and Staff.

45 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Hearing Dean Pickering (snr) and Sue Howard have been dispensed with by the club, can't imagine they wanted to leave so it would be interesting to know the reasons for that one. Dean was the kit man and Sue worked in and around the club.

🤔😳😆

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Hearing Dean Pickering (snr) and Sue Howard have been dispensed with by the club, can't imagine they wanted to leave so it would be interesting to know the reasons for that one. Dean was the kit man and Sue worked in and around the club.

Seems to be a full shift with the back room staff. FT Coach, GK coach, Kit Man and physio are all going/ being/ have been replaced according to the Oldham Times. 

Maybe Mellon felt we needed a complete change with staff off field as well as on it. Complete change in mindset needed maybe? 

17 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Seems to be a full shift with the back room staff. FT Coach, GK coach, Kit Man and physio are all going/ being/ have been replaced according to the Oldham Times. 

Maybe Mellon felt we needed a complete change with staff off field as well as on it. Complete change in mindset needed maybe? 

Would any of them been Mickey's decisions to make? Surely it would have been DR who decides this. 

4 hours ago, disjointed said:

Would any of them been Mickey's decisions to make? Surely it would have been DR who decides this. 

Nah, what the fuck does DR know about kit men?

11 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Could well be, I suppose he's leaving no stone unturned going in to next season. I suspect Roy will be next to go if we are going for a more professional approach as a club. 

I get a feeling there's been a change within the club and Mellon is being backed to the hilt which is how it really should be, Mellon will have his own team around him which is a good thing.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Could well be, I suppose he's leaving no stone unturned going in to next season. I suspect Roy will be next to go if we are going for a more professional approach as a club. 

I get a feeling there's been a change within the club and Mellon is being backed to the hilt which is how it really should be, Mellon will have his own team around him which is a good thing.

Has any manager ever had a kit man as part of his backroom team that follows him from club to club?

30 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Don't know but Lou Macari appointed one at Stoke.👍

Great film.  A mate was at Keele when he was involved - reckoned Toby Jones' portrayal was remarkably accurate

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Great film.  A mate was at Keele when he was involved - reckoned Toby Jones' portrayal was remarkably accurate

Yes I too really enjoyed it. Not ashamed to say I shed a tear whilst watching. 😢

55 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Has any manager ever had a kit man as part of his backroom team that follows him from club to club?

56 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Usually keep them, Les Chapman was Manchester City's kit man for many managers. Retired now  think. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Usually keep them, Les Chapman was Manchester City's kit man for many managers. Retired now  think. 

Probably followed frizzel to city?

I did know les chapman's daughter was an actress in brookside, Tiffany, but according to wiki, les was in the Blur parklife video .

Edited by Ogdenwoodwhittle
Speling!

On 6/27/2024 at 4:04 PM, Dave_Og said:

One of the secrets of life- acquire gravitas early on.  I dyed my hair grey in my late twenties

Got my first grey hairs (all 3 of them) at 18yo. I used to stand in front of a mirror pulling them out. My mum used to say, don't do that, or you'll have a head full of them. I should have listened to her.......

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Just feel it would be a good opportunity for someone younger starting out rather than harking back to the Bovis days.

He’s worked with Mellon twice before, in successful teams. 

Baz, a much loved physio, is a similar age. But yeah, let’s moan about the age of the physio. 

Next. 

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Try and be positive for a change mush, you might find some enjoyment in your day. 

Not much positivity in crying and getting nasty when people disagree with you on the internet...

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Just feel it would be a good opportunity for someone younger starting out rather than harking back to the Bovis days.

I should imagine a 60 year old physio knows his profession inside out and is just about the most experienced person you could possibly get?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

I should imagine a 60 year old physio knows his profession inside out and is just about the most experienced person you could possibly get?

Of course, not questioning his credentials. I would just like to see us become a club known for giving the younger generation good opportunities.

42 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not much positivity in crying and getting nasty when people disagree with you on the internet...

No point in being miserably and looking for faults in absolutely everything the club you support does, but you manage to do it. 

• Like 1