Tranmere fan

How is your average home attendance so poor in league 1?

Tranmere two divisions below have a better average of atleast 1,500-2,000 thats with away followings of 20-100 most weeks apart from the likes of Chester & Wrexham......

Then i look at your away followings and its brilliant considering where you are in the league.

Hope were back in league 1 in the next few years miss boundary park on a cold saturday afternoon!!

12 hours ago, AndyWirral90 said:

Tranmere two divisions below have a better average of atleast 1,500-2,000 thats with away followings of 20-100 most weeks apart from the likes of Chester & Wrexham......

Then i look at your away followings and its brilliant considering where you are in the league.

Hope were back in league 1 in the next few years miss boundary park on a cold saturday afternoon!!

Dunno.  Scousers have lower expectations?

Anyhow.... You wont be....

14 hours ago, AndyWirral90 said:

It is pretty baffling. Ok it's only 20 mins away, but we took about 70% of our home support to an away game. I think compared to a lot of sides in league 1, away ganes for us seem to be more about a piss up. Big groups starting at 10am on the piss, whether thats to London or whether thats to Bury. Not that many other teams in league 1 seem to have that.

People dont enjoy home games.... sadly.

Once you break the habit of going to home games it’s very hard to get back into it because you realise you aren’t missing an awful lot. Away days will always be about the piss-up and singsong with a result as an added bonus.

We’ve not finished above 8th for a decade now, we are down to our ‘hardcore’ support at BP. If we dropped to non-league I’m convinced that our crowds wouldn’t decline any further. In fact, if we at the top end of the table like yourselves, I think we’d regularly see 4,500+ home fans. Winning football is the only thing that will guarantee you people through the gate. £24 on the day is an absolute disgrace too. 

40 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Once you break the habit of going to home games it’s very hard to get back into it because you realise you aren’t missing an awful lot. Away days will always be about the piss-up and singsong with a result as an added bonus.

We’ve not finished above 8th for a decade now, we are down to our ‘hardcore’ support at BP. If we dropped to non-league I’m convinced that our crowds wouldn’t decline any further. In fact, if we at the top end of the table like yourselves, I think we’d regularly see 4,500+ home fans. Winning football is the only thing that will guarantee you people through the gate. £24 on the day is an absolute disgrace too. 

You've saved me typing something on the same lines. Similarly at Stockport, already down to the hardcore so gates have held up as they've slid down the divisions.

I would add that we have two big clubs near us that win trophies and attract  fans away from us. A problem Tranmere don't have.

(Fellow Tics, please don't think that I'm wanting to big up Manure and Citeh, it's merely a device to take the piss out of Merseyside).

On 11/03/2018 at 10:18 PM, Magic Mikey said:

You've saved me typing something on the same lines. Similarly at Stockport, already down to the hardcore so gates have held up as they've slid down the divisions.

I would add that we have two big clubs near us that win trophies and attract  fans away from us. A problem Tranmere don't have.

(Fellow Tics, please don't think that I'm wanting to big up Manure and Citeh, it's merely a device to take the piss out of Merseyside).

I thought the mighty Everton and Liverpool where just across the Mersey with fast access via the Mersey tunnel. 

Edited by Smiler13

On 13/03/2018 at 10:44 PM, Magic Mikey said:

Please note my comment about trophies.

On 14/03/2018 at 5:56 AM, ghostofcecere said:

Until this tread popped up, I’d actually forgotten about Tranmere.

Well I thought no team in England had won the European Cup more than Liverpool or was I dreaming?????

33 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Well I thought no team in England had won the European Cup more than Liverpool or was I dreaming?????

The Tranmere fan's point was about relative attendances now. My (tongue in cheek) point was that we're very close to two clubs winning trophies year on year while on Merseyside they're selling less Duraglit than subscriptions to the Sun.

Libpool last won the European Cup in 2005, they last won the league in 1990. More trophies will have come to Manchester in the last two seasons than has gone to Merseyside this century.

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

The Tranmere fan's point was about relative attendances now. My (tongue in cheek) point was that we're very close to two clubs winning trophies year on year while on Merseyside they're selling less Duraglit than subscriptions to the Sun.

Libpool last won the European Cup in 2005, they last won the league in 1990. More trophies will have come to Manchester in the last two seasons than has gone to Merseyside this century.

If it helps, I was on your wavelength ...

Edited by opinions4u