Micky Mellon Sack Watch

3 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

2. Just because Micky was able to offload a load of the shit/fat in the squad, it was easy to do.

Either Micky is a liar or it wasn’t anywhere near as difficult as he made out and he was having a backs to wall rant. 

We can only go of what he tells us, and what happens. 

What he told us,  hasn’t happened. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Either Micky is a liar or it wasn’t anywhere near as difficult as he made out and he was having a backs to wall rant. 

For the record- I think it was a backs to wall rant. That was said because he was hurting, and he just over cooked things. 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Wait, what 😂. People have been buying kids / student season tickets as adults ? 

Surely not? 

Possibly more than you'd think if what I've heard anecdotally is owt to go by. I know of a couple personally who've been pulled this year.

I was still chancing my arm at concession prices at most aways until I was 30.

Plenty have been pulled and rightly so for using tickets they weren't entitled to, shameful really if they actually call themselves supporters.

Still think the club should be doing more to make it easier for fans to stagger payments.

Edited by yarddog73

38 minutes ago, JoeP said:

You've lost me a bit.  We're either arguing the same point or talking about something completely different..

I'm saying the club - as you've said above - count season ticket holders even if they don't turn up.

So we sold more season tickets last season, but less season ticket holders were turning up towards the back end of last season, but they were still counted.

This season we sold less season tickets, but a higher percentage of season ticket holders are attending games.

That means the "real" attendances are roughly the same as the back-end of last season (but before Mickey's comments).

🤔FFS!!!…I’m out!

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Surely it must've been difficult?  The assessment from Mellon himself went along with a lot of fan opinion.  Chuck in inflated wages and of course it was going to be difficult.

I don't follow other teams, but I've not heard of anyone "ripping up any trees" to quote a much-loved ex-director..

14 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Surely it must've been difficult?  The assessment from Mellon himself went along with a lot of fan opinion.  Chuck in inflated wages and of course it was going to be difficult.

I don't follow other teams, but I've not heard of anyone "ripping up any trees" to quote a much-loved ex-director..

Thought it was plants?😂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Plenty have been pulled and rightly so for using tickets they weren't entitled to, shameful really if they actually call themselves supporters.

Still think the club should be doing more to make it easier for fans to stagger payments.

I may be wrong here, but wasn't the finance option removed from the club because of the previous regime?  it would be beneficial if it could be re in stated. Would the trust not raise an issue like this. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Dont forget the amount of payoffs we will have had to make (Shelton, Sheron, Ward) as well as contributions to wages of loaned out players (Nutall, Willoughby). Mellon didnt know for certain this was going to happen.

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Ward & Shelton’s contracts were cancelled by mutual consent and Sheron moved to Pools for an undisclosed fee so no payoffs there and some money actually coming in!😆

Surely in order to get to mutual consent they must've had a percentage of their remaining contract paid up?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

I may be wrong here, but wasn't the finance option removed from the club because of the previous regime?  it would be beneficial if it could be re in stated. Would the trust not raise an issue like this. 

It was. They were so incompetent that after failing to file returns despite numerous reminders they were declared not fit and proper and lost their authorisation.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Surely in order to get to mutual consent they must've had a percentage of their remaining contract paid up?

Depends…they both left after getting offers from new clubs so I don’t think so.

If the club had paid their contracts up I think they would have said that a settlement had been agreed.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Hopefully they will raise it, I'm pretty sure it's being worked on though as some will struggle to pay for them in one chunk.

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Hopefully they will raise it, I'm pretty sure it's being worked on though as some will struggle to pay for them in one chunk.

This was a question at the fans forum a number of months ago. It was indeed removed because of the old regime, and our credit score is still not recovered enough for finance companies to take the risk on as of yet. DR did say he would like to reintroduce the finance option and that once they are able to do so they will. Hopefully next season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Baffling. I know times are hard, but those fans can’t really complain about us not pushing the boat out for certain signings ect. Not really the actions of a supporter.. 

you assume they made these complaints?

l can fully understand poor people using concession tickets. l'd probably go as far as allowing sit at home doleheads heavily reduced tickets. 

but then again l'm an Anarcho Communist so my view might not be valid.

42 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

you assume they made these complaints?

l can fully understand poor people using concession tickets. l'd probably go as far as allowing sit at home doleheads heavily reduced tickets. 

but then again l'm an Anarcho Communist so my view might not be valid.

No reason at all that they can't release a certain amount of tickets to those who are struggling and simply can't afford it, not ashamed to admit my first taste of live football came through free tickets handed out at my school, we simply didn't have the money so that i could attend games as I would have liked.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

He also did the interview after the Oxford game. At which our fans were on the backs of the players, chanting abuse to both Norwood and Hogan, arguing amongst themselves and chanting against Mellon. 

Not surprised he was as annoyed as he was, again, fans have to take a share of the responsibility. 

I know the players got it at the end of last season but I dont think I heard one chant against Mellon. I know the feelings of someone Twitter and here were against him. 

I always remember having a meeting with Darren the day before the Halifax game at chesterfield and said don’t sack Mellon stick with him he will come

good. 

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I know the players got it at the end of last season but I dont think I heard one chant against Mellon. I know the feelings of someone Twitter and here were against him. 

I always remember having a meeting with Darren the day before the Halifax game at chesterfield and said don’t sack Mellon stick with him he will come

good. 

Na there was a fair amount of chants against him. More so after the game in fairness.