National League Thread

5 hours ago, GKing521 said:

We’re miles off a top 7 finish. 

On what basis? We’re better than last season and finished 10th. 

33 minutes ago, daniel said:

On what basis? We’re better than last season and finished 10th. 

We haven't scored from open play all pre-season. It's clear that we're lacking any sort of attacking quality and we also have no depth.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Can that be really counted from a free kick which rebounded from the wall. Goals a goal though 

I've heard of penalties not really counting but this is a whole new level 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GKing521 said:

We haven't scored from open play all pre-season. It's clear that we're lacking any sort of attacking quality and we also have no depth.

I do agree about the depth tbh, the Tues friendlies have shown us that it appears we still have a lot of poor players, but I think our core 14 or so players are much better than last season and I still think we’ll have 2-4 more signings and with the loan window also a possibility. I’m sure MM knows we cannot go in to the season with Fondop as our main striker and it’ll be addressed. The league is going to be largely shite again, and I think we should be in and around the play offs if not towards the higher ends.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He better had do and he better had do 🙂

A very good young striker is being consided, but it all depends on availability. (not Stones). 

Having seen him  and if it happens I think he will be a big success here. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

A very good young striker is being consided, but it all depends on availability. (not Stones). 

Having seen him  and if it happens I think he will be a big success here. 

Sounds promising. Is he quick ? 

4 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Sounds promising. Is he quick ? 

Very tall, I'd say his main assets are technique and link up play, particularly with his back to goal. 

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

John Bostock signs for Solihull, type of player we've been crying out for, someone you can play through.

Aye, I thought similar. Would happily take a player like the lad Osbourne they have too. 

6 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Much talked about last season. When played us in April was anonymous.

Gave away a penalty and should’ve done the same in the home match too when he forearm smashed Fondop. That said, I rated him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does any one know what the situation is in the event that Gateshead reach a promotion play off spot this year or if they win the league outright? Clearly the were barred last year. Have they resolved their ground situation? Anyone know please.

4 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Does any one know what the situation is in the event that Gateshead reach a promotion play off spot this year or if they win the league outright? Clearly the were barred last year. Have they resolved their ground situation? Anyone know please.

A bit of information here ⬇️

www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/gateshead-fc