Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

15 hours ago, True Tic said:

If he’s a forward do we really need him? 

Well David Unsworth did say he favoured 4-3-3, so if we did sign him it might suggest that is a preferred formation. With say a number 9 Fondop or Nuttall with Reid/Willoughby/Dallas/Geen playing as the wide forwards. Tollit and Hope could also be options as a wide forwards in a front 3.

The 3 behind could be Ward and Lundstrum with Sheron or Shelton shielding, then the new back 4 is Kitching Hogan Hobson New RB with Couto as an option/back up on the left and Sutton as an option at CB or RB. 

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well David Unsworth did say he favoured 4-3-3 so if we did sign him it might suggest that is a preferred formation with say a number 9 Fondop or Nuttall with Reid/Willoughby/Dallas playing as the wide forwards. Tollit and Hope could also be options as a wide forwards in a front 3.

The 3 behind could be Ward and Lundstrum with Sheron or Shelton shielding then the new back 4 is Kitching Hogan Hobson New RB with Couto as an option/back up on the left and Sutton as an option at CB or RB. 

Potent forward line by all accounts. Chesterfield fans seem to rate Dallas and looking at their forum they’re hoping he signs ASAP . 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well David Unsworth did say he favoured 4-3-3 so if we did sign him it might suggest that is a preferred formation with say a number 9 Fondop or Nuttall with Reid/Willoughby/Dallas playing as the wide forwards. Tollit and Hope could also be options as a wide forwards in a front 3.

The 3 behind could be Ward and Lundstrum with Sheron or Shelton shielding then the new back 4 is Kitching Hogan Hobson New RB with Couto as an option/back up on the left and Sutton as an option at CB or RB. 

It would certainly send out a message of intent!

Lads - no one fucking cares. It's bland, childish bickering. If a 5 year old did it I would be disappointed in their immaturity.  I've hidden some of it, I can't be arsed finding the rest of it.

Just stop. Grow up. Or DM each other. Or meet up in person and just have a good rummage under the sheets, get the tension over and done with. But it stops here. You both post perfectly fine most of the time, but I will just ban you in the end - I'm far too lazy to go cleaning up threads these days.

Please and thank you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Lads - no one fucking cares. It's bland, childish bickering. If a 5 year old did it I would be disjointed in their immaturity.  I've hidden some of it, I can't be arsed finding the rest of it.

Just stop. Grow up. Or DM each other. Or meet up in person and just have a good rummage under the sheets, get the tension over and done with. But it stops here. You both post perfectly fine most of the time, but I will just ban you in the end - I'm far too lazy to go cleaning up threads these days.

Please and thank you. 

l've stopped and DM'd him already for a rummage, but like fuck am l growing up lve honest really tried but it doesnt seem to work 🤣

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

l've stopped and DM'd him already for a rummage, but like fuck am l growing up lve honest really tried but it doesnt seem to work 🤣

I'm 78yo, somehow akin to Peter Pan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Back on topic - new player in the gym wearing official training gear defo looks like Dailas. Seemed to to doing fitness test with club's gym instructor accompanied by agent/dad.

Careful there, one or two on here will be wetting themselves............one way or another!  😆

Some people are very confident that he's signed. IF he has, then we have a very exciting attacking line-up, with options:

Willoughby/Reid

Ward/Tollitt          Nuttall/Fondop.      Dallas/Green

Lundstron/Sheron   Shelton/Gardner

Kitching/Couto  Hogan/Oil tanker  Hobson/Sutton  AN Other

Norman/Hudson

Just need a RB (or two) and a CB (with McGahey leaving at some point).

This is starting to look really, really good.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Some people are very confident that he's signed. IF he has, then we have a very exciting attacking line-up, with options:

Willoughby/Reid

Ward/Tollitt          Nuttall/Fondop.      Dallas/Green

Lundstron/Sheron   Shelton/Gardner

Kitching/Couto  Hogan/Oil tanker  Hobson/Sutton  AN Other

Norman/Hudson

Just need a RB (or two) and a CB (with McGahey leaving at some point).

This is starting to look really, really good.

Tollit over Hope? Wow.

If Dallas comes in, surely that would mean one of the other forwards would be on the way out. There are max 3 starting spots for forwards and we would have

Nuttall

Reid

Willoughby

Hope

Fondop

And I'm sure he's talked about using Ward up the pitch.  I would say out of that list that the top 3 would expect to be starting most games with Hope and Fondop more ok with a predominantly sub role, so if you add in Dallas then that's 4 "1st choice" forwards.  Given we can only have 5 subs (or has that changed?), that seems top heavy so someone would have to move on.

Is Dallas more of a wide forward or an up the middle player? So if he did come in, could mean Reid or Nuttall maybe out depending on the type of player he is.

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

If Dallas comes in, surely that would mean one of the other forwards would be on the way out. There are max 3 starting spots for forwards and we would have

Nuttall

Reid

Willoughby

Hope

Fondop

And I'm sure he's talked about using Ward up the pitch.  I would say out of that list that the top 3 would expect to be starting most games with Hope and Fondop more ok with a predominantly sub role, so if you add in Dallas then that's 4 "1st choice" forwards.  Given we can only have 5 subs (or has that changed?), that seems top heavy so someone would have to move on.

Is Dallas more of a wide forward or an up the middle player? So if he did come in, could mean Reid or Nuttall maybe out depending on the type of player he is.

Hard one to work out as if it's two up top you'll want one to play off like Nuttall or Fondop. I just can't see Reid being that out of favour.

I'd get rid of Fondop, can't run over an hour, only plays one position and is miles off the others ability wise. 

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Back on topic - new player in the gym wearing official training gear defo looks like Dallas. Seemed to to doing fitness test with club's gym instructor accompanied by agent/dad.

Chesterfield fans on their forum are reading this as if it’s a local pure gym 🤣

I think this signing would probably mean the end of Hope and/or Tollitt.

We'll likely play 4-3-3, with Willoughby and Dallas in the wide positions.

That leaves Reid, Nuttall and Fondop competing for the centre forward position. Reid could probably play in the left sided position if needed, but I can't see Fondop staying around too long if this is to be the case.

I don't think we are in for him myself. Agents playing games.

If we did sign someone who plays up top or wide left of a 3 I'd imagine both Tollit and Fondop will be gone.

Both or one would be used to tempt Halifax in selling their right back no doubt.......

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Possibly- but Hope is an Unsy type player. He’ll run all day for him. 

And he's a back up player. I don't think that Hope leaving if Dallas came in solves the problem. We'd have too many forwards who'd expect to be starting. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Possibly- but Hope is an Unsy type player. He’ll run all day for him. 

4 outfield subs. He can play left wing, right wing, up top in a 2 and any of a 3, and I'm sure Curle had him wing back at one point! Great option off the bench at this level if he's not starting. 

Tollit like Rooney and Fondop can play one position. Not good enough to command that stop so IF we sign this lad Tollitt needs sending to Halifax.