Micky Mellon Sack Watch

6 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

He struggles managing a National League team with a budget multiple times bigger than the majority of clubs in the division.

He'd have no chance even in League 2   

He clearly has no chance in a league that he's won promotion from twice before with separate clubs.  🙄

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

There's a crazy rumour going around on X from fairly reliable people (Barry Owen - whether you like him or not, he still somehow has fingers in a lot of pies around football, and @Fervid) that Mellon may be bound for Blackpool...

I'll stick £50 to Dr Kershaw if Mellon is Blackpool's next manager 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I like Mellon but wouldn’t be bothered to see him go. I thought Pete Wild would be favourite for Blackpool got 12/1. Someone has said he wants 12 months off though 

Not sure he's reached a level in his career where he can choose to take a year out

8 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

He's a choice for an ambitious club at National League level, that may even stretch to League Two as well.  But he's not a manager that I'd be happy with if I was a fan of a League One club looking to push towards the Championship.

Micky knows what good looks like...  🥴

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not sure he's reached a level in his career where he can choose to take a year out

Well that's what he's doing, he's a regular at home games and appears happy and content during his break, his lad presented the MOM award to Monthe at the last home game and from what I've heard unless something turns up that is too good to turn down he's happy just sitting it out for now, fair play to him for that he seems like a man who likes to stick to his principles and you can't fault him for that.

• Like 1

Guest O.A.F.C.
1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

He clearly has no chance in a league that he's won promotion from twice before with separate clubs.  🙄

From what we've seen so far whilst he's been here, I think it's a valid opinion.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Well that's what he's doing, he's a regular at home games and appears happy and content during his break, his lad presented the MOM award to Monthe at the last home game and from what I've heard unless something turns up that is too good to turn down he's happy just sitting it out for now, fair play to him for that he seems like a man who likes to stick to his principles and you can't fault him for that.

Good luck to him, just seems like a bold call

Guest O.A.F.C.
36 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Maybe it's due to his wife having another child recently 

36 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Plus he’s probably been paid off his last year of his contract at Barrow 

13 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Plus he’s probably been paid off his last year of his contract at Barrow 

I think he had recently signed a 5 year deal at Barrow so will have had a very decent pay off!

Sorry to pour water on the MM out brigade, he’s not going anywhere.

Big job on for sure, it will be interesting to see the reaction or “bounce back ability” tomorrow.

16 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I really like him, but I can't for the life of me imagine what Blackpool in L1 have seen recently to make him on their wishlist. Has to be nonsense...

That's a 2+2=43 rumour surely. MM isn't going to be on many L1 or L2 teams' radar unless he achieves success with us.

25 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I've done some digging into this with some people who should have a bit of an insight into what's happening. They claim its nonsense...

You'd be absolutely horrified at the prospect as a Blackpool fan, that alone should put them off...

Sunday lunch with someone with good knowledge. Rumours have been doing the rounds and growing in intensity re Blackpool but thinks it's a non-starter and mainly down to social media nonsense. Everyone fully focussed on getting Latics up this season; promotion is absolutely required this season and no excuses will be accepted.

46 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Your dislike for the man is almost as weird as you. So bizzare. 

Mellon hasn't done enough here to warrant any attention from anybody and who's to say somebody wouldn't do better if he did happen to leave?