Ex players and that

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

I guess MM has never even met him as he was sold to Brighton years ago.

Ex Blackpool himself he'd still have connections there. He should know all about him anyway, it's his job to. 

Edited by BP1960

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Ex Blackpool himself he'd still have connections there. He should know all about him anyway, it's his job to. 

In that case you've answered your own question.  MM didn’t want to chance him.

51 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He was playing for Eastbourne for most if not all the time Mellon managed us last season. Not sure I can expect him to be fully aware of players that far away 

Edited by Dave_Og

10 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

He was playing for Eastbourne for most if not all the time Mellon managed us last season. Not sure I can expect him to be fully aware of players that far away 

I was. 

Just now, BP1960 said:

I was. 

You were fully aware?  Of how  he was performing match by match?  I can see plenty of people would be interested in how he was getting on as a youth player who had actually made an appearance for us (a rare thing, sadly!) but I'd suggest very, very few knew anything more than where he was and whether he scored.  Can't see any reason why Mellon would be keeping tabs on him in particular rather than the other c.900 players who were also playing regularly at that level.

• Like 1

Obviously a player isn't watched every match, he's identified and if he looks available then he can be closely monitored. 

I and many scouts strive to spot potential at an early age and the information is passed on to the clubs chief scout and then on to the manager. You don't check and report on 900 players, that's ridiculous, you just try to find ones who look future assets - no matter what level they are at. 

I seem to remember you shot me down after spotting Adam Crowther at Kings Lynn questioning why he was still there a season later. 

He went on to Southend and I know now an EPL is targeting him. 

I wish you'd stop constantly  criticising my posts and maybe credit me sometimes for the work I do for the club to  find hidden gems. 

Even posting on here any players you see as ideal signings for the club. 

As I posted yesterday I don't get them all right as in the case if Tunde Owolobe who scored against us for Southport yesterday and I thought could play higher, but clearly hasnt progressed in over 3 years. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Obviously a player isn't watched every match, he's identified and if he looks available then he can be closely monitored. 

I and many scouts strive to spot potential at an early age and the information is passed on to the clubs chief scout and then on to the manager. You don't check and report on 900 players, that's ridiculous, you just try to find ones who look future assets - no matter what level they are at. 

I seem to remember you shot me down after spotting Adam Crowther at Kings Lynn questioning why he was still there a season later. 

He went on to Southend and I know now a EPL is targeting him. 

I wish you'd stop constantly  criticising my posts and maybe credit me sometome for the work I do for the club to  find hidden gems. 

Even posting on here any players you see as ideal signings for the club. 

As I posted yesterday I don't get them all right as in the case if Tunde Owolobe who scored against us for Southport yesterday and I thought could play higher, but clearly hasnt progressed in over 3 years. 

I have never 'shot you down' over Adam, but do feel free to find a post that constitutes that.   I've asked what I think are perfectly reasonable questions but you seem to think that any point or question that doesn't agree with you is criticism - it isn't.  I've never seen Adam play football as far as I can remember so I'm not about to criticise any opinion of his game.  I wish him all the best - he seemed like a nice lad when I vaguely knew of him through golf but I wouldn't claim to know him.

As for Emmerson he seems to have failed to progress and has now signed for a team at our level when clearly hopes were higher, considerably higher - so there doesn't appear to be any evidence that we've missed out.

Don't take evrything so personally  - it certainly isn't meant that way

• Like 4

On 7/23/2024 at 6:28 PM, Boyyou said:

Zak Emmerson, youngest first-teamer for Latics, joins Halifax from Blackpool. Still only 19.

Well he'd be the youngest to make an appearance at 91 clubs as he's the second youngest ever.

3 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Another one from the never ending list of @BP1960 scouted very talented young players 

I'm hoping the big young centre forward I've recommended can be brought in at least on loan, he is well above our standard,but doesn't get many games. However, with injuries at his present club he may be called up to the first team and skuttle things. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm hoping the big young centre forward I've recommended can be brought in at least on loan, he is well above our standard,but doesn't get many games. However, with injuries at his present club he may be called up to the first team and skuttle things. 

Matt Smith on his way !

Maybe good short term with our injury problems.

9 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Matt Smith on his way !

Maybe good short term with our injury problems.

I found it a bit mad how dismissive people were of signing Smith in another thread. He scored 24 goals last season in a higher division. Massive upgrade on Fondop

Would still like a striker with pace too tbf

• Like 1