Ex players and that

16 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd have him back.

No, I have to disagree. I could just about forgive him for walking out on us all those years ago but, apart from his spell at Sunderland, his win % as a manager is poor - never above 40%. To be avoided.

Just now, Worcester Owl said:

No, I have to disagree. I could just about forgive him for walking out on us all those years ago but, apart from his spell at Sunderland, his win % as a manager is poor - never above 40%. To be avoided.

He was sold for 100k but your point about his managerial record is a valid one.

29 minutes ago, disjointed said:

6-0 at home 2-0 away. My dad wedged me behind the roof stancions at the back of the stand at Southport so I could see the game. 

Went to all three games and remember the Southport away game especially for a couple of pints in a Liverpool dockyard pub ( whilst wearing a floral shirt and maroon hipsters !! 🫣 ) and a 100 mph trip back along the East Lancs with a mate who'd just had a new engine put in his Lotus Cortina !!

Not sure what colour the hipsters were when I got home !  😱

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, disjointed said:

6-0 at home 2-0 away. My dad wedged me behind the roof stancions at the back of the stand at Southport so I could see the game. 

I was at both, I'd see Southport as my second home town 

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

again. it was not his choice.

Not sure what you mean. Ok, Corney got financial compensation for him, but LJ didn’t have to go, did he? He wasn’t carried out of Boundary Park kicking and screaming. If he’d gone to a Championship club I might just about have let it go, but he didn’t. He left a team bidding for promotion, for a team in the same division. Nobody forced him out. He wasn’t sacked.

Anyway my main point was that he has achieved nothing since. Why on earth would we want him back?