Ex players and that

59 minutes ago, singe said:

Didn't realise Brian Talbot was Chief Scout at Fulham. 

The same Brian Talbot? He's been a director or somesuch at a club in Malta for a number of years as I recall. Didn't know he was back in England. 

On 28/07/2018 at 5:33 PM, yarddog73 said:

Philliskirk bags two as Fylde roll over Curzon Ashton 3-0 at the Tameside Stadium, ChaddySmoker in attendance with his box of Kleenex.

Makes a nice change that he doesnt get called back into midfield at the hour mark to cover for some wimpy feckless irish lad

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

The same Brian Talbot? He's been a director or somesuch at a club in Malta for a number of years as I recall. Didn't know he was back in England. 

From Wikipedia 

In February 2011, he joined English Premier League club Fulham as European scout. He was promoted to chief scout and assistant director of football operations in February 2017

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

He was in charge of Marsaxlokk from 2006 to 2008 but only 26 games! Don;t think he managed for the next 3 years before starting  Scouting for Fulham.

2 hours ago, stevesidg said:

From Wikipedia 

In February 2011, he joined English Premier League club Fulham as European scout. He was promoted to chief scout and assistant director of football operations in February 2017

2 hours ago, singe said:

He was in charge of Marsaxlokk from 2006 to 2008 but only 26 games! Don;t think he managed for the next 3 years before starting  Scouting for Fulham.

I couldn't have been much more out of touch. :dunce:

On 7/31/2018 at 10:43 AM, philsalt said:

Kallum Mantack has signed for Stockport it would seem after his trial. No announcement as far as I can see, but he’s in the official team photo. Injuries aside, I always thought he could have been a decent league one player. 

Official announcement made this morning, good luck to the lad.

Edited by singe

Wonder where Byrne's mindset is now having see both Doyle and Bryan taking steps forward in their careers (I know they were loanees and Byrne is contracted). Surely if he wants to stay in the game his only option is to build bridges and (re)prove himself at Boundary Park. I love watching this lad play, Bunn must try and get the best from him, Byrne and Baxter purring in league 2 would be irresistible.

52 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Wonder where Byrne's mindset is now having see both Doyle and Bryan taking steps forward in their careers (I know they were loanees and Byrne is contracted). Surely if he wants to stay in the game his only option is to build bridges and (re)prove himself at Boundary Park. I love watching this lad play, Bunn must try and get the best from him, Byrne and Baxter purring in league 2 would be irresistible.

Doesn't look like we're giving him the chance to build bridges. Bizarrely enough we feel like we're good enough to cast aside a player who could be one of the divisions best.

Hopefully Bunn, Abdul and Co come crashing back down to earth once MK put 3 past us, and reconsider their decision.

31 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Doesn't look like we're giving him the chance to build bridges. Bizarrely enough we feel like we're good enough to cast aside a player who could be one of the divisions best.

Hopefully Bunn, Abdul and Co come crashing back down to earth once MK put 3 past us, and reconsider their decision.

Who says he won't be given a chance?