Micky Mellon Sack Watch

37 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If you pulled one after 20 or 30 minutes whose not doing his job it might make the rest refocus, if they are going out there and not doing what's asked of them why are they staying on the pitch, with 5 subs now and a deeper bench give someone else an opportunity to prove themselves.

Good call.

Shame the bastards into action.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Just out of interest for those of the belief that we can't attract decent players despite having the highest wage bill in the NL by some distance, how do teams like Halifax, Gateshead, Barnet, Wealdstone, you could go on actually,operate on home crowds of less than 1000, they manage to pass the ball about, work off the ball, put the hard yards in, they've gone out and found players with the necessary desire to compete in the NL and are paying them less than 1k a week to do so.

This myth that we should be paying them more to drop down three divisions is just that, whoever is spending the Rothwells money is doing it frivolously, recruitment in this division and buying the right type of player is key but time and time again you'd have to say our business is questionable.

How many signing can we honestly say have improved us in the past 2 years, I'd say Raglan, Monthe, Ogle, Charsley, Stones and that's probably about it for me the rest we could probably have done without, we've visited lesser clubs and consistently took their lesser players when we could have done better;

Lundstrum - Conn-Clarke 

Nuttall - Ogle

Kay - Haughton

Uchegbulam - Sinclair

Imagine if we'd have brought in the four on the right as opposed to the four we've been lumbered with on the left, whose in charge of recruitment?, who looked at Jez and thought he's a better player than Sinclair or Dale's replacement for him for that matter Allarakhia who was outstanding for Wealdstone wide left last season and is miles in front of Jez.

The serious issue here is that we continue to waste vast amounts of money because we have no conceivable plan, we've got the highest wage bill in the League yet our only striking option getting on for a quarter of the way in to the season is Fondop whose got his limitations, then the manager comes out and states that missing chances is killing us, no shit sherlock. What we fucking doing about it then because that will just continue given you probably need to give Garner and Norwood till the end of September to even get near fit enough and that if neither breaks down.

Until recruitment is ironed out we'll continue to struggle and money will just get pissed down the drain on players we don't need or could of got better with. It really isn't about us not paying these players enough it's quite the opposite, many are picking up EFL wages and performing like NPL players and that's a fact, where's the incentive in that for them to put the hard yards in or go that little bit harder?, our wage bill for the level is frightening and still we have a squad with obvious weaknesses in midfield and upfront. 

Top post 👍

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

BP is hardly a coludron of seething hate, just another easy excuse that gets thrown out.

And also a specific weakness identified and used by opposition managers last season.

4 minutes ago, JumpingJoshLundstram said:

Feel sorry for Mellon, so many people have it in for him and want him to fail.

It's a shame as I think he has the potential to take us back to the football league.

Hopefully he proves them wrong and they'll all be singing his name on Yorkshire Street .... fickle fuckers. 

Not one person wants him to fail. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JumpingJoshLundstram said:

Reading some of the comments on here make me feel otherwise. Moaning already. Season is 8 games in. We've improved from last season and been unlucky not to win a number of those games. 

Moaning that we are not winning doesn't mean they want the manager to fail. 

10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Just out of interest for those of the belief that we can't attract decent players despite having the highest wage bill in the NL by some distance, how do teams like Halifax, Gateshead, Barnet, Wealdstone, you could go on actually,operate on home crowds of less than 1000, they manage to pass the ball about, work off the ball, put the hard yards in, they've gone out and found players with the necessary desire to compete in the NL and are paying them less than 1k a week to do so.

This myth that we should be paying them more to drop down three divisions is just that, whoever is spending the Rothwells money is doing it frivolously, recruitment in this division and buying the right type of player is key but time and time again you'd have to say our business is questionable.

How many signing can we honestly say have improved us in the past 2 years, I'd say Raglan, Monthe, Ogle, Charsley, Stones and that's probably about it for me the rest we could probably have done without, we've visited lesser clubs and consistently took their lesser players when we could have done better;

Lundstrum - Conn-Clarke 

Nuttall - Ogle

Kay - Haughton

Uchegbulam - Sinclair

Imagine if we'd have brought in the four on the right as opposed to the four we've been lumbered with on the left, whose in charge of recruitment?, who looked at Jez and thought he's a better player than Sinclair or Dale's replacement for him for that matter Allarakhia who was outstanding for Wealdstone wide left last season and is miles in front of Jez.

The serious issue here is that we continue to waste vast amounts of money because we have no conceivable plan, we've got the highest wage bill in the League yet our only striking option getting on for a quarter of the way in to the season is Fondop whose got his limitations, then the manager comes out and states that missing chances is killing us, no shit sherlock. What we fucking doing about it then because that will just continue given you probably need to give Garner and Norwood till the end of September to even get near fit enough and that if neither breaks down.

Until recruitment is ironed out we'll continue to struggle and money will just get pissed down the drain on players we don't need or could of got better with. It really isn't about us not paying these players enough it's quite the opposite, many are picking up EFL wages and performing like NPL players and that's a fact, where's the incentive in that for them to put the hard yards in or go that little bit harder?, our wage bill for the level is frightening and still we have a squad with obvious weaknesses in midfield and upfront. 

What a really good post.

To add to this-do other clubs have the same 'issues' we seem to get with players. I see some stuff about the PL as it is much better reported but do other non lge teams have the same problems we seem to get?

When I say 'issues' I mean the following.

Goalkeeper frozen out but still under contract-no prospect of him playing again for us.

One centre forward signed for big money-frozen out then out on loan

One centre forward frozen out-cannot even get on the pitch when we have only one other forward fit to play.

One forward now on loan to Chester.

Is this typical of any other clubs?

What must the owner ask about what the hell is happening to these these players?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

What a really good post.

To add to this-do other clubs have the same 'issues' we seem to get with players. I see some stuff about the PL as it is much better reported but do other non lge teams have the same problems we seem to get?

Goalkeeper frozen out but still under contract-no prospect of him playing again for us.

One centre forward frozen out-cannot even get on the pitch when we have only one other forward fit to play.

What must the owner ask about what the hell is happening to these these players?

Is it not standard new manager stuff to ship out the players you don’t fancy in favour of ones you do?

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Is it not standard new manager stuff to ship out the players you don’t fancy in favour of ones you do?

Precisely this. 

And as for Norman, he was No2 of three 'keepers for a chunk of last season but performed so badly in pre-season that he is now No3 of three. It happens.

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

What a really good post.

How has the keeper been 'frozen out'?  Lost his place when injured, replacement deserved to keep it, looked like he'd never played before in pre-season. That's not frozen out, that's dropped.

11 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

What a really good post.

OMG. There was only one striker frozen out for what he did on SM last Xmas. I hope you are not suggesting that any of the others on your list should still be playing in our first team after the performances they gave in an Oldham shirt.

17 hours ago, JumpingJoshLundstram said:

Feel sorry for Mellon, so many people have it in for him and want him to fail.

It's a shame as I think he has the potential to take us back to the football league.

Hopefully he proves them wrong and they'll all be singing his name on Yorkshire Street .... fickle fuckers. 

Why would anyone want him to fail?  It may not be articulated that well on social media, but I think it's more many didn't think he was the right appointment and have seen little since to make them think otherwise.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, he does have an air that we should be grateful he's here.  Wasn't he happily out of the game before we approached him?  I'm not sure if it's easy to get the drive you once had back once you've decided you don't want to do it anymore.

Coming out with patronising lines like "I know what good looks like" won't do him any favours.  Fans know what good looks like too and this ain't it.

I for one don't want him to fail, but I want to see some direction.  We've signed some better players, but the performances seem to have slumped back to last season's low points.  It "clicking" seems to be based a little on blind faith rather than hard evidence.  Yes, we could have won some of these draws, but we could have lost them as well.

Anyway, straight into this lot today.  Two upfront, boss the midfield, defend well..

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Pidge said:

OMG. There was only one striker frozen out for what he did on SM last Xmas. I hope you are not suggesting that any of the others on your list should still be playing in our first team after the performances they gave in an Oldham shirt.

No I am not.

Not really true though your reply. Nuttall, Reid & Willoughby hardly played after Christmas.

I asked the question is this typical of other clubs? Seems most think it is normal practice to have players you don't need just drawing a wage for doing nothing.

16 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

What a really good post.

he must think 'jayzus those players that the big chap signed are wankkkk. thankfully this new chap who didnt buy them seems to agree with me and has managed to fuck them off. phewww.'

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Why would anyone want him to fail?  

best guess something happened to them whilst they were children, but l can't accuratley explain what is wrong with them. l have asked but all l got was violence or abuse so l gave up trying.

18 hours ago, oafcmb said:

Not one person wants him to fail. 

It's down to him whether he fails or not

Best start winning and prove the doubters wrong, it begins by setting out with one thing in mind, getting stuck into the opposition from the off and stopping them playing.

Sadly, not his style

4 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

No I am not.

Not really true though your reply. Nuttall, Reid & Willoughby hardly played after Christmas.

I asked the question is this typical of other clubs? Seems most think it is normal practice to have players you don't need just drawing a wage for doing nothing.

They hardly played because they showed they weren't good enough. For reasons we all know about we ended up with an over big squad and they can't all play 

• Like 1