Micky Mellon Sack Watch

10 hours ago, deyres42 said:

The second half of the season shocked others to the core and isn't as easily forgotten as others would like...

I agree.

Especially as Mellon has done absolutely nothing since the second half of last season to change things for the better.  It's absolutely nothing to do with players who have now left the club either.  The last 11 games of last season have really scarred us during our recent good run of form.

We should definitely sack him before the Tranmere game to avoid embarrassment to the club.

• Like 3

What's actually changed then from the back end of last season?. Although I keep reading how worried Micky was after the Fylde debacle I see that as a bit of a smoke screen, after Fylde in the next 16 league games we;

W9

D4

L3

That's 1.94ppg or close on 90 points over the course of the season, in contrast we are currently on 26 point from 14 games at 1.85ppg or if it's sustained 85 points.

In our next game the full house at home to Kidderminster it all went drastically wrong, we won one of our last 13 and that was the very next game at Eastleigh, something other than us having a very average squad of players happened around that time, I'm still not sure what but that run in and everyone's performance from Mellon down was inexcusable, we finished the season off 11 without a win, our worst run for over 20 years and that's despite being on the verge of the top three and in the playoffs prior to the Kidderminster game. 

Any other manager barring Mellon would have been toast on the back of a run like that and rightly so, it was fucking awful to the degree that it's the first time in a very long time that I stayed away and others have decided to continued to do so in to this season, we'll never know what went on but all I can see is that several players have been moved on, change of Captain, behind the scenes I get a sense we have stepped up the professionalism, fresh start for everyone board/fans/players but other than that other than the signing of Ogle, Monthe, Charsley we are pretty much as we were, have these handful of signings really made the difference?, I'm not sure and deep down I'm of the opinion that we could have done better with whatever we had back end of last season but for some reason one or two didn't want that to happen.

On the back of those piss poor performances over a sustained period I'm not surprised at all those spending their hard earned got frustrated, that would happen amongst any group of fans across the land, particularly when our players are being looked after and paid handsomely in relation to a lot of their counterparts in the National League yet couldn't muster the necessary effort and desire to even compete some werks.

Mellon had it in the bank and rightly so given his record but let's not start making out it was somehow the fans fault that we were largely dog shit from the day of Frank's homecoming around mid February, we'd beat Barnet home and away in the preceeding couple of months yet I didn't hear many complaints from the management team around that time about the quality of the squad.

11 hours ago, deyres42 said:

The second half of the season shocked others to the core and isn't as easily forgotten as others would like...

My point was that we had just won a blood and guts derby at Dale and totally capitulated at Fylde.

That’s when realised it a shit show.

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Europa Conference League is better than the National League...

Absolutely not having that any team playing in the Welsh league is higher than us. 

TNS walk the league every year as the league is crap, TNS are just a little less crap. 

Edited by LightDN123

10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Europa Conference League is better than the National League...

The fact TNS are in it brings that into question!

Everyone thinks the Europa League is embarrassing. The Conference League is even worse! What do say West Ham get out of winning a competition like that? A load of mid-range Premiership players winning a cup where they've had to play painters and postmen. As I say, I'd rather win the FA trophy!

10 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Everyone thinks the Europa League is embarrassing. The Conference League is even worse! What do say West Ham get out of winning a competition like that? A load of mid-range Premiership players winning a cup where they've had to play painters and postmen. As I say, I'd rather win the FA trophy!

No they don't.

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

And it's still better than Maidenhead United away...

3 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I agree.

Especially as Mellon has done absolutely nothing since the second half of last season to change things for the better.  It's absolutely nothing to do with players who have now left the club either.  The last 11 games of last season have really scarred us during our recent good run of form.

We should definitely sack him before the Tranmere game to avoid embarrassment to the club.

You could do with getting some new material...

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

What's actually changed then from the back end of last season?. Although I keep reading how worried Micky was after the Fylde debacle I see that as a bit of a smoke screen, after Fylde in the next 16 league games we;

W9

D4

L3

That's 1.94ppg or close on 90 points over the course of the season, in contrast we are currently on 26 point from 14 games at 1.85ppg or if it's sustained 85 points.

In our next game the full house at home to Kidderminster it all went drastically wrong, we won one of our last 13 and that was the very next game at Eastleigh, something other than us having a very average squad of players happened around that time, I'm still not sure what but that run in and everyone's performance from Mellon down was inexcusable, we finished the season off 11 without a win, our worst run for over 20 years and that's despite being on the verge of the top three and in the playoffs prior to the Kidderminster game. 

Any other manager barring Mellon would have been toast on the back of a run like that and rightly so, it was fucking awful to the degree that it's the first time in a very long time that I stayed away and others have decided to continued to do so in to this season, we'll never know what went on but all I can see is that several players have been moved on, change of Captain, behind the scenes I get a sense we have stepped up the professionalism, fresh start for everyone board/fans/players but other than that other than the signing of Ogle, Monthe, Charsley we are pretty much as we were, have these handful of signings really made the difference?, I'm not sure and deep down I'm of the opinion that we could have done better with whatever we had back end of last season but for some reason one or two didn't want that to happen.

On the back of those piss poor performances over a sustained period I'm not surprised at all those spending their hard earned got frustrated, that would happen amongst any group of fans across the land, particularly when our players are being looked after and paid handsomely in relation to a lot of their counterparts in the National League yet couldn't muster the necessary effort and desire to even compete some werks.

Mellon had it in the bank and rightly so given his record but let's not start making out it was somehow the fans fault that we were largely dog shit from the day of Frank's homecoming around mid February, we'd beat Barnet home and away in the preceeding couple of months yet I didn't hear many complaints from the management team around that time about the quality of the squad.

So what has changed except for the players out, players in, change in formation, improvement in professionalism and the fact we haven't immediately shit the bed having got into a playoff place?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

No they don't.

The mid-table Premier League teams might see qualifying for it as an indication of a good season, but it's the boobie prize for not qualifying for the Champions League really.  What that makes the Europa conference league, I'm not sure...