Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I’d ignore all those who claimed DC was signing today.  Nailed on apparently.

Truth is 99.9% of the posters ITK are sitting at their keyboards hammering out delusions on a Walter Mitty scale 

3 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Well I’d ignore all those who claimed DC was signing today.  Nailed on apparently.

Truth is 99.9% of the posters ITK are sitting at their keyboards hammering out delusions on a Walter Mitty scale 

I don't want to think about them hammering out anything else

Those keyboard dreamers were extremely quiet yesterday.  With just under 4 days to go until window shuts, you’d think they’d be banging their keyboards fabricating meetings in every coffee shop and chicken shack in town.

With Kronke buying Arsenal outright, Usmanov will have £1 billion burning in his pocket.  After investing £4m, AL now only has £995m - remember he wasn’t a billionaire - but how much realistically would you need minimum to turn this nightmare around permanently?

Personally I reckon £30 million spread over 5-6 years reinvesting on player resales to keep topping up those funds.  With luck and good fortune you’d get a return on that money once you reach that promised land.  Granted that was Blitz’s plan but inexperience in acquiring players, managers etc plus the economic downturn meant we went in the opposite direction.

Surely AL must mix in circles of football mad multi-millionaires or billionaires?  Football Manager on a grand scale to achieve Prem football within 10 years.  £30m is at the back of their chaise lounge these days and wouldn’t be missed.... 

2 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Those keyboard dreamers were extremely quiet yesterday.  With just under 4 days to go until window shuts, you’d think they’d be banging their keyboards fabricating meetings in every coffee shop and chicken shack in town.

With Kronke buying Arsenal outright, Usmanov will have £1 billion burning in his pocket.  After investing £4m, AL now only has £995m - remember he wasn’t a billionaire - but how much realistically would you need minimum to turn this nightmare around permanently?

Personally I reckon £30 million spread over 5-6 years reinvesting on player resales to keep topping up those funds.  With luck and good fortune you’d get a return on that money once you reach that promised land.  Granted that was Blitz’s plan but inexperience in acquiring players, managers etc plus the economic downturn meant we went in the opposite direction.

Surely AL must mix in circles of football mad multi-millionaires or billionaires?  Football Manager on a grand scale to achieve Prem football within 10 years.  £30m is at the back of their chaise lounge these days and wouldn’t be missed.... 

The strangest post I have seen in a while. Especially the part about ALs contacts. The players he has brought in which the managers havent picked up have been absolutely horrific. Not one of them is League 1 level. Why would his other contacts be any good?

What makes you think he knows any other people who would want to invest? He bought Oldham Athletic ffs! If he knew anyone who had decent business sense theyd have advised him not to.

FYI I am also not a billionaire, but £30million isnt short change... and it would take a hell of a lot more to turn our shit run club around.

13 minutes ago, youngen said:

The strangest post I have seen in a while. Especially the part about ALs contacts. The players he has brought in which the managers havent picked up have been absolutely horrific. Not one of them is League 1 level. Why would his other contacts be any good?

What makes you think he knows any other people who would want to invest? He bought Oldham Athletic ffs! If he knew anyone who had decent business sense theyd have advised him not to.

FYI I am also not a billionaire, but £30million isnt short change... and it would take a hell of a lot more to turn our shit run club around.

Nepo turned out ok till he clearly shagged Wellens mrs

Placide wasn’t as bad as some make out 

the others I’ll give you though Maouche seems to be getting a look in under Bunn 

2 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Can anyone confirm that Coterill was training with Bury yesterday?

Not sure on that. He wasn't training this morning, but there were only 12 of them out there. I was told on Saturday that the deal had been agreed and we were just waiting for registration clearance from India...

29 minutes ago, youngen said:

Did you just say £30m wouldn’t be enough to turn our club around?

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Did you just say £30m wouldn’t be enough to turn our club around?

Depends how it was spent.  If it was splurged on players and wages bills then it would turn round but the long straight ahead may come to a hairpin bend

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Depends how it was spent.  If it was splurged on players and wages bills then it would turn round but the long straight ahead may come to a hairpin bend

Well of course it does, but £30m is plenty to turn this club around if spent wisely. Easily. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Well of course it does, but £30m is plenty to turn this club around if spent wisely. Easily. 

Probably so but football, spending and wisdom and not three words that often crop up in the same sentence.

58 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Nepo turned out ok till he clearly shagged Wellens mrs

Placide wasn’t as bad as some make out 

the others I’ll give you though Maouche seems to be getting a look in under Bunn 

The left back was more than good enough for at least league 1, if he sorts his anger management out.

Doesn't it depend on what we call turning the club around. If the aim is to get to league 1 then it wouldn't require anywhere near that, if it meant becoming an established championship club then I think that's about right. To make us premiership well clubs such as Middlesborough and Brighton were losing £20mil a season with much bigger supports than what we have so I think to get us to the PL from where we are now would require someone prepared to burn 9 figures, and people prepared to do that on Oldham Athletic are as rare as rocking horse shit.

Archived