Transfer Rumours

5 minutes ago, watty123 said:

Might be being naive but that benefits neither side. If they can’t get rid by Thursday then why not give him the chance to get back in. We’ll be paying him anyway (can’t see him being paid off) and might as well put him in the shop window for January. 

Couldn't agree more...

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its easy for us to say we just see what he can do on the pitch. We dont have to deal with him everyday. The fact that this has gone on at other clubs and we cant get rid of him suggests that his reputation now goes before him.

So to resolve it he's just got to turn up to train every day for the next three years and AL will be the best part of a million pound lighter, nonsensical on every level and that's before you even factor in that he has the ability to drag this team out of this division.

Can I just add that these issues he has are nothing new with us, AL offered him the contract and was well aware that the lad for all his ability is a job to manage, more importantly who is this stand off benefiting? AL's ego?

Everybody is losing including the fans and AL seems to be on some sort of mission to put himself up there as some sort of God  who shall not be crossed, it could really go against him.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So to resolve it he's just got to turn up to train every day for the next three years and AL will be the best part of a million pound lighter, nonsensical on every level and that's before you even factor in that he has the ability to drag this team out of this division.

Can I just add that these issues he has are nothing new with us, AL offered him the contract and was well aware that the lad for all his ability is a job to manage, more importantly who is this stand off benefiting? AL's ego?

Everybody is losing including the fans and AL seems to be on some sort of mission to put himself up there as some sort of God  who shall not be crossed, it could really go against him.

Not the faintest what he has done but is there a possibility that putting him back in the first team picture will pee a lot of others off I wonder?

59 minutes ago, watty123 said:

Might be being naive but that benefits neither side. If they can’t get rid by Thursday then why not give him the chance to get back in. We’ll be paying him anyway (can’t see him being paid off) and might as well put him in the shop window for January. 

Don't think he will feature until loan window closes end of August.

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Ofcourse we dont leave him to rot in the reserves I didnt suggest that all.

What we try to do and by the looks of it are trying to do is get rid of him even if that means him going out on loan until january with a club paying a good % of his contract. It might be the last resort but so be it.

34 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Ofcourse we dont leave him to rot in the reserves I didnt suggest that all.

What we try to do and by the looks of it are trying to do is get rid of him even if that means him going out on loan until january with a club paying a good % of his contract. It might be the last resort but so be it.

He still has to agree to it though, shifting players on 5 or 6k a week is difficult enough at the best of times, all this situation does is put people off even more.

May seem a bit naive but I don’t think I’ve heard Byrne issue an apology to the club, the owner, the manager or team mates for whatever he has or hasn’t done? He is quick on social media with sarcastic emojis, why not some apologies. Would be a start to getting back into the squad?

1 minute ago, Chaddy14 said:

May seem a bit naive but I don’t think I’ve heard Byrne issue an apology to the club, the owner, the manager or team mates for whatever he has or hasn’t done? He is quick on social media with sarcastic emojis, why not some apologies. Would be a start to getting back into the squad?

Just to balance it out has AL issued one for fucking up the team morale by interfering with team discipline and selection playing his part in leading us to relegation? Thought not.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Just to balance it out has AL issued one for fucking up the team morale by interfering with team discipline and selection playing his part in leading us to relegation? Thought not.

Agreed, perhaps both AL and Byrne should start by apologising to the fans for their inept performances in the last few games, especially at Northampton. Their disinterest and lack of mere effort. Sorry, forgot that AL wasn’t on the pitch for those matches?

14 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

What has he actually done? Does anyone know for sure

Few of the Twitter itkers seem to think he deliberately injured Fane. Not buying that for a second.

Just now, Ryan said:

Few of the Twitter itkers seem to think he deliberately injured Fane. Not buying that for a second.

Doesn't sound that unlikely given the overall situation, to me. I've no inside knowledge but it'd tie a couple of things together.

31 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Pretty sure he did at the end of the season admitting he had made mistakes along with other which resulted in relegation. 

8 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Pretty sure he did at the end of the season admitting he had made mistakes along with other which resulted in relegation. 

You may be right, I still don't like the way he's dealing with this though, it just creates drama and is unnecessary, by all means have fines in place for misdemeanours, we are all for a more disciplined team all singing off the same hymn sheet but ostracising your top earners and arguably best player indefinatly is foolish in my opinion.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Hes admitted he made mistakes. I doubt Byrne will... another entitled footballer. 

Difference is of course that AL pays for the privilege to make his mistakes whereas Byrne is paid by AL when making his. 

4 hours ago, Chaddy14 said:

What is it you wish to hear him apologise for?

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

What is it you wish to hear him apologise for?

Whatever it is hes done. He doesnt have to do this publicly and he doesnt necessarily owe the fans an apology but the fact hes being made to train with the youth team clearily suggests something has gone on internally. 

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He still has to agree to it though, shifting players on 5 or 6k a week is difficult enough at the best of times, all this situation does is put people off even more.

Then he will be the one whos shooting himself in the foot. Just because hes on a decent wedge doesnt mean we have to play him. This has clearly happened for a reason and if these rumours of trying to do Fane in training or refusing to take part in fitness training are true then hes an arrogant little shit who we are better off without. If we allow him to get away with it what message does that send to the rest of the squad.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Whatever it is hes done. He doesnt have to do this publicly and he doesnt necessarily owe the fans an apology but the fact hes being made to train with the youth team clearily suggests something has gone on internally. 

How do you know he hasn’t?

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

His crime seems to be having a contract that the owner is unable or unwilling to fulfill.

Don’t care what’s gone on behind the scenes.  

He’s our best player by a country mile.  Our midfield is desperately lacking his creative spark in the middle.  He’s fit and ready to play.

Understand if he’s a bench warmer but he’s not.  We still have to pay him if he’s sat idle or playing so let’s do the best for the club on the pitch.  Whatever his wage, it’s a sizeable chunk of our budget so accentuates the reason why we need to play him and maximise the return from that wage.

This is the one thing that concerns me about AL if you read into the Fane situation last season and rumours from other players, ex-players and ex-managers.  If his personal opinions and resulting actions are jeopardising our clubs fortunes on the pitch then will we ever get out this league?

14 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Don’t care what’s gone on behind the scenes.  

14 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Understand if he’s a bench warmer but he’s not.  

So literally  no limits if a player is talented?  No wonder the game is in the state it is.

Archived