Micky Mellon Sack Watch

4 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

Someone I trust told me. I think (and this is me putting 2 and 2 together) it's possibly connected to 3rd party investment i.e. conditional upon us being a FL club again.

Ok- let’s say that’s the case. 

We need to go up to bring in investment. 

We are massively improved and we just miss out. It’s a big risk to sack him and take your chance with someone else. 

If there isn’t significant improvement in league position- then fair enough. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

Someone I trust told me. I think (and this is me putting 2 and 2 together) it's possibly connected to 3rd party investment i.e. conditional upon us being a FL club again.

Someone I trust may tell me stuff about Latics, but it doesn't really mean they know anything about Latics. :) so that's a bit vague.

Are you saying someone within the club who you trust? If not it's pure speculation and just ramping up the pressure when there is really  no need to at the moment.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Someone I trust may tell me stuff about Latics, but it doesn't really mean they know anything about Latics. :) so that's a bit vague.

Are you saying someone within the club who you trust? If not it's pure speculation and just ramping up the pressure when there is really  no need to at the moment.

I was told in confidence. I have no insider connections at Latics but the person who told me is well connected via business relationships. We may one day find out but hopefully not because "We are going up, say we are......" 

6 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

I was told in confidence. I have no insider connections at Latics but the person who told me is well connected via business relationships. We may one day find out but hopefully not because "We are going up, say we are......" 

That's the spirit!!! :) 

20 hours ago, League one forever said:

When do you start to get twitchy Bosh? (I know 6 games is too early) 

If we’re 18 points after 12 is that good enough? 

Or is it, he comes under no pressure as long as 7th is possible? 

It's a good question.

I think it's a little more about performances rather than points in the first third of the season.  And overall I think we've got a team/squad/set up which is able to control matches this season (last season wasn't convincing win lose or draw), even though the quality up front hasn't been there enough in the early stages.

It's been a frustrating start to the season but mainly due to us not taking advantage of good opportunities to win games, rather than playing particularly badly.  Small but significant changes in attack and what is a good defence developing a stronger bond with time playing together should see us right and get the wins we need to be at the top.

• Like 2

In January 2022, I went to watch FC Halifax vs. Grimsby Town (I believe it was a re-arranged match after a waterlogged pitch, unsurprisingly). Grimsby had come down from L2 the season before, were 10th in the league and lost 1-0 for their fourth loss in five matches. Halifax were top of the league.

Grimsby went up that season. Halifax did not. So writing off a season after six games is absolutely mind-boggling, as is calling for a manager who has experience of being promoted from this league to be sacked. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, NotPaulScholes said:

Grimsby went up that season. Halifax did not. So writing off a season after six games is absolutely mind-boggling, as is calling for a manager who has experience of being promoted from this league to be sacked. 

What is this nonsense?

Everyone knows that the first 6 games determines the next 6 years.

Our fanbase needs a reality check.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, NotPaulScholes said:

In January 2022, I went to watch FC Halifax vs. Grimsby Town (I believe it was a re-arranged match after a waterlogged pitch, unsurprisingly). Grimsby had come down from L2 the season before, were 10th in the league and lost 1-0 for their fourth loss in five matches. Halifax were top of the league.

I don't think anybody serious is doing either of those things.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Four promotions from championship or five from much lower. Not really sure why Bruce generates the opprobrium he does.

His overall win percentage at 12 club's is 37.2% but he has been at a higher level over a long managerial career,

His last appointment in 2022 was down to 25%, so should be safe for a while at Blackpool.

Mellons is 44.76% overall at 7 club's at the lower end,

His current performance of 32.50% here, is his worst showing since going into management, that needs to change.

Edited by Littlemoor Lad
Overall used twice

2 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

His overall win percentage at 12 club's is 37.2% overall but he has been at a higher level over a long managerial career,

His last appointment in 2022 was down to 25%, so should be safe for a while at Blackpool.

Mellons is 44.76% overall at 7 club's at the lower end,

His current performance of 32.50% here, is his worst showing since going into management, that needs to change.

Bruce is one of a very few managers who have been in charge of over 1,000 professional matches.  he must have been doing something right for the last 20 plus years