Micky Mellon Sack Watch

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

Mmmm- to a point. 

As long as he’s in touching distance of the playoffs the club will stick with him. If we’re bottom half at Christmas and drifting to 10/12 points from the playoffs I could see them making a change. But it’s moot- because we won’t that bad. 

After the complete shambles of the previous appointment and the subsequent related costs incurred,

I can't see them being over willing to admit another own goal, can you?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I think they'll honour his full contract, fan power won't work on this one.

Fan power often does work if the club is losing money hand over fist due to falling attendances. 

Hopefully it won't come to that. 

34 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

After the complete shambles of the previous appointment and the subsequent related costs incurred,

I can't see them being over willing to admit another own goal, can you?

No, that’s why I’m saying it would have to be really poor/ well below expectations for them to pull the plug. 

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Fan power often does work if the club is losing money hand over fist due to falling attendances. 

I'm pretty sure we are losing more money than ever, crowds down and an increased budget mean the Rothwells will be getting a little worried, unless we pick up that's only likely to get worse unfortunately, all our parachute payments have stopped and I dread to think what sort of bills we are still picking up from the Royle vanity project.

We desperately need to start winning, we probably can't even afford to fire Mellon if we wanted to regardless of where he takes us.

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Only one man has the ultimate say and he's shown incredible restraint with both appointments, I hope Mellon doesn't let him down like the last one

29 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm pretty sure we are losing more money than ever, crowds down and an increased budget mean the Rothwells will be getting a little worried, unless we pick up that's only likely to get worse unfortunately, all our parachute payments have stopped and I dread to think what sort of bills we are still picking up from the Royle vanity project.

We desperately need to start winning, we probably can't even afford to fire Mellon if we wanted to regardless of where he takes us.

Not saying we should, but the notion that we can’t afford to sack Mellon is just made up. We have funds. 

• Like 1

I’m still not totally Mellon out yet, but I am at the point where I can understand why some are.

However, I’d only be content losing him if we bring in a young, forward-thinking manager. The older generation can do one.

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

I’m still not totally Mellon out yet, but I am at the point where I can understand why some are.

However, I’d only be content losing him if we bring in a young, forward-thinking manager. The older generation can do one.

Yeah, I’m basically the same. I really want it to work but can understand why people have had enough. 

It will end up being Wild if we do. 

Who is Gatesheads manager? They lost their manager and best players yet have got better 😂

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

It just feels inveitable we’ll be starting again late October/November. 

I don’t really want that, cba with it. I hope he sorts it asap, We need some stability. Needs must thought if we are floundering.

I think we all want to see something being built and to have stability.  But no manager gets time without results.

In January of this year he had us 5th after 18 games.

Since then he’s won 5 games in 26. . .

The bigger concern is this though. 

He’s now had a year in charge and signed the following players. 

Caprice

Ogle

Monthe

Jes 

Conlon 

Charsley 

Hammond 

Gardener

Dolan

Kay 

Khan

Mikey

Garner 

Why is it after signing 13 players and a year in charge we don’t look anything like a Mellon side. Because there is no way his Tranmere Fleetwood and Shrewsbury sides were as bad as us after a year. Why can’t he muster more than the odd ninety minute performance out of them?  Why is it that no matter who plays we start slow, only play in little spells, and look abject at times. 

Feels like the beginning of the end to me now. 

Edited by League one forever

We’re only 6 points off automatic and there shouldn’t be any need to panic but our performances are utter dog shit!

I honestly can’t understand how he’s wanting them to play. That 1st half barring the first 10 minutes was shocking and as bad as anything last season. As a coach/manager I just fail to see what he brings to the table.

Yes, there has been a marginal improvement from last season but you would expect that with so called better players.

I want continuity and really don’t want another manager to be sacked but unfortunately MM doesn’t appear to have the slightest clue as to what good looks like!

Why did we suddenly look like we could win it when down to 10 men. It was the only time we looked like we wanted it….it has to be down to the manager’s tactics.

A decent team would have murdered Halifax tonight. They were there for the taking but we just didn’t have a clue how to win!

Will this bad dream ever end?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think we all want to see something being built and to have stability.  But no manager gets time without results.

Caprice

Ogle

Monthe

Jes 

Conlon 

Charsley 

Hammond 

Gardener

Dolan

Kay 

Khan

Mikey

Garner 

Why is it after signing 13 players and a year in charge we don’t look anything like a Mellon side. Because there is no way his Tranmere Fleetwood and Shrewsbury sides were as bad as us after a year. Why can’t he muster more than the odd ninety minute performance out of them?  Why is it that no matter who plays we start slow, only play in little spells, and look abject at times. 

Feels like the beginning of the end to me now. 

Perhaps the game has moved on and his football may have been effective then, but no longer isn’t?

I don’t know if that’s true, but I’m certainly starting to think that way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Caprice

Ogle

Monthe

Jes 

Conlon 

Charsley 

Hammond 

Gardener

Dolan

Kay 

Khan

Mikey

Garner 

Feels like the beginning of the end to be now. 

At the minute I'm only happy with 4 maybe 5 of those signings - recruitment hasn't been good enough and that's on MM and his assistant manager and head of recruitment. Not sure why DR has started being targeted by some, surely he along with the board just OKs the finances when asked?

1 minute ago, mick26 said:

At the minute I'm only happy with 4 maybe 5 of those signings - recruitment hasn't been good enough and that's on MM and his assistant manager and head of recruitment. Not sure why DR has started being targeted by some, surely he along with the board just OKs the finances when asked?

Oh DR is part culpable Mick. No question. 

Micky all but said the recruitment structure was a mess, and it was.  Problem is, that only 3 of MM’s 13 signings have been any good as well. 

On 7/28/2024 at 6:40 PM, GKing521 said:

Pre-season seems to be going the same way as it did under Unsworth, if not worse.

We once again seem to be short across the board—no firepower and, once again, no midfield.

Factoring in the truly appalling end to last season as well as his alarming post-match interview yesterday, you can see why I don’t think he will last very long.

Unsworth was given until 16th Sept, and the way Mellon is going I presume it will be similar.

Unless we have a miraculous turnaround and sign 4/5 quality players, I feel his fate will be sealed fairly swiftly. 

Well.

• Like 1

What I can't understand is why we see the same thing every game. Shit first half, team talk at half-time telling the boys to play further up the pitch, win

more second ball, play with more intensity. Response after the team talk. Better football and effort. At this point t we've missed half the 90 mins.Meanwhile Rochdale are 2 up and we're chasing another game.

Why does the team need to wait till half time?What's the manager telling them Pre match?Why isn't our captain relaying the managers wishes o  the pitch? Why isn't the manager Communicating with his players during the game?

We see what's wrong,according to Mellon he sees it.So why are the players not seeing it?

I'm mystified at what is being said all week,every week.

I don't want him sacked but how many more games has he got?

And please Mellon get us a midfield.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2024 at 9:59 PM, yarddog73 said:

I can't remember this being the case very often at the club, probably since Ritchie in the late 90's and pre-Chris M**re.

If we've needed to sack managers, we've done it.  Hell the Lemsagams showed they could do it even if we didn't need to sack them!