Micky Mellon Sack Watch

24 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Mellon hasn't done enough here to warrant any attention from anybody and who's to say somebody wouldn't do better if he did happen to leave?

The jury’s still out for me tbh. We appeared to be far fitter and better organised against Braintree which should be expected but matches since have probably given me a slightly different perspective.

When Norwood comes back hopefully with another striker alongside him we will need to be performing much better.

This is season 3 under the Rothwell’s and I’m pretty sure they will now be expecting a promotion campaign.

I’m happy to give him until year end and beyond provided we are making satisfactory progress, if we are still mid table and out of the playoff places I think his position would have to come under severe under scrutiny.

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, whittles left foot said:

Whilst I agree with you-it is not much different to your constant persuit and abuse of Sheron last season.

He wasn’t good enough, our manager agreed. 

He is an extremely limited footballer.

No abuse, I just don’t like central midfield players who blindly pump it down the channel. He was an ever present in our worst midfield for the last two years. Has he achieved anything in his career ? Appears to be in constant decline. 

Mellon has 5 promotions. 

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He's young and blond, what more do they want?

I don't think our fan base knows what it wants. It is, of course, far easier to identify what you don't.

There is a lot riding on this appointment though, I feel.

Sorry, I seem to be dragging this O/T a fair bit. 

22 hours ago, spanishfly said:

Promotion is absolutely required this season and no excuses will be accepted.

Well that's just not going to happen is it. 

This season is already gone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Not just this season, but the next ten seasons are over.

All because of the first 5 games of this season.  They've been that disastrous.

• Like 5

Last I heard, Wild was waiting for the managerial merry-go-round to start. Blackpool will be a good job for him. Not too far with him having a new baby and his son doing well with his football. Had offers from abroad over the summer but turned them down.

24 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Last I heard, Wild was waiting for the managerial merry-go-round to start. Blackpool will be a good job for him. Not too far with him having a new baby and his son doing well with his football. Had offers from abroad over the summer but turned them down.

Illuminations are on soon as well !!   😃🎆

39 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Where is his son?

7 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Unfortunate not to get the Barcelona job, I thought

On 8/26/2024 at 3:24 PM, GKing521 said:

Not too sure tbh;  thought Gateshead were very ordinary. They flatter to deceive. Stand off and let them play and they look ok but get in their faces and they crumble. Should have been 3 or 4 - I on Saturday. If we can only find our shooting boots there's little to worry about in this league if Gateshead are supposed to be some kind of benchmark.

1st time I've seen them and thought they were a average at best.