Ex players and that

Yet he still scored 5 in 11 and got hammered for being fat and :censored:.

"We need to score goals this is boring"

"He was fat and lazy don't want a player like that"

I've come to the conclusion nothing will ever make some of you happy you just moan because it's all you seem to be able to do

Poleon possessed pace, power and the ability to conjure up an impressive goal out of nothing...on the odd occasion.

In my eyes, that's enough to be worth clinging to at this level. He always worked hard wherever he played, and on his day was unplayable.

There were rumours that he was earning big money and I can understand then why they got rid to some extent - I'd imagine he didn't want to stay either - but I'd definitely have kept him and made him a permanent fixture in the side.

Edited by NewBlue

In my eyes, that's enough to be worth clinging to at this level. He always worked hard wherever he played, and on his day was unplayable.

There were rumours that he was earning big money and I can understand then why they got rid to some extent - I'd imagine he didn't want to stay either - but I'd definitely have kept him and made him a permanent fixture in the side.

Yeah that's understandable. I wouldn't have kept him on but I can see why he'd have been worth the gamble.

In terms of keeping a player who's rate of progression was properly heading upwards, Dieng would've been my pick.

Our summer transfer "policy" really threw the baby out with the bathwater.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Has Jack Tuohy been let go, does anyone know?

He's been playing for Chadderton for ages now and Wikipedia (as reliable as that is) says he's on loan there, but I'd be amazed if the club hasn't quietly binned him given his upcoming trial and inevitable loss of playing experience before and during (and perhaps after).

Has Jack Tuohy been let go, does anyone know?

He's been playing for Chadderton for ages now and Wikipedia (as reliable as that is) says he's on loan there, but I'd be amazed if the club hasn't quietly binned him given his upcoming trial and inevitable loss of playing experience before and during (and perhaps after).

He's not at Chaddy anymore...

David Noble signs for my local outfit, St Albans City.

He didn't do much for us, but he was one of the most talented Exeter central midfielders that I've seen in both spells. Sadly he didn't have the pace to make it in League One and injuries have plagued him, but if anyone saw his performance against Liverpool in the cup last year then you'll know what he could do.

Thinking about it, I'd have him over any holding or deep lying midfielders that we currently have!

Guest nonaenever

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but Bristol City have hit some poor form since Dean Holden went there and have slid down to 16th...

Lee - no coincidence at all - a perfect example of "jobs for the boys" in football. Totally inept. I was suicidal when we were first ever connected with him in a coaching capacity - our slide from memory started when Paul Murray went to Carlisle and that clown Holden took over coaching. The difference in style and performance was graphic.

Lee - no coincidence at all - a perfect example of "jobs for the boys" in football. Totally inept. I was suicidal when we were first ever connected with him in a coaching capacity - our slide from memory started when Paul Murray went to Carlisle and that clown Holden took over coaching. The difference in style and performance was graphic.

NNN, with what qualification do you judge Dean Holden a coach with whom you felt the emotion of suicide?

Lee Johnson was - in recent times (i.e. When we are operating under severe financial restrictions) - a successful manager/coach, and he seems to deem Mr Holden worthy of a job coaching his championship players. It makes me consider Dean must have some of qualified and respectible qualities!?!