National League Thread

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The player will have been unsettled by missing out on the obvious pay rise so the deal would be a certainty to go through sooner or later so I think it wouldn't have been much of a gamble to hold out.

Shouldn’t have to hold out though should they? Wolves should have honoured the deal they agreed to and signed. There’s enough money to go round for everyone to be happy…..Wolves were making £31,960,000 the greedy bastards!!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Easier said than done a club of that size. If Wolves did stick to their guns Maidenhead could have ended up with nothing. But the whole deal and how it’s been handled is shocking 

They've got 4 million out of it. They'll be alright...

10 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Maidenhead should have said no - Wolves would have sold irrespective of any clause.

9 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The player will have been unsettled by missing out on the obvious pay rise so the deal would be a certainty to go through sooner or later so I think it wouldn't have been much of a gamble to hold out.

I agree, but it’s a lot easier said than done when you’re risking 4 million. 

We never got paid on Micah, but I’m sure if Villa had paid a fee and city did the same to us- Corney would’ve bitten their hand off. 

On 7/8/2024 at 11:14 PM, League one forever said:

We never got paid on Micah, but I’m sure if Villa had paid a fee and city did the same to us- Corney would’ve bitten their hand off. 

What stopped a Micah Richards pay out? 

On 7/8/2024 at 11:14 PM, League one forever said:

City bought the Richards sell on clause off us. We did well out of it. That's why Corney agreed to the same with Tarky but that one backfired...

Micah went to Fioritina on loan, his contract with City expired at the end of the loan  and then went to Villa on a free so no transfer fee involved.  Corney turned down £500k from City to buy the sell on clause in the hope of a big move but ended up with nothing, which is probably why he compromised with the Tarky sell on.  Cannot really blame him for that.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

City bought the Richards sell on clause off us. We did well out of it. That's why Corney agreed to the same with Tarky but that one backfired...

1 hour ago, Whitts said:

Micah went to Fioritina on loan, his contract with City expired at the end of the loan  and then went to Villa on a free so no transfer fee involved.  Corney turned down £500k from City to buy the sell on clause in the hope of a big move but ended up with nothing, which is probably why he compromised with the Tarky sell on.  Cannot really blame him for that.

Who's right?

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm inclined to think think Richards move abroad lost us the sell on clause. 

Which was the move that gained City a fee. IIRC Fiorentina paid £1.5 million loan fee, which could have entitled us to £300,000 (20%). Depending on how the contract was worded (loan fees may not have been covered).

But like @Lee Sinnottsaid it seems extremely likely Corney (or even one of the other 2) sold our sell-on fee.

Richards' move to Villa after his loan to Fiorentina was a free transfer. We'd have got nowt.

35 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm inclined to think think Richards move abroad lost us the sell on clause. 

He left on a free…10% of fu** all is…well, fu** all!😂😂

16 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

He left on a free…10% of fu** all is…well, fu** all!😂😂

Youd have thought he'd remember  Latics  before he agreed to the move abroad. He must have known about the sell on clause. 

I suppose though agents were behind it and he'd be advised to take the best offer. 

40 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Youd have thought he'd remember  Latics  before he agreed to the move abroad. He must have known about the sell on clause. 

I suppose though agents were behind it and he'd be advised to take the best offer. 

The move abroad made no difference.  If he'd been loaned domestically it would have made no difference.  Can't expect any player to prioritise  us over his career  when he had a brief relationship with the club literally half his (then) lifetime before

Thanks fellow scout Adam for passing on this information. I'd previously recommended him to Latics, but I'm sure he will be excellent for Ebbsfleet and we will have to be very wary of him when we play against them in September. 

https://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/fleet-take-tangas-talents-on-board/

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2024 at 11:43 AM, BP1960 said:

So Micah Richards should have decided against a loan move abroad because it wouldn't benefit Oldham. Like Joe Biden you. Gone from talking the odd bit of sense to waffling absolute shite

Anyone have any idea as to when TNT announce the TV game for opening weekend?   Wanting to book flights for match but if its on TV will mess up the plans!   

I think they will go with Forrest Green match but you never know!

37 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Anyone have any idea as to when TNT announce the TV game for opening weekend?   Wanting to book flights for match but if its on TV will mess up the plans!   

Boston v Rochdale or Tamworth v Sutton ahead of us I reckon.

And what's with all the strange ko times?

Championship all start at 12:30

League One at 17:30

surely not due to the Community Shield kicking off at 15:00?

1 hour ago, deckyd said:

Knowing the National League, I'd say 50/50 we'll know by 2.50pm on the Saturday.

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

And what's with all the strange ko times?

Championship all start at 12:30

League One at 17:30

surely not due to the Community Shield kicking off at 15:00?

They're all being televised

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11672/13157701/live-efl-2024-25-fixtures-on-sky-sports-championship-league-one-league-two-games-dates-kick-off-times

• Thanks 1