Ex players and that

5 hours ago, latics22 said:

Shelton has scored 4 goals for Barnet!

That's good,  it's means he won't be coming back. Sometimes a club just isn't for a player,  and we and him fall into that category. 

9 hours ago, Lags said:

That's good,  it's means he won't be coming back. Sometimes a club just isn't for a player,  and we and him fall into that category. 

It would be interesting to know why it didn't work out for him at Oldham, he was clearly a tidy footballer, good enough to play at this level,  as he's showing at Barnet. Maybe it was the team/environment he came into, becoming a boo boy can't have helped.

31 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

It would be interesting to know why it didn't work out for him at Oldham, he was clearly a tidy footballer, good enough to play at this level,  as he's showing at Barnet. Maybe it was the team/environment he came into, becoming a boo boy can't have helped.

I suspect a large part of this was playing next to Sheron

Just now, JoeP said:

Hallam Hope's just scored on the tele.  Amazing what they can do with CGI these days...

Good finish to be fair. No wonder Morecambe are struggling with Hope, Tollitt, Stott and Slew playing though. 

Hallam Hope chests in Morecambe’s equaliser at Fleetwood in a game that also included ex Latics Tollitt, Stott and Angol…

Morecambe were a tad lucky to get the draw but a decent game to be fair 😃

Edited by TheBigDog

3 minutes ago, daniel said:

Good finish to be fair. No wonder Morecambe are struggling with Hope, Tollitt, Stott and Slew playing though. 

He's causing Fleetwood trouble...

I didn't think either Tollitt or Hope were terrible for us. Might have enough to get Morecambe to third bottom, which is an easier gig than winning promotion in the league below.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

He's causing Fleetwood trouble...

I didn't think either Tollitt or Hope were terrible for us. Might have enough to get Morecambe to third bottom, which is an easier gig than winning promotion in the league below.

And an improvement on what Hope did for us.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Hallam Hope chests in Morecambe’s equaliser at Fleetwood in a game that also included ex Latics Tollitt, Stott and Angol

Morecambe were a tad lucky to get the draw but a decent game to be fair 😃

Angol? 

Zaine Francis-Angol  - Buxton FC.

Lee Angol - Morecambe FC. 

No pedigree chum for you this week unless we win Tuesday night. 😉

• Thanks 1

I only watched the first 40 minutes or so but Jamie Stott looked very solid. Tollitt was playing on the left of a front three. They were living off scraps so he didn't see much of the ball but beat his man out wide to put in an excellent cross from which Stott hit the bar. Morecambe must take some encouragement from their comebacks in the last two games.   

4 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Stott is a very much improve player from when he was here

Strange that being 26 and in his prime, anyone writing players off - least of all 20 year old centrehalfs are a special breed, particularly ones who've come through our youth system and largely played at the club under a succession of managers.

Stott did okay here as a very young player in what was effectively a circus at the time, himself, Hamer and Edmondson found it difficult to establish themselves under a succession of managers who were told to play the likes of Sefil in front of them.

Sutton is probably ahead of Stott at the same age and I'd imagine he's a model pro as opposed to Stott at the same age who had one or two issues with attitude and application.

On 9/10/2024 at 11:46 AM, Bobledgersheart said:

Went to all three games and remember the Southport away game especially for a couple of pints in a Liverpool dockyard pub ( whilst wearing a floral shirt and maroon hipsters !! 🫣 ) and a 100 mph trip back along the East Lancs with a mate who'd just had a new engine put in his Lotus Cortina !!

Not sure what colour the hipsters were when I got home !  😱

I was at all three games as well! Missed the coach back to Oldham on the Easter Monday game at Southport, and ended up at a fairground where I was beaten up by Liverpool fans because I was daft enough to be wearing my Latics scarf, LOL.