Micky Mellon Sack Watch

58 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Not the man to take us up. 

Next pre-season is vital. 

He’ll be here next pre-season. The only way he isn’t is if we have an absolute disaster and finish in the bottom half, and we won’t do that. 

16 minutes ago, daniel said:

He’ll be here next pre-season. The only way he isn’t is if we have an absolute disaster and finish in the bottom half, and we won’t do that. 

TBH, these are his players, and it’s his squad…..if we fail to make top 7 he should be gone, no question!

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

TBH, these are his players, and it’s his squad…..if we fail to make top 7 he should be gone, no question!

We’ll get top 7. It is a worry we are drawing too many again, which is pissing me off, but we hopefully won’t keep missing these chances, which getting Norwood fully fit and another striker and Garner fit I’d imagine we should get better in that area. 

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but I was furious with their equaliser. That defence should not be conceding any goals from set pieces!!! Piss poor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GKing521 said:

No it's not, we're doomed for the next 30 years.  All due to this ghastly first 6 games of this season.  Mellon is the worst thing to happen to this club.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

No it's not, we're doomed for the next 30 years.  All due to this ghastly first 6 games of this season.  Mellon is the worst thing to happen to this club.

Only 30 years? You bloody happy clapper. We should fold the club now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, daniel said:

We’ll get top 7. It is a worry we are drawing too many again, which is pissing me off, but we hopefully won’t keep missing these chances, which getting Norwood fully fit and another striker and Garner fit I’d imagine we should get better in that area. 

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but I was furious with their equaliser. That defence should not be conceding any goals from set pieces!!! Piss poor. 

Completely agree with the bold bit.  Monday's goal could've been prevented but it was a good strike from distance.  There's no way our defence should be dropping points from a set piece like that.

7 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Completely agree with the bold bit.  Monday's goal could've been prevented but it was a good strike from distance.  There's no way our defence should be dropping points from a set piece like that.

When do you start to get twitchy Bosh? (I know 6 games is too early) 

If we’re 18 points after 12 is that good enough? 

Or is it, he comes under no pressure as long as 7th is possible? 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

When do you start to get twitchy Bosh? (I know 6 games is too early) 

If we’re 18 points after 12 is that good enough? 

Or is it, he comes under no pressure as long as 7th is possible? 

For me we don’t panic for at least another month or so. If we are still conceding stupid goals, and missing all these chances, and in theory chucking points away when we have signed another striker, when Garner is fit, when Norwood is fully fit, when Dolan settles, when Otis Khan can come on etc then I will start to worry more.

The majority of sane people can see we are a better team than last season, and so lets see what we can do with additional players coming in soon, which may allow MM more of a plan A option of only 1 upfront etc. 

I know it’s could of, would of, should of, but the 3 draws this season we should have won them all, based on chances created, and so whilst disappointed with those draws i’m staying positive that once we have better players we’ll start taking these chances. 

The expectation cannot be to win the league because we've got no reason to expect that. But even if it was, there isn't going to be a Chesterfield/Wrexham/Notts County this season.  Which means we can probably have an average start and not be massively adrift if we then kick into gear a little further down the line, and even then we probably still don't need to be super dominant to the extent of a Chesterfield. 

In terms of making the playoffs, we were dog shit for the first two months of last season and dog shit for the last two months. We needed 8 points more from those 4 months for the playoffs. We're already 4 better off this season. You don't have to be great by any stretch to make the playoffs in this league. 

We'll be fine. 

Edited by PlayItLivo
  • Like 1

For the record, on another day without that donkey up front, we have 5 more points and we are joint top.

We are by far not the finished article, but it’s chalk and cheese compared to the Unsworth days.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Arguably they shouldn't but for the last 5 games we've only scored 1 goal in each game so you are only 1 defensive mistake/piece of bad luck away from throwing away atleast 2 points. I'd say the bigger problem lies At the top end of the pitch.

9 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

For the record, on another day without that donkey up front, we have 5 more points and we are joint top.

We are by far not the finished article, but it’s chalk and cheese compared to the Unsworth days.

Nahhhhhh. If it didn't happen you can't speculate on what could've been on here*. You know the rules.

* Unless it's speculating on John Sheridan's opening six match record in 22-23. With a completely different set of players. Against a completely different set of opposition. That's alright.

16 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Only 30 years? You bloody happy clapper. We should fold the club now.

I just love that post.

60 years following the "Super Blues" and I have still not lost my sense of humour although I do feel sorry for the younger fans who have seen nothing but relegation.

My personal view on Mr Mellon  - "he's not the man for us" - but we are stuck with him.  (I am a Pete Wild fan by the way)

Keep the faith boys and girls - we will get there one day,

Best wishes - Brian.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Give it a break. We are playing far better football, just can’t rely on Fondop to get us goals. 

We need Norwood up and running, he’s got his 1st. 

18 hours ago, daniel said:

I'm told he must get us promoted this time otherwise he's gone. It was clear early days that our lack of firepower up front was going to hinder us. Once that is sorted I think promotion is achievable as there has been other improvements throughout the team and in our approach.

We can't hang around on sorting the goal scoring problem though.

51 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Unless it's speculating on John Sheridan's opening six match record in 22-23. With a completely different set of players. Against a completely different set of opposition. That's alright.

It’s not a comparison, it’s a reflection on the last two years and the club as a whole that despite all the money we’re still not consistent. 

Depending on your view, we should be  further ahead in our development or it takes years to sort the mess. 

12 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

I'm told he must get us promoted this time otherwise he's gone. It was clear early days that our lack of firepower up front was going to hinder us. Once that is sorted I think promotion is achievable as there has been other improvements throughout the team and in our approach.

Who told you?

13 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

It’s never black and white.

If we’re up there by Xmas, stay there and he finishes in the top 5 but we miss out, I’ll be amazed if they sack him. 

If we limp along in the top ten, sneak 7th and miss out. I can see the case for them making a change. 

10 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Who told you?

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s never black and white.

If we’re up there by Xmas, stay there and he finishes in the top 5 but we miss out, I’ll be amazed if they sack him. 

If we limp along in the top ten, sneak 7th and miss out. I can see the case for them making a change. 

Someone I trust told me. I think (and this is me putting 2 and 2 together) it's possibly connected to 3rd party investment i.e. conditional upon us being a FL club again.