MATCH: vs Swindon Town (A) 12/03/22

15 minutes ago, Wardie said:

People on Twatterama linking the reappearance of the interfering clown with the downturn. Can't see Sheridan taking any shit from him but maybe the bad smell he creates has an effect on morale. Or I am just clutching at straws.

Wouldn’t surprise me the least. His mere presence is enough to make you feel sick. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Has Sheridan stated his reason why Vaughan and Couto are not getting any time on the pitch?

I wouldnt play them in this league. Even if we weren't in a battle. Couto is shocking defensively. I would attempt to change him into a winger. And Vaughan has been replaced at half time on numerous occasions because he cant handle the hustle and bustle of this league. He gets knocked off the ball too easily. And can't be effective tackling. He either needs to figure out how to use his low centre or he won't make it. No matter how talented he is. Whelan has been poor last few games, but no better option as whelan at least offers you work rate. He's all over the pitch. Hunt is a poor Bowden. Stobbs should be released. Bahamboula to be dropped. Fage even did well today for all the shit he gets. 3 last ditch interceptions in a RB position that he should never be playing in. Stupid challenge from clarke to get sent off. Then for shez to leave fage at CB instead of making a sub was unreal. Hart fcuked up for the goal. After saying all this though, who have we to come in? Noone. Tope isn't a miss. He's been poor apart from 10 mins against scunny. I was berated on other platforms a couple week ago after criticising draws at Colchester and Crawley. This is exactly why I criticised. They were our most winnable games. Now it looks like it's down to us or Stevenage, maybe barrow. After being 1 of 6 a couple week ago. And we have to win games in hand for us to even be classed in the same bracket as Stevenage and barrow. I dont think we will make it as shez got a tune but now has no other players to be able to change it up. Our only chance is luck and hope our opposition every week has an off day

30 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Where you watchin the same game? Bahamboula needs dropping. For all his flicks and skills, he did nothin with it. And off the ball he jus walked around whilst everyone else busted a gut. 

Who offered more today? 

Who beat more players than he did today? 

nobody. 

25 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I wouldnt play them in this league. Even if we weren't in a battle. Couto is shocking defensively. I would attempt to change him into a winger. And Vaughan has been replaced at half time on numerous occasions because he cant handle the hustle and bustle of this league. He gets knocked off the ball too easily. And can't be effective tackling. He either needs to figure out how to use his low centre or he won't make it. No matter how talented he is. Whelan has been poor last few games, but no better option as whelan at least offers you work rate. He's all over the pitch. Hunt is a poor Bowden. Stobbs should be released. Bahamboula to be dropped. Fage even did well today for all the shit he gets. 3 last ditch interceptions in a RB position that he should never be playing in. Stupid challenge from clarke to get sent off. Then for shez to leave fage at CB instead of making a sub was unreal. Hart fcuked up for the goal. After saying all this though, who have we to come in? Noone. Tope isn't a miss. He's been poor apart from 10 mins against scunny. I was berated on other platforms a couple week ago after criticising draws at Colchester and Crawley. This is exactly why I criticised. They were our most winnable games. Now it looks like it's down to us or Stevenage, maybe barrow. After being 1 of 6 a couple week ago. And we have to win games in hand for us to even be classed in the same bracket as Stevenage and barrow. I dont think we will make it as shez got a tune but now has no other players to be able to change it up. Our only chance is luck and hope our opposition every week has an off day

Well I was optimistic till I read that 

hope you aren’t a doctor or any other profession that may need to pass on bad news 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Who offered more today? 

Who beat more players than he did today? 

nobody. 

What did he do when he beat players? Nothin. Passed it back to them. Or shot a mile high or wide. Most importantly he did that about 4 or 5 times. What did he do for the rest of the match? Stood by whilst the rest ran. There was 2 occasions at least where missilou and Adams actually had to run passed him to close down the ball. Then there was hope DKD missilou and whelan hard pressing whilst bahamboula stood and watched whilst they passed it by him. Stobbs can beat a player. Doesnt mean he's anythin other than shit. I actually have bahamboula on last season shirt, but he's nowhere near the level he was last year. He's seen his dream championship move go and now he cant be arsed with the hard work

25 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

although I agree in part and strength in Depth is poor we still have 12 games. Loads to play for a no one really amazing. Best team we played in ages was Newport and we got a point. Need to win 2 of the 4 coming up at home 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Well I was optimistic till I read that 

hope you aren’t a doctor or any other profession that may need to pass on bad news 

I would love to see them come on and start playing. They both have talent. But in this league they just get kicked off the pitch. The back 4 and missilou have shown since shez came that you have to be a nasty bastard to have any success in this league

7 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

What did he do when he beat players? Nothin. Passed it back to them. Or shot a mile high or wide. Most importantly he did that about 4 or 5 times. What did he do for the rest of the match? Stood by whilst the rest ran. There was 2 occasions at least where missilou and Adams actually had to run passed him to close down the ball. Then there was hope DKD missilou and whelan hard pressing whilst bahamboula stood and watched whilst they passed it by him. Stobbs can beat a player. Doesnt mean he's anythin other than shit. I actually have bahamboula on last season shirt, but he's nowhere near the level he was last year. He's seen his dream championship move go and now he cant be arsed with the hard work

Whelan… 😂.  He was abysmal. 

We have come back from the dead with Shez. In the last two games we have lost out on two points in the last minutes of the game. 
Barrow and Stevenage are clearly in our sights and we have to play them both and they are on poor runs. 
We are a long way from being stuffed. We also have more chances of getting 3pts than them.  I’m optimistic. It beats the shit out of pessimism. 

24 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

We have come back from the dead with Shez. In the last two games we have lost out on two points in the last minutes of the game. 
Barrow and Stevenage are clearly in our sights and we have to play them both and they are on poor runs. 
We are a long way from being stuffed. We also have more chances of getting 3pts than them.  I’m optimistic. It beats the shit out of pessimism. 

We’ve played Barrow twice. 

2 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Where you watchin the same game? Bahamboula needs dropping. For all his flicks and skills, he did nothin with it. And off the ball he jus walked around whilst everyone else busted a gut. 

He gets on the ball, makes interception and is often the only free option for a ball out.  Whatever movement he is making, it's more often than not the right one.

And I still maintain that Bahamboula tracks back more often and wins the the ball far more often than Keillor-Dunn, who for some reason gets a free pass in this regard.

Better playing like that than playing like Hope - running around non-stop like a headless chicken and yet only touching the ball half a dozen times in 90 minutes.  

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

I assume from a lot of the posts that not many actually saw the game. 

Just got back and we were unlucky, for all Swindon possession and attacking play they didn’t really look like they’d score until the Ref helped them out by not giving us a blatant shirt pull on Bam and they went  straight down the other end and got a set piece and our hastily reorganised defence got caught out having battled for 100 mins

Nothing wrong with the fight and passions today and do that for the remaining games and we’ll pick up the points we need 

Shez obviously doesn’t think the kids are the answer and he’s probably right

Swindon spent most of the game falling over and getting our players booked. The ref was shite and their fans pathetically quiet until they got their lucky break and then celebrated like they had won the league

Need a win on Tuesday 

Pretty much spot on this. 

We had players hacked down a few times in the first 15 minutes, no cards. One of theirs pushed someone in the back in retaliation (Whelan maybe), no card. Another pulled Bahamboula’s shirt back when breaking up the middle in a deliberate ‘professional foul’, no card. Adams tackle wasn’t even given as a free kick til their 17 (top shithouser) starting faking injury and rolling round. Free kick then given, Adams gets the card, player gets up laughing at the crowd. 

All afternoon they were shirt pulling without even a free kick. And you’re right about Bahamboula at the end, shirt pulled nearly off his back, no free kick. They go up the other end and score. 

We weren’t great but we were worth a point. And with more composure could have nicked a goal. Scrapping for low scoring wins and draws is what Shez did before and is trying to do now. We don’t have the squad this time though - Fondop or Luamba are key to it working. It’ll be a struggle if we can’t find someone else to do that role. 

I reckon it’ll go all the way and be between us, Barrow and Stevenage. 

4 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

The ref is a total embarrassment.  You'd think football were a non-contact sport.

He was so weak and Swindon took full advantage of it. Every challenge became a free-kick

and bookings. He certainly was a "homer".

Devastated but can stay in this league if we keep working hard. 

Agree Jack Stobbs isn't fit to wear the shirt. 

Keep The Faith

First 15 minutes we were the better side and Bamboozler had a decent chance which he should’ve done better with.From then on backs to the wall not helped by one of the worst refereeing performances I’ve witnessed.White shirted players foul they automatically get booked,red shirted players foul they get a talking to.That said for the 2nd consecutive Saturday we concede deep into injury time which I feel in part is our lack of nous when it comes to using our subs.We’ve a small squad with a lot of games upcoming,we can’t rely on the same 11 players.I feel Couto for Adams around the hour mark is a decent option,he can cross a ball and importantly gives us an added dimension with the long throw.We’ve players running on fumes by 70 minutes,we need subs to take some pressure off.Anyway let’s keep the faith,massive month upcoming.

Just back what a sickening blow again at the end,the referee has to be the worst I have seen in along time he should  have given us a free kick for the pulling on bahamboula which he didn't and as I result they got the free kick to score from. 

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I assume from a lot of the posts that not many actually saw the game. 

Just got back and we were unlucky, for all Swindon possession and attacking play they didn’t really look like they’d score until the Ref helped them out by not giving us a blatant shirt pull on Bam and they went  straight down the other end and got a set piece and our hastily reorganised defence got caught out having battled for 100 mins

Nothing wrong with the fight and passions today and do that for the remaining games and we’ll pick up the points we need 

Shez obviously doesn’t think the kids are the answer and he’s probably right

Swindon spent most of the game falling over and getting our players booked. The ref was shite and their fans pathetically quiet until they got their lucky break and then celebrated like they had won the league

Need a win on Tuesday 

I did go today.

Whereas I agree that were unlucky in the way the goal came about, and reckon that the first half was honours even, I felt that Swindon approached the second forty five far more positively than we did.

Whatever Sheridan says at the break is clearly not working and his substitutions seem to have little effect.

Were it not for Rogers who made two or three crucial saves and the defenders in front of him making a number of last ditch blocks and tackles, Swindon would have won the game comfortably.

Swindon, like many of the sides in the division, looked nothing special. Yet they outplayed us for most of the second period.

Latics had a full week to prepare for the game today - Swindon had three days; and yet it was us that looked tired and leggy for the last quarter of the game. 

We all know that Sheridan has a squad limited in numbers and in quality but why Sheridan persists with Whelan on current form and then brings Stobbs on in preference to Vaughan and Couto is baffling.

Yes the referee was extremely poor today but aren’t they all at this level?

The players worked hard I agree but if the quality is not there then the hard work is not going to be enough.

It’s going to be a tough month.

22 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The players worked hard I agree but if the quality is not there then the hard work is not going to be enough.

It’s going to be a tough month.

Agreed, same sentiment as you and @League 1 forever plus everyone else who points at the fatal weakness, which is an inadequate / imbalanced squad.

Abdallah is accountable, if we ultimately fall short, none of the decisions made by John Sheridan can be cited as crucial to the outcome. Quite the opposite, without him, this debate would be closed now, would have moved on to launching tennis balls / pitch invasions or whatever else comes next, once all hope of survival is lost.

Mike Fondop's brief and brilliant contribution illustrates this perfectly, missing puzzle piece.

If every sinew isn't being strained to conjure another improbable out of contact goal poaching giant, it bloody should be.

My faith says somebody at or connected to the club is trying to make this happen.

If it doesn't, I do not see how Shez can achieve the sequence of results we now require.

6 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Bam, whilst supremely skillful, is quite possibly the laziest player I have ever seen

Supremely skilful my arse. Anyone can do step overs and beat one or two players where no harm is done. Where is the end product? 
We’ve been starved of several quality players for so long that we think a one trick jogging show pony is a maestro. No way.

Archived