National League Thread

14 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

How shit are 12.30 kick offs for your genuine fan who travels miles to watch their team.

On the first Saturday, for example, Sunderland fans have to travel to Cardiff and Portsmouth fans have to travel to Leeds.

15 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

How shit are 12.30 kick offs for your genuine fan who travels miles to watch their team.

5:30pm kick offs can be as bad if travelling by train. 

If this is indeed the case, then at least it means Saturday games will kick off at 3pm which is much better for the travelling fans.

I am presuming that National League TV will still be around for midweek and international weekends😃

31 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If this is indeed the case, then at least it means Saturday games will kick off at 3pm which is much better for the travelling fans.

I am presuming that National League TV will still be around for midweek and international weekends😃

I wonder if they will just put the whole thing through National League TV.

Personally I quite like the idea of us having games going through one of the sports providers. I'm not going to get to games away at places like Ebbsfleet or Sutton so it gives me the chance to see them on a Saturday evening/lunchtime. Plus it's away of promoting football at this level to a wider audience so it's I hope they find a TV deal.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I wonder if they will just put the whole thing through National League TV.

Personally I quite like the idea of us having games going through one of the sports providers. I'm not going to get to games away at places like Ebbsfleet or Sutton so it gives me the chance to see them on a Saturday evening/lunchtime. Plus it's away of promoting football at this level to a wider audience so it's I hope they find a TV deal.

We need to get out of this league.

I see Lincoln are streaming their pre season friendlies live for a small fee (including v Latics).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We need to get out of this league.

I see Lincoln are streaming their pre season friendlies live for a small fee (including v Latics).

BP where have you seen the streaming of the game. Lofty

On 7/16/2024 at 11:45 AM, BP1960 said:

5:30pm kick offs can be as bad if travelling by train. 

5:30 on a Saturday isn't too bad compared to a 7:45 Tuesday night. Often run the risk of missing the last train back if the ground isn't central. 

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I imagine the viewing figures are poor on TNT for this. I think Wrexham would have given them a bump with all the interest from the TV show but is anyone tuning in for Barnet vs Gateshead for example, especially if there is a PL game on the other channel. 

Would be good if someone like DAZN or another App picked it up. It would make sense for them as it would be cheap and they can build their client base. 

Don't know why I said Client base instead of subscribers. 

Everyone email Help@DAZN.com and get them to pick it up and give us a cheap introductory offer for supporting shit football leagues. 

37 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Absolute dog shit this League, hopefully one day we'll be rid of it.

Not much hope or optimism from our fan base for the upcoming season is there. It’s like chalk and cheese compared to our reactions this time last season. 

On 7/15/2024 at 8:26 PM, yarddog73 said:

So it's started! Rochdale announced that both our games will be 12.30pm  kick offs. How will I get to Rochdale for then?? Really is shit. As fans we are never consulted and have to accept whatever this shit league decides.

Edited by diggleblue
Wrong spelling.

4 hours ago, diggleblue said:

So it's started! Rochdale announced that both our games will be 12.30pm  kick offs. How will I get to Rochdale for then?? Really is shit. As fans we are never consulted and have to accept whatever this shit league decides.

On the contrary I absolutely love 12:30 kick offs. Get it out of the way nice and early.

1 minute ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Should of happened last season but now we're stuck with it indefinitely 

Indefinitely? I'm not one for massive optimism after the last 30 years of failure. I have this sneaking suspicion that Mickey will come good this season and we will be back where we belong. 

6 hours ago, diggleblue said:

If you want to get to Rochdale by 12.30 then I'd suggest setting off late morning. Why's this any different to any team 2.5 hours away from Oldham having to play at BP at 3pm?

The games have been moved on police advice, not because the league has demanded it. And we've had plenty of 3pms vs Rochdale over the years, I'd imagine the biggest issue was 'fans' acting like thundercunts at Spotland last season. Not the NL.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jsslatic said:

If you want to get to Rochdale by 12.30 then I'd suggest setting off late morning. Why's this any different to any team 2.5 hours away from Oldham having to play at BP at 3pm?

The games have been moved on police advice, not because the league has demanded it. And we've had plenty of 3pms vs Rochdale over the years, I'd imagine the biggest issue was 'fans' acting like thundercunts at Spotland last season. Not the NL.

True about the thundercunts.....new one for me that but quite like it.....but it still means an early start for me from Surrey for 2 games!

9 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

True about the thundercunts.....new one for me that but quite like it.....but it still means an early start for me from Surrey for 2 games!

What times the 409 bus from Surrey?😄

27 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I only have to get there from Oxfordshire but to be on the safe side I’ll need to leave before 8:00am 😮

16 hours ago, disjointed said:

Indefinitely? I'm not one for massive optimism after the last 30 years of failure. I have this sneaking suspicion that Mickey will come good this season and we will be back where we belong. 

He's a serious amount of work to do before we get anywhere near

What seemed tough last season, will be even tougher and nothing's changed here to make a difference.