Ex players and that

21 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

randomly it will probably be easier for a player of such high technical ability to play three divisions higher, than it is down here.

Good luck to the lad. I hope he does well- be handy if he moved every two years for increasingly stupid amounts of money with Frank getting a smaller portion of a bigger pot each time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Criminal how we've managed to employee a manager who sees Benny Couto as a better midfield option on the bench even at this piss poor level, should of been played far more often but unfortunately we'd rather take on other clubs duffers than nurture our own, did well to get away before unsworth coached any football ability he had out of him by making sure he spent all his time helping out his donkey of a centre half.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Longlostfan said:

Good luck to the lad. I hope he does well- be handy if he moved every two years for increasingly stupid amounts of money with Frank getting a smaller portion of a bigger pot each time.

Or alternatively we could play these footballers with obvious ability and sell them for what they are really worth rather than picking up the crumbs via sell on clauses, weird logic I know but better footballers generally produce better results in the long run.

1 hour ago, Longlostfan said:

Do we get a % every time he moves on for money? I presumed it would only be a % of what Hull sold him for, should they ever do so. 

2 hours ago, daniel said:

Do we get a % every time he moves on for money? I presumed it would only be a % of what Hull sold him for, should they ever do so. 

I'm not party to this contract so couldn't say for sure in this case. However I have seen reports of other transfer contracts with clauses that cover subsequent sales assuming of course that the selling club includes such a clause for themselves. I think an Exeter example was quoted on here a couple of months back.

Imagine for example we have a 20% sell on clause including subsequent gains

Hull sell for £10m to Moneybags FC - we get £2m and Hull have included a 20% sell on clause for their benefit

Moneybags then sell him for £60m, so Hull get £12m of which we then get 20% ie another £2.4m.

That would look like a decent bit of business and that investment would make a real difference to the team. If such a scenario came to pass I could live without seeing him in a Latics shirt again.

Of course it is entirely possible he sees his entire career out a Hull or leaves on a free in which case Yarddog's suggestion of keeping better players becomes more compelling. Time will tell.

In the time he was with us he tried to make a difference and provided some excitement, and on that basis I wish him well apart from when we have to knock him out in the 5th round of the FA Cup in a couple of years.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Criminal how we've managed to employee a manager who sees Benny Couto as a better midfield option on the bench even at this piss poor level, should of been played far more often but unfortunately we'd rather take on other clubs duffers than nurture our own, did well to get away before unsworth coached any football ability he had out of him by making sure he spent all his time helping out his donkey of a centre half.

Ramblings of a mad man 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Also not the only manager to rarely use Vaughan 

We have had a succession of shit managers, some may even describe them as dinosaurs through the club in the last decade, I wouldn't use that as any sort of barometer to support your argument. 

There’s a couple on here who just like to take the opposite view of the majority. 
Come next season I really hope Unsworth turns it all round and we’re all praising him, but they’ll be picking faults, criticising any popular new signings and defending those who get a bit of stick.

Its how they roll and we all know who they are 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

There’s a couple on here who just like to take the opposite view of the majority. 
Come next season I really hope Unsworth turns it all round and we’re all praising him, but they’ll be picking faults, criticising any popular new signings and defending those who get a bit of stick.

Its how they roll and we all know who they are 

There are those who go so far one way they refuse to come back regardless. They pick at things to try prove their point even when it isn't logical. Those who take a more objective view get called apologists etc. Doesn't bother me though because some cunts on here must be proper miserable with their outlook 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

There are those who go so far one way they refuse to come back regardless. They pick at things to try prove their point even when it isn't logical. Those who take a more objective view get called apologists etc. Doesn't bother me though because some cunts on here must be proper miserable with their outlook 🤣

Well you’ll know all about that

46 minutes ago, redlion said:

I always get a yearning for fish, chips, peas, bread & butter and a pot of tea whenever anybody mentions Whitby. 😋

A perfectly reasonable response I think.

Edited by astottie
  • Like 2