National League Thread

18 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Well what good is that to us? 

Make runs that the rest of the team can read...

Should be easy enough to put in for a front two like these,

Two half decent wide players would be a good start.

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

Norwood and Garner - great reputation at previous clubs - but there's no where near enough movement, if that's going to be the front partnership of choice next year. 

when you don't like somebody and you try to sound like you know what youre talking about..

12 hours ago, Glossop Shrimper said:

No !

Still hanging on even after today's shenanigans.

7 hours ago, boyinthesnow said:

Looks like the sale has gone through now

Bad news for us but good for Southend.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Bad news for us but good for Southend.

Still a long way to go, but I'll happily take that as a starter for ten. We still have the noose of a £1m bond from the NL to manage.

Personally, I think this season will be a lot tighter than previous.

Stockport, Chesterfield, Wrexham all gone. Solihull and Altrincham sold on key players. Rochdale look to be a handful, Barnet have recruited well, Tamworth, a dark horse, and I think Gateshead will carry on where they left of last season. 

As for us, we have Kevin Maher, NL manager of the season despite everything going on off the pitch. 

Bring it on 🙂

On 4/29/2024 at 11:08 AM, Dave_Og said:

Palace in for a defender from Peterborough for in excess of £15m.  Barnet get half of any fee

He's ended up going to Southampton for £3m. Hope Barnet haven't worked on the basis they were making £7.5m this summer...

3 hours ago, LaticMark said:

:petesake:

Absolute joke that, 'clubs have been told'.

I'd be telling them to sling it, plenty of teams at our level were struggling to fulfill fixtures the season gone and some couldn't even name 5 subs on occasions, if these PL want to hold over inflated squads of youngsters then let them crack on I can't see the benefit to anyone at our level from this proposal and we would be one of the better equipped.

Where they gonna play these fixtures as well, several teams in our division struggled to even keep their pitch in good order. 

• Like 1

I see National League TV is being revamped. I wonder if this means they could follow the EFL in covering more matches with 12:30 and 5:30pm kick offs to avoid the 3pm blackout?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Absolute joke that, 'clubs have been told'.

I'd be telling them to sling it, plenty of teams at our level were struggling to fulfill fixtures the season gone and some couldn't even name 5 subs on occasions, if these PL want to hold over inflated squads of youngsters then let them crack on I can't see the benefit to anyone at our level from this proposal and we would be one of the better equipped.

Where they gonna play these fixtures as well, several teams in our division struggled to even keep their pitch in good order. 

Bet Halifax are pleased! But what if it rains.

13 hours ago, LaticMark said:

:petesake:

Lol, bless how they're calling it a cup competition, rather than behind closed doors friendlies given the amount of people who'd bother to attend an U21s match on a Tuesday night. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

I read online that Maidenhead are set to receive £4m following the transfer of Max Kilman to West Ham from Wolves.

Controversy around it though as Maidenhead had a 20% sell on and wolves have said they will only sell if Maidenhead only took 10%. Really poor that 

Edited by adamoafc

17 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Controversy around it though as Maidenhead had a 20% sell on and wolves have said they will only sell if Maidenhead only took 10%. Really poor that 

Absolutely……They signed an agreement it should be binding…they paid £40k and are now getting what, is it £40m? How much profit do they fucking want?

Absolutely typical of the greedy league….I despise the lot of em!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

Maidenhead should have said no - Wolves would have sold irrespective of any clause.

48 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Maidenhead should have said no - Wolves would have sold irrespective of any clause.

Easier said than done a club of that size. If Wolves did stick to their guns Maidenhead could have ended up with nothing. But the whole deal and how it’s been handled is shocking