Ex players and that

58 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What would our best XI be of players who've been rubbish for us but have gone on to do well elsewhere?  

Some ideas:

Neil Etheridge

Eoghan O'Connell

Ben Turner

Bobby Reid (honestly can't remember how he did)

Lewis Grabban

Stuart Barlow (well, rubbish for us might be pushing it)

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

What would our best XI be of players who've been rubbish for us but have gone on to do well elsewhere?  

Look no further than Ipswich with Cameron Burgess, Freddie Ladapo, to a lesser extent Harry Clarke and a much lesser extent George Edmundson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

If we’re including loan signings, Dapo Afolayan (about to play in the Bundesliga!) and Emmanuel Dieseruvwe (awful for us and now has 40 goals in the NL on the last 2 seasons). 

Freddie Ladapo caught me by surprise. Never expected him to become a solid championship/League 1 striker. 

19 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Ben Garrity on the list.  Perhaps the ultimate was the Welsh fullback that came through with us (name gone) but was widely derided before going on to play PL with Blackpool

Neal "Gerritforward" Eardley. 

I question whether some of these were actually rubbish or just boo-boys for the fans. Eardley, Vaughan, Hamer, etc, weren't rubbish even if a few people thought they were. Underrated, sure.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

I question whether some of these were actually rubbish or just boo-boys for the fans. Eardley, Vaughan, Hamer, etc, weren't rubbish even if a few people thought they were. Underrated, sure.

There's no way Vaughan belongs on that list.  His career does seem to have stalled a bit but early days

Some of these weren't shite per se, but had either little impact with us, were incredibly inconsistent or just went on to have careers at a better level than us.

Tomasz Cywka
Jermaine Johnson

Joe Jacobson
Nick Blackman
Tom Eaves
Jonathan Grounds
Liam Kelly

Tom Hamer
Kean Bryan
Daniel Iverson

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Some of these weren't shite per se, but had either little impact with us, were incredibly inconsistent or just went on to have careers at a better level than us.

Tomasz Cywka
Jermaine Johnson

Joe Jacobson
Nick Blackman
Tom Eaves
Jonathan Grounds
Liam Kelly

Tom Hamer
Kean Bryan
Daniel Iverson

Liam Kelly is a good shout. I thought he was crap when he was here 😂

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Tomasz Cywka
Jermaine Johnson

Joe Jacobson
Nick Blackman
Tom Eaves
Jonathan Grounds
Liam Kelly

Tom Hamer
Kean Bryan
Daniel Iverson

I thought everyone loved Iversen?!

I'll go with Ben Garrity

Shout out to Chris O'Grady too (first spell) 

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Tomasz Cywka
Jermaine Johnson

Joe Jacobson
Nick Blackman
Tom Eaves
Jonathan Grounds
Liam Kelly

Tom Hamer
Kean Bryan
Daniel Iverson

Tom Eaves? Did he ever play for the first team? If anyone thought Iverson was shit for us they need help!

• Like 2

Kirk Millar is a Linfield legend these days and has played European football (albeit qualifying rounds). Think I’d choose that over the lower end of the EFL (does mean you’ve got to live in Belfast though…).