and Staff.

44 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Of course, not questioning his credentials. I would just like to see us become a club known for giving the younger generation good opportunities.

Want to rule out any other sections of society while you're at it?

45 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Of course, not questioning his credentials. I would just like to see us become a club known for giving the younger generation good opportunities.

Over the years we have given many young physios first jobs and work experience.  “Not helping young physios” is not one of OAFCs failings.

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Over the years we have given many young physios first jobs and work experience.  “Not helping young physios” is not one of OAFCs failings.

Good job I didn't say it was then eh...

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Good job I didn't say it was then eh...

You understand how English works don’t you? By implying you want the club to be known for giving the younger generation good opportunities, at the same time as suggesting the appointment of and older physio is a negative thing, you ARE suggesting the football club does not help young physios.

I have just tried to educated you that you are wrong on that belief. No doubt I won’t be thanked.

13 minutes ago, Pidge said:

You understand how English works don’t you? By implying you want the club to be known for giving the younger generation good opportunities, at the same time as suggesting the appointment of and older physio is a negative thing, you ARE suggesting the football club does not help young physios.

I have just tried to educated you that you are wrong on that belief. No doubt I won’t be thanked.

Seems like you might be the one struggling to understand English Mr/Mrs Patronising...

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

And dump the older and just as capable on the scrapheap. 

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

And dump the older and just as capable on the scrapheap. 

Well you're not dumping anyone if you don't employ them in the first place...

But you are sensible, you know this.

Why Liversedge?

"A manager can't be on his own, you're going to need good people around the club when I'm not there in order to keep driving the culture that we believe is the right way to be a good footballer," said Mellon of his backroom changes.

"What sometimes can happen is that people don't push and challenge behaviours when I'm not there. What you have to be able to do. What you have to be able to get from your staff is when I'm not there, everybody's challenging that, everybody's saying 'that's not how a good team operates, that's not a good player behaviour or a good player attitude', and then that will go into the team.

"I've got a lot of players that will do that as well now. I've got players in there that will say 'that won't make us successful, behaving like that or training like that'. We need an all-in group in order to work well.

"I want to make Oldham smile again, I want the fans to smile, so that's what I need, and those guys that I've brought in will help me to do that, at all times - not just when it's sunny but when things get tough, or whatever. Those guys will still be driving it on, and they're all people who have had success in their careers so they know what it takes so all around about the place there are lots of positives."

- Micky Mellon in the Oldham Times

That's why

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Well you're not dumping anyone if you don't employ them in the first place...

Think he was speaking generally, not specifically.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

You are a very very strange human. 

Do we think he might in fact be a new and experimental version of ChatGPT? I don't know a huge amount about AI but I gather one of the problems with it is that it can be prone to "hallucinations".....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Do we think he might in fact be a new and experimental version of ChatGPT? I don't know a huge amount about AI but I gather one of the problems with it is that it can be prone to "hallucinations".....

Can always rely on the Owl to chirp up with a super smart quip.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Anyone else find it a bit odd employing a physio who is in their 60s? No, just me then...

More baffled by how he must've only been in his early 30s in the early 90s. Honestly thought he was about 50 then

• 2 weeks later...