Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m still cautious about this. As other posts have mentioned, the ‘fit and proper person test’ has failed to stop some very dodgy characters – including convicted criminals – taking over other clubs. And I bet Notts County fans were getting excited a few years back when their new owners brought Sven in and started promising Premier League… and then there’s Leyton Orient. Overseas ownership and/or management doesn’t have a good track record at this level.

Yes we need some money in, but we don’t have any idea what this investment is going to be – big spending on decent players or free agents from the French lower leagues? For me, the 20-year connection Shez has with us, when players rarely stay more than a year or two, plus what he’s done the last two seasons, and being the last manager to get us to the play-offs (or anywhere near!), is enough to back him. When he’s just got the team starting to play, with his own signings, I think getting rid and throwing in someone with little or no experience of English football, especially League One, would be crazy. But new owners like to do that.

Ideally we get good money in, Shez stays and spends it wisely, and we get back up toward the play-offs! Or ten failed managers later, we might be looking forward to meeting Tranmere and Stockport again…

Have I missed something?

Has the club announced that Lemsagam has failed the F&P test and the EFL has rejected the investment / takeover?

Has the club given Shez the vote of confidence?

All I've witnessed so far is us signing some overseas players with just one playing in the team.  Equally I've seen us sign three players who have revolutionised the team, we're looking brilliant and they're here until January and maybe beyond.

Any recent rumours are chip paper whispers; journos taking our initial poor run, mixing it with the obvious cash injection from other sources and assuming Shez is out in his ear.

Truth is that we've struggled until our dealings in the transfer window, which is something Shez pointed out.  Byrne, Doyle, Bryan plus Gardner before them were Shez signings and they're the reason why we've improved.  Davies another Shez signing who needed a catalyst to start scoring and that's happened with Shez's other signings.

Shez knows this league, knows this club, obviously knows what was needed for us to succeed and is most likely paid less than those continental suggestions.

He ain't going anywhere and if he is sacked then Corney, if he's still in place and allows it to happen, needs fooking shooting!

8 hours ago, latics22 said:

Corney owns the club as it stands! Shez is going no where until anything different is announced! The only thing we can do now is get behind shez! And make it a difficult decision if the choice has to be made ! Anything else is  gossip. Having said that I would put my house on shez NOT getting sacked even if we get spanked tomoz 

Best mate 2017 surely we can only get behind the manager if winning games which is his job to do!!! we cant just support the guy because we like him i mean great we won etc and hope we do today but if we lose another few more on the trot he has to go?

On 14/09/2017 at 1:38 PM, lookersstandandy said:

I hadn't spotted there was another Lemsagam on there until now..... brothers maybe....?

Omar Lemsagam

Player Manager

Omar is an intelligent and driven young man, with a passion for football. He is multilingual, fluent in English, French and Arabic, and has a mind for Physics, having studied it at the University of Agadir. While born in Morocco, Omar moved to Dubai to work for Sport2 as the player manager. Over the past three years he has become an essential member of the team, the driving force behind the company and developing it to what it is today.

If he only works for Sport2, who actually owns it?

On 15/09/2017 at 8:18 AM, lookersstandandy said:

...if my local corner shop had no milk, eggs or Regina Blitz kitchen roll on the shelves... I'd be off to another corner shop!

The reason football club customers want to know the ins & outs, is the corner shop abuses the fact said customers will not shop anywhere else out of blind loyalty.

it goes both ways.....!

Not saying I disagree with the sentiment but the black and white of it is that it is still a private company and under no obligation to tell anyone anything. The blind loyalty you speak of is our choice nothing else  

3 hours ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Best mate 2017 surely we can only get behind the manager if winning games which is his job to do!!! we cant just support the guy because we like him i mean great we won etc and hope we do today but if we lose another few more on the trot he has to go?

Using this inspired logic Eddie Howe would be on thin ice at Bournemouth would he not? 

Anyone who suggest that Howe should lose his job would be labelled as stupid and rightly so, same goes for those calling Shez out when clearly he's our best chance of achieving anything given reasonable backing.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Using this inspired logic Eddie Howe would be on thin ice at Bournemouth would he not? 

Anyone who suggest that Howe should lose his job would be labelled as stupid and rightly so, same goes for those calling Shez out when clearly he's our best chance of achieving anything given reasonable backing.

We agree on so much these days.

Any talk of Sheridan out after a bad start is ridiculous. Regardless of what happened with Notts County he knows this club, he knows the fans, he does well with us. 

Anyone looking at a snapshot of 5 or 6 games and judging him on that is an idiot 

7 minutes ago, oafcowl said:

He was sat behind us in the North Stand, he didnt seem to impressed when we went 2-1 down and was deep in thought when Doyle was sent off.

He clearly understands the game and will take us far..

Archived