of Agadir. While born in Morocco, Omar moved to Dubai to work for Sport2 as the player manager. Over the past three years he has become an essential member of the team, the driving force behind the company and developing it to what it is today.

3 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Mind no way Corney would have risked money on something that wasn't done deal, would he?

No chance he'd commit to these foreign player contracts without them having been funded. I'm pretty sure he alluded to a deposit having been received during his video interview. I reckon that will be paying for these signings.

Archived